12 50.00%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

One Piece Chapter 885 Discussion and 886 Predictions

"It's Brulee"

One Piece Chapter 885 Discussion and 886 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga Chapter 885 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga Chapter 886

Start reading here @ OPB

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
    1 is worst, 5 is best.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gujiss For This Useful Post:

FireAngeL  (Nov 10th '17)

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

4/5
    Not a superb chapter, but still hillarious, when Luffy saw Brulee.
    also Perospero and Big Mom moment lol

remember when Luffy can even walk after G4 when fought Doffy? Luffy can run now, and using G3
    that Amande girl is creepy.

aaaand no chapter next week

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

This chapter was hilarious. Katakuri with Robin's ability? Paramecia awakenings are crazy.
    Luffy jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire lol
    Amande is looking deadly, cutting that candy.
    G4 time limit getting expanded by an hour and a half+ Luffy being able to run and use G3 after exiting G4 is cool
    Sanji is giving BM that itis

1.Soul King Brook
    2.Roronoa Zoro
    3.Dracule Mihawk
    4. Vinsmoke Sanji
    5. Monkey D Luffy

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

So Amande is older than Brulee. I must say the former is too deadly.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I lol'd at Luffy's face when he saw Brulee and yelled her name then he called her branch afterwards... XD

Still, it bothers me that why did Luffy never use his block defense when he was attacked by Katakuri like he did when DD attacked him with athlete kick? Was it because plot armor?

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by ZoroXLee View Post
    This chapter was hilarious. Katakuri with Robin's ability? Paramecia awakenings are crazy.
    Luffy jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire lol
    Amande is looking deadly, cutting that candy.
    G4 time limit getting expanded by an hour and a half+ Luffy being able to run and use G3 after exiting G4 is cool
    Sanji is giving BM that itis
    Yeah, honestly, in a way Doffy had Robin's ability too, because he made that awesome string clone. Frankly, these are both better than Robin's ability because when Robin uses her ability, she puts her limbs at risk. The fact that she can spawn eyes and ears are good for espionage, but when she used clutch on sugar, sugar was able to turn her into a toy just by touching her spawned limbs. That's a major downside.

But I digress; this thread isn't about how stupid broken DF awakenings are.

It's about how awesome 855 was. Another 5 star from me. Good to know that Kata's CoO still comes out on top through G4. I still think a new haki prowess or a new G4 form that focuses more on speed to be faster than Kata's prediction time will win in the end. I love that look from Luffy to Brulee. Luffy's like "i need a way out, I need a way out, OH HELLO THERE." And Brulee's face is like "ummmm. hi?" Some perfect silent panels from Oda.

I agree with @ZoroXLee with out of the frying pan and into the fire. I don't see how Luffy can take Amande, and Pero, and presumably a raging BM because she seems to have focused on Strawhat at the very least, without Haki. My guess is the fucking Scooby Doo sequence that I predicted way back in "Bropper", i.e. Luffy with Brulee runs into the Mirror World to avoid BM, gets chased by Kata, and runs back out into Nuts Island to avoid Kata, then gets chased by BM, and so on. If that's what happens next chapter, I'm going to read it with the Benny Hill theme on. Let the hilarity commence.

The true potential of sweetness has me stiff in the pants. I'm totally waiting for that Newkama recipe reveal on that cream.

As a side comment on WCI as a whole, this is what good pacing looks like. There was a lot of build up to the Wedding party, but since then it's been explosive. There was never a stand still moment in the Luffy v. Kata fight, every fight scene progressing in different ways. Even with baking the cake, the exciting moments are the arrival of Oven and the barricade forces, and a chef nearly passing out just from trying the cream, and Sanji knowing the ingredients of the cake from one taste. Finishing the cake on the boat is risky because they make themselves vulnurable, but I know that Sanji doesn't want the Sunny to reach the barricade in ChocoTown, so he'd rather fight his way out, than make his crewmates fight their way in. I know I said this back when the blockade forces were first introduced, but getting this cake to BM was more action packed than just escaping WCI, because they had to fight their way through a blockade, and then turn around and fight their way back through the blockade. Idk what's going to happen, but I love that smoothie is here. I know about Sanji's woman policy, but maychance he might go vs. Smoothie? I don't think Luffy will be able to after Kata, unless the cake somehow restores him, and I don't know who else possibly could. Maybe Jinbe. Maybe. Either way, love this fucking arc

Quote Originally Posted by syaidsetio View Post
    Still, it bothers me that why did Luffy never use his block defense when he was attacked by Katakuri like he did when DD attacked him with athlete kick? Was it because plot armor?
    Cracker cut him while he was using that, so it isn't infallible. I think Kata's CoA is actually stronger than Luffy's, so that would explain it. There's gotta be a drawback to Haki that strong though. He can't be Cracker Level CoA, AND be able to see several seconds into the future indefinitely.
    Last edited by Milo; Nov 10th '17 at 12:54 PM.

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Yeah, honestly, in a way Doffy had Robin's ability too, because he made that awesome string clone. Frankly, these are both better than Robin's ability because when Robin uses her ability, she puts her limbs at risk. The fact that she can spawn eyes and ears are good for espionage, but when she used clutch on sugar, sugar was able to turn her into a toy just by touching her spawned limbs. That's a major downside.

But I digress; this thread isn't about how stupid broken DF awakenings are.

It's about how awesome 855 was. Another 5 star from me. Good to know that Kata's CoO still comes out on top through G4. I still think a new haki prowess or a new G4 form that focuses more on speed to be faster than Kata's prediction time will win in the end. I love that look from Luffy to Brulee. Luffy's like "i need a way out, I need a way out, OH HELLO THERE." And Brulee's face is like "ummmm. hi?" Some perfect silent panels from Oda.

I agree with @ZoroXLee with out of the frying pan and into the fire. I don't see how Luffy can take Amande, and Pero, and presumably a raging BM because she seems to have focused on Strawhat at the very least, without Haki. My guess is the fucking Scooby Doo sequence that I predicted way back in "Bropper", i.e. Luffy with Brulee runs into the Mirror World to avoid BM, gets chased by Kata, and runs back out into Nuts Island to avoid Kata, then gets chased by BM, and so on. If that's what happens next chapter, I'm going to read it with the Benny Hill theme on. Let the hilarity commence.

The true potential of sweetness has me stiff in the pants. I'm totally waiting for that Newkama recipe reveal on that cream.

As a side comment on WCI as a whole, this is what good pacing looks like. There was a lot of build up to the Wedding party, but since then it's been explosive. There was never a stand still moment in the Luffy v. Kata fight, every fight scene progressing in different ways. Even with baking the cake, the exciting moments are the arrival of Oven and the barricade forces, and a chef nearly passing out just from trying the cream, and Sanji knowing the ingredients of the cake from one taste. Finishing the cake on the boat is risky because they make themselves vulnurable, but I know that Sanji doesn't want the Sunny to reach the barricade in ChocoTown, so he'd rather fight his way out, than make his crewmates fight their way in. I know I said this back when the blockade forces were first introduced, but getting this cake to BM was more action packed than just escaping WCI, because they had to fight their way through a blockade, and then turn around and fight their way back through the blockade. Idk what's going to happen, but I love that smoothie is here. I know about Sanji's woman policy, but maychance he might go vs. Smoothie? I don't think Luffy will be able to after Kata, unless the cake somehow restores him, and I don't know who else possibly could. Maybe Jinbe. Maybe. Either way, love this fucking arc

Cracker cut him while he was using that, so it isn't infallible. I think Kata's CoA is actually stronger than Luffy's, so that would explain it. There's gotta be a drawback to Haki that strong though. He can't be Cracker Level CoA, AND be able to see several seconds into the future indefinitely.
    Robin going to need to pick up the pace lol With her awakening, I can see her sprouting out objects and being able to switch places with her clones, maybe even losing the pain transference. I can see her way of defending herself from somebody's punch is by sprouting out the face of whoever's attacking lol
    I just thought it would be cool if she became like a hydra. If she gets cut in half, both halves reform.
    Last edited by ZoroXLee; Nov 10th '17 at 01:50 PM.

1.Soul King Brook
    2.Roronoa Zoro
    3.Dracule Mihawk
    4. Vinsmoke Sanji
    5. Monkey D Luffy

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin navigator

I will start by saying the spoiler led me to believe the fight was over, that Luffy would run. I'm happy to see it is nowhere near over, Luffy is fully intending on returning to mirror world for another round!! I hope the Captain or Black Leg finishes the Mochi Master.

Now, this cover page was too much goodness. I will be using this for a bit on my sig, it's too grand. Except for poor dead Pedro being used as the crazy daughter, i feel bad he is gone.

Of course Luffy would go to nuts with Big Mom. I mean why not?!

It's great to see Luffy save himself during his time limit wipe out. Def improvement on his part, getting stronger all the time!

This chapter is everything. Too bad there's a break. This arc might just finish up by New Years on this pace! Hopefully

** Also. Sanji personal cream on the cake is too good!! Hilarious to see Pudding dreaming of Sanji cream
    You will fight like a real soldier fights. You will forget what Hollywood taught you. Ocelot

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by ZoroXLee View Post
    Robin going to need to pick up the pace lol With her awakening, I can see her sprouting out objects and being able to switch places with her clones, maybe even losing the pain transference. I can see her way of defending herself from somebody's punch is by sprouting out the face of whoever's attacking lol
    I just thought it would be cool if she became like a hydra. If she gets cut in half, both halves reform.
    Honestly, if she just learned base CoA, it would protect her from a lot. But CoO is definitely better for her spy skill set.

I CAN NOT STOP TWINKLING Super Croc's Avatar
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Fishman Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts doctor

>Running away, waiting for Haki and 4th Gear to come back.

Getting flashbacks to arguably the worst chapters in Dressrosa. At least no one is literally carrying Luffy this time. Let's hope this is a quick (or at least fun) transition.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast