Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

One Piece Chapter 887 Discussion and 888 Predictions

"Somewhere, Someone is wishing for your happiness"

One Piece Chapter 887 Discussion and 888 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga Chapter 887 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga Chapter 888

Start reading here @ OPB

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
    1 is worst, 5 is best.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Segata For This Useful Post:

FireAngeL  (Dec 1st '17), Outlaw  (Dec 1st '17), Overhaul  (Dec 1st '17)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Think Pound didn't die.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

Quote Originally Posted by FireAngeL View Post
    Think Pound didn't die.
    no he died. The slash was heard and Pez cried. Oven's bisento was bloody too. Pound is dead

I'll return to the usual questions after i sleep

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    no he died. The slash was heard and Pez cried. Oven's bisento was bloody too. Pound is dead

The only reason he wasn't visibly shown getting killed like Ace and Whitebeard.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Not quite the chapter I expected, but damn, it was still a pretty good one.

Seeing Sanji kick the cake up in the air isn't exactly a new feat, I'd say. We've seen him kick Wadatsumi. Granted, that's the strongest kick we've seen from him thus far, and this was with relative ease. Even Oven was shook.

I don't know why I was surprised that Bege's ship could also travel on land. It's so obvious, but Oda turned it into a surprise. I had to laugh when they ran over Oven, and it just said SQUISH

But of course, Oven wasn't done with so easily! I wouldn't expect anything else. His power was rather instantaneous, too. The sea boiled fast, and it had a really wide area of effect. Dude tanks pretty much every hit thrown at him. It's clear he's not the CoO master his brother is, though

Obviously the big event this chapter was Pound's death. And yeah, I'm assuming he's dead. It might hit harder when/if Chiffon learns of his sacrifice, only to know she'll never get to talk to him. And I just don't see how he'll come back from that, unless something weird and silly happens. It was a pretty emotional moment, too. I like how Oda built up to it. With that said, it did feel like filler material to just pad out a chapter.

Even so, now the body count of memorable characters is two in this arc, which is more than what we usually get. I like it. Oda is raising the stakes this arc for sure.

I wonder how Oven will get off the island, though, or if he'll just be stranded there. Obviously he arrived by ship(I think), so he can also leave by ship. But at the speed they're moving, I don't see him catching up. But I hope that's not the last we see of him, because how else will Chiffon tie the dots together, with Pound and herself? The people who saw him didn't know who he was, and casually mentioning that a large-headed man sacrificed himself for you in the middle of a huge battle seems unrealistic.

Because showing someone get their head severed probably crosses the line for Shonen Jump. There were no one there to save him. Now, of course, he could've just cut him across the back, but in the page before, you see where the blade is aimed. But never say never. Oda isn't one to kill off characters easily.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Senior Member AndrewtheAmericanDude's Avatar
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman entertainer

We didn't directly see Vergo explode either, nor Roger and Noland. That said it's ambiguous yea. I'd like it if Oda ended it there but after Pedro I suppose Oda earned one fake out

I like how Oven did the Kuzan thing of sticking his hands in the water and using his power, that was cool.

Nice Sanji feat.

Looks like stuff is going down next chapter.

Sweet Pound moment, also made Pez grow on me. And Capone's tank ship is dope.

5/5 chapter because it made me emotional lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    I had to laugh when they ran over Oven, and it just said SQUISH

I forgot about that
    Last edited by AndrewtheAmericanDude; Dec 1st '17 at 07:33 AM.

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts scientist

How many heat related fruit have we had so far?..

Only the Flesh of your enemies can heal the wounds of the Mind...

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Think Pound didn't die.
    Possible
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post

The bloody blade isn't the same as the one Oven was holding. At least it didn't look like it.

Might be Pedro's blade bloody with Oven's head
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

LOVE that Jolly Roger on the cover page for Ideo and Blue Gilly. This might be my second favorite fleet story so far, second to Barto. I honestly thought that they were building a ship so everyone could get off that island, but it looks like they just wanted a ship of their own that wasn't Orlumbus', and I think it's great that the new ship is made of parts of both limb tribes. Also, I really hope that the crews stranded on the island put their differences aside, working together to survive, and that these events do inspire a peace between the two groups. I think that would fit these pirates more, not directly ending the conflict, but still making such an impact that the long arms and the long legs join under the Strawhat flag (because every other story has the members of the fleet gaining territory; Cavendish having adoring fans, Barto occupying Yonko territory, and Sai already being the leader of a land).

Also love that Amphibious ship. Also, Bege pretty much confirmed that he has other cards to play that the BM pirates haven't seen. People didn't seem surprised by Big Father at the wedding, so maybe they had seen that before, but I'm really interested in a Bege fight now.

Also, Oven is a fucking tank. He got kicked into a wall, shot in the face with a hand cannon, and run over by a giant ship/tank. And he's still up and at em. It's like none of those things happened to him.

Oven's power is amazing. like Neko said, the speed at which the water boiled, and the area of effect. It reminds me of nuclear rods being dipped into the cooling section of the reactor. It instantly boils cold water. Not that this really matters to shonen logic, but his hands have to be at least several thousand degrees to do something like that.

RIP Pound. You knew you would die, but you saved your daughter and grandchild anyway. Side note, is Pez a CoO master? lol I want to see Lola now! (it's possible he's alive, but I wouldn't want it, just like I wouldn't want Pedro to be alive; these men knowingly sacrificed their lives for Bege and the Strawhats respectively, and I think if they were alive it would cheapen their sacrifice).

Operation "Put a Cake in her Mouth" is in its final phase! The cake is off Chocolate Island, and heading towards the Strawhats as the Strawhats bait Big Mom towards the cake. Even if she eats it though, it appears that everyone involved is still in a bind. The only thing I can think that will save them is that while BM is eating the cake, she accidentally eats that fleet that is following her, kind of like she at Carmel and the children when she was eating the Selma as a kid.

Next chapter might be a Sanji feature chapter, but I'm excited for Luffy v. Katakuri, as great as this chapter was.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhaul View Post
    The bloody blade isn't the same as the one Oven was holding. At least it didn't look like it.

Might be Pedro's blade bloody with Oven's head
    It's definitely Oven's blade. It has the same curvature and silver/black coloration. Pedro's blade on the other hand is a straight edge musketeer's blade, that is all silver.
    Last edited by Milo; Dec 1st '17 at 01:40 PM.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin navigator

I was up all night ugh, saw this scan at 3:30 am my time! (6 hours ago..)

Great issue!! I truly hope Sanji gets a decent fight or something besides this minor feat.. I need to see him KO someone!!

I like that the supernova team loves Sanji. Pound went out like a champ!!

I didn't like that Oven was using his power directly in the ocean.. but whatever it worked out great
    You will fight like a real soldier fights. You will forget what Hollywood taught you. Ocelot

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast