View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter from 1 to 5, 5 being the highest

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • *

    0 0%
  • **

    1 3.57%
  • ***

    1 3.57%
  • ****

    10 35.71%
  • ****

    16 57.14%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 92
  1. #1
    Senior Member Gujiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    245
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    1,351
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0


    One Piece Chapter 888 Discussion and 889 Predictions


    "Lion"

    One Piece Chapter 888 Discussion and 889 Predictions

    Discuss One Piece Manga Chapter 888 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga Chapter 889

    Start reading here @ OPB

    Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
    1 is worst, 5 is best.


  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gujiss For This Useful Post:

    FireAngeL  (Dec 8th '17), Gir  (Dec 8th '17), Overhaul  (Dec 9th '17)

  3. #2
    Senior Member Gujiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    245
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    1,351
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0


    feels like a short chapter somehow, but seeing Carrots adult form itself makes this chapter 5/5 for me




    Imagine Inuarashi and Nekomamushi in this Sulong form
    Last edited by Gujiss; Dec 8th '17 at 06:06 AM.

  4. #3
    Member Duck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    43
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    271
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0


    Really enjoyed this chapter, but I'm now just even more excited for the action to begun aha. Carrot's transformation kinda reminded me of Kumadori weirdly enough, particularly the one panel where she swings all her hair. Interestingly enough he was referred to as a lion too!

    Anyway, somehow my favorite moment from this chapter ended up being Chopper's moment of bad-assery declaring he was going to wreck up Daifuku's fleet, which we don't see from him often. I feel like we've really seen him mature a lot this arc from his escape of Brulee to now. Would have loved to have seen him really push himself in a serious situation (or for any of the the SHs), but it looks like we're still going to have to wait.

  5. #4
    Nekomamushi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Lillehammer!
    Posts
    25,139
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    49,257
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0


    Fuck. Yes!

    Okay, there's not that much to talk about here, but what little happened is very noteworthy.

    Katakuri was a straight up badass in this chapter, even proclaiming that Luffy is in awe of him, and wants to join the BM Pirates. It seems Luffy is solely relying on the possibility of a power up at this point. I really think it's going to happen. Still counting on that CoC power up! But as it stands, Luffy isn't able to land any punches again. But I'm not sure if much ha changed for Katakuri, either. He had a hard time landing punches earlier in the fight, too. Basically, it's a stalemate where Luffy is losing, if that makes any sense

    Carrot's power up was AWESOME! She's going head-on without any worries. Imagine how strong the Zou warriors are as a group if all the Musketeers plus Neko and Inu can do this, too. I've said earlier that if those two can do it, they might be Admiral/Yonko level in strength, but obviously for a short period of time. With that said, now that it's confirmed how powerful they can actually be, once they actually use it, something will probably happen that either cuts the duration of their power up short, or they're not able to use it at all. Even for a Yonko crew, I think this would be too much to handle, especially if the entire alliance is there, plus the WB remnants.

    Alright, so Carrot is attacking the entire fleet with no worries. Is that her being overconfident, or do you think she can actually fight all of them? Also, something noteworthy is that he has full control over her powers. She's not like an awakened Zoan.

    - All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

  6. #5
    Senior Member Gujiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    245
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    1,351
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    Fuck. Yes!

    Okay, there's not that much to talk about here, but what little happened is very noteworthy.

    Katakuri was a straight up badass in this chapter, even proclaiming that Luffy is in awe of him, and wants to join the BM Pirates. It seems Luffy is solely relying on the possibility of a power up at this point. I really think it's going to happen. Still counting on that CoC power up! But as it stands, Luffy isn't able to land any punches again. But I'm not sure if much ha changed for Katakuri, either. He had a hard time landing punches earlier in the fight, too. Basically, it's a stalemate where Luffy is losing, if that makes any sense

    Carrot's power up was AWESOME! She's going head-on without any worries. Imagine how strong the Zou warriors are as a group if all the Musketeers plus Neko and Inu can do this, too. I've said earlier that if those two can do it, they might be Admiral/Yonko level in strength, but obviously for a short period of time. With that said, now that it's confirmed how powerful they can actually be, once they actually use it, something will probably happen that either cuts the duration of their power up short, or they're not able to use it at all. Even for a Yonko crew, I think this would be too much to handle, especially if the entire alliance is there, plus the WB remnants.

    Alright, so Carrot is attacking the entire fleet with no worries. Is that her being overconfident, or do you think she can actually fight all of them? Also, something noteworthy is that he has full control over her powers. She's not like an awakened Zoan.
    Thats why Oda (Jack) nerf Inu and Neko early

  7. #6
    Senior Member AndrewtheAmericanDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Numa Numa no mi swamp
    Posts
    14,257
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    1,896
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    marksman entertainer


    Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    Fuck. Yes!

    Okay, there's not that much to talk about here, but what little happened is very noteworthy.

    Katakuri was a straight up badass in this chapter, even proclaiming that Luffy is in awe of him, and wants to join the BM Pirates. It seems Luffy is solely relying on the possibility of a power up at this point. I really think it's going to happen. Still counting on that CoC power up! But as it stands, Luffy isn't able to land any punches again. But I'm not sure if much ha changed for Katakuri, either. He had a hard time landing punches earlier in the fight, too. Basically, it's a stalemate where Luffy is losing, if that makes any sense

    Carrot's power up was AWESOME! She's going head-on without any worries. Imagine how strong the Zou warriors are as a group if all the Musketeers plus Neko and Inu can do this, too. I've said earlier that if those two can do it, they might be Admiral/Yonko level in strength, but obviously for a short period of time. With that said, now that it's confirmed how powerful they can actually be, once they actually use it, something will probably happen that either cuts the duration of their power up short, or they're not able to use it at all. Even for a Yonko crew, I think this would be too much to handle, especially if the entire alliance is there, plus the WB remnants.

    Alright, so Carrot is attacking the entire fleet with no worries. Is that her being overconfident, or do you think she can actually fight all of them? Also, something noteworthy is that he has full control over her powers. She's not like an awakened Zoan.
    She's so mobile that, as demonstrated by this chapter, I don't think she needs to fight all of them lol. Personally I'm hoping she'll fly back around and divekick Perospero off of Big Mom lol.

    Big Mom has a cool design, but it's admittedly cool to see her appear to burn the fat, I'm really curious as to how that goes. I hope Oda doesn't make her physically less powerful and maybe even boosts her. I don't think she'll get weaker as she's always been born strong and she was still rising in power when slimmer.

    but HECK YEA! Carrot is a boss!! I already thought she was good, but now she's even better! I want to see more of what she can do. Carrot v. Perospero PLZ! Really glad Oda's been upping the female designs this arc, it's great. I hope he keeps it up in other arcs. I know this might be a stretch, but I hope that maybe Carrot could one day learn how to activate the transformation by herself like how other characters have figured out their power ups better. I know that'd beg the question as to why Zou didn't do that against Jack tho, but screw it it'd be cool. Speaking of Zou, duuuudes Inu and Neko are going to be legendary with this. Like 2 Katakuri's or something lol.

    Now that Daifuku's adrift, there's no telling where he'll end up, maybe somewhere like Sanji's path?

    Excited to see how Luffy has to think when facing Katakuri too.

    Spoiler!

  8. #7
    Senior Member govil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    376
    Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    56
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    swordsman scientist


    nice chapter

  9. #8
    Senior Member SniperKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,984
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    58,635
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0


    The transformed Carrot looks pretty cool. I thought that the minks would go pre-TS monster Chopper mode while tramsforming, but apparently this is something that they can learn to control via training. It could still happen against Kaido, since it is quite likely that not all of them can control it. Anyway, BM pirates were crapping their pants at thr sight of only one transformed mink, so I wonder what a big bunch of them can do

  10. #9
    Senior Member AndrewtheAmericanDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Numa Numa no mi swamp
    Posts
    14,257
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    1,896
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    marksman entertainer


    Quote Originally Posted by SniperKing View Post
    The transformed Carrot looks pretty cool. I thought that the minks would go pre-TS monster Chopper mode while tramsforming, but apparently this is something that they can learn to control via training. It could still happen against Kaido, since it is quite likely that not all of them can control it. Anyway, BM pirates were crapping their pants at thr sight of only one transformed mink, so I wonder what a big bunch of them can do
    As Pedro said, Carrot is stronger than the average fighter, just so she gets the rep But yeah, based on the foreshadowing of Inu, people have pointed out that the Kaido confrontation is likely to happen a month from now in-universe.

    Spoiler!

  11. #10
    Nekomamushi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Lillehammer!
    Posts
    25,139
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    49,257
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Gujiss View Post
    Thats why Oda (Jack) nerf Inu and Neko early
    I'm honestly not sure if they're that nerfed There are examples of people missing limbs in OP that are, for lack of a better word, OP.

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewtheAmericanDude View Post
    She's so mobile that, as demonstrated by this chapter, I don't think she needs to fight all of them lol. Personally I'm hoping she'll fly back around and divekick Perospero off of Big Mom lol.

    Big Mom has a cool design, but it's admittedly cool to see her appear to burn the fat, I'm really curious as to how that goes. I hope Oda doesn't make her physically less powerful and maybe even boosts her. I don't think she'll get weaker as she's always been born strong and she was still rising in power when slimmer.

    but HECK YEA! Carrot is a boss!! I already thought she was good, but now she's even better! I want to see more of what she can do. Carrot v. Perospero PLZ! Really glad Oda's been upping the female designs this arc, it's great. I hope he keeps it up in other arcs. I know this might be a stretch, but I hope that maybe Carrot could one day learn how to activate the transformation by herself like how other characters have figured out their power ups better. I know that'd beg the question as to why Zou didn't do that against Jack tho, but screw it it'd be cool. Speaking of Zou, duuuudes Inu and Neko are going to be legendary with this. Like 2 Katakuri's or something lol.

    Now that Daifuku's adrift, there's no telling where he'll end up, maybe somewhere like Sanji's path?

    Excited to see how Luffy has to think when facing Katakuri too.
    Of course she doesn't, but she seems to have supreme confidence in her abilities

    So she had slimmed down! I thought she looked thinner. Checking the chapter again now, and I see Perospero points it out, as well. Yeah, she went from a fat child to a slim adult to a fat old lady. There's really no telling if it has any effect on her powers. It might not change anything. Then again, it can have a positive effect for her. But apparently she's also slowing down. I don't really know how she's slowing down, since Perospero is the one controlling the candy slug.

    Yeah, she's most definitely capable of defeating Perospero in this form, that's for sure. I don't see her mastering this ability to the point where she can use it all the time, though. If anything, she just has to improve her own strength, not just the monthly power up. But maybe some kind of gadget can be made that makes her turn whenever she wants. I wonder what the downside for it would be, though. Because right now, the downside is they can only use it once a month.

    - All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •