Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Haki: Level 2 and Beyond

Hiya! As we are lacking a bit in topics to discuss lately, I had the brilliant idea to create a brand spanking new Haki thread, which will focus on what the next steps in Haki are.

I'll bring up some possible new abilities, but I don't really have anything clever at this point, just some possibly obvious stuff.

Observation Haki:

Frankly, I think we've seen the next step in CoO with Katakuri. The ability to see into the future is a big power up. But that's only one side of CoO, the predicting one. Is there a possibility of more stuff to add for the sensory type? Perhaps being able to pinpoint weak spots in an opponent is one. Or like when Sabo broke the arena in the Colosseum, he was able to hit it directly at its weak spot. But it's never been confirmed if that's CoO related or just him being skilled.

Maybe concealment, where you can become undetectable? This would be like the opposite of CoO, obviously. But CoO itself eliminates stuff like assassination stuff, so I wouldn't mind. And we've seen that the Minks have been able to keep their presence unknown.

Armament Haki:

Honestly, I don't have any good guesses of what the next level of CoA is. Maybe like a shield, like what we saw the Admirals use against WB's attack.

King's Haki:

This one seems fairly simple, which is that it becomes destructive. But that might not be its next level. Perhaps mind control But that seems a bit too silly.

Alright, those are my ideas for what's next. Share yours

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nekomamushi For This Useful Post:

ZoroXLee  (Dec 19th '17)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

CoO:
    Aura ability- Sense emotions, good/evil intent, health and power level
    Prediction-exactly that, but different levels like seeing 5seconds or 10seconds into the future
    CoA:
    Create an aura to use as a weapon, although it kinda defeats the purpose of named swords. now that I think about it, it could be like Frogfu from Naruto. Swing a sword, but miss, but an invisible aura sword or two connects.
    It will most likely just have different levels that can only be gauged by two opponents fighting.
    CoC:
    Other than dropping fodder lol, it could destroy an opponent's focus and destroy surroundings.
    Last edited by ZoroXLee; Dec 19th '17 at 11:09 PM.

1.Soul King Brook
    2.Roronoa Zoro
    3.Dracule Mihawk
    4. Vinsmoke Sanji
    5. Monkey D Luffy

Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts scientist

Firstly I believe that haki can taki different shapes in special cases, but overall I believe that the progression is the same.
    Observation is split between prediction and awareness
    The next level of prediction I would assume would be future sight like Katakuri while the next level of awareness could be simply how thorough or the range in which one can percieve.

Armament imo simply gets harder and harder covering more and more of the body. What Katakuri was doing imo was his haki exerting so much power that it effected the mochi of his df hardening it as well.

In other words I believe armament van be mixed with the power of dfs, but it takes much more power to do so. This form isn't more powerful then let's say Zoro or Mihawk's black blades, but it imo combining armament with df can provide unique improvements like G4's rubber haki, or Block Mochi making the arm completely solid attaining a hardness that can even be felt through Luffy's own standard haki and rubber powers.

As for CoC....i mostly see it like spiritual pressure from bleach CoC can knock ppl out, exert pressure within an area, and upon clashing with another haki it causes chaotic phenomenon that seems to almost depict the world's resistance to two God's clashing
    Commander
    Saya | 6.1 | Calamity's Rebirth | Travel Log | ??? XP | ??? Gold

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by ZoroXLee View Post
    CoO:
    Aura ability- Sense emotions, good/evil intent, health and power level
    Prediction-exactly that, but different levels like seeing 5seconds or 10seconds into the future
    CoA:
    Create an aura to use as a weapon, although it kinda defeats the purpose of named swords. now that I think about it, it could be like Frogfu from Naruto. Swing a sword, but miss, but an invisible aura sword or two connects.
    It will most likely just have different levels that can only be gauged by two opponents fighting.
    CoC:
    Other than dropping fodder lol, it could destroy an opponent's focus and destroy surroundings.
    Someone's emotions and/or intent can already be sensed, as Luffy sensed Caribou's presence. Or Zoro and Sanji sensed Vergo.
    Yeah, the prediction side of things is possible. Like Shyarly, she has premonitions of the future long before it happens. But I don't know how valuable increasing the time you can see ahead helps in battle, especially seeing as long as you interact with the future you see, it gets disrupted.

Maybe you can expand the possible futures you see.

Yeah, I can see the aura thing happening. I've had a theory for years now that Shanks will fight with like an invisible arm, and that'd be hype.

But perhaps aura is the evolution of Haki. Manifesting it in some way, like Zoro with his demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Inari View Post
    Firstly I believe that haki can taki different shapes in special cases, but overall I believe that the progression is the same.
    Observation is split between prediction and awareness
    The next level of prediction I would assume would be future sight like Katakuri while the next level of awareness could be simply how thorough or the range in which one can percieve.

Armament imo simply gets harder and harder covering more and more of the body. What Katakuri was doing imo was his haki exerting so much power that it effected the mochi of his df hardening it as well.

In other words I believe armament van be mixed with the power of dfs, but it takes much more power to do so. This form isn't more powerful then let's say Zoro or Mihawk's black blades, but it imo combining armament with df can provide unique improvements like G4's rubber haki, or Block Mochi making the arm completely solid attaining a hardness that can even be felt through Luffy's own standard haki and rubber powers.

As for CoC....i mostly see it like spiritual pressure from bleach CoC can knock ppl out, exert pressure within an area, and upon clashing with another haki it causes chaotic phenomenon that seems to almost depict the world's resistance to two God's clashing
    Expansion of awareness makes sense, but it seems more like a natural increase in your abilities, and not this second level kind of stuff. Then again, that would be true for all things pertaining CoO, it seems. Either way, I do agree. Rayleigh was able to sense all beings on an entire island, after all.

Weaker Haki users have been able to cover their entire body with CoC, and that really just comes down to the amount you use, it seems. I do kind of agree with the Katakuri stuff. It seemed like his mochi condensed because of the Haki, turning it into his Block Mochi.

Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

or limb replacement with CoA. WB said that shanks didn't lose any power from his lost arm. Maybe he can make a CoA arm... That would be Dope.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

King Haki, I can imagine something like Big Mom banshee scream did. That would be quite dope, it could work as some sort of shield. And we've seen something similar with Luffy. When he used it in the war, it blew away everyone near him.

No idea for armament haki, but some sort of shield or barrier could be the next level. Something like what Rayleigh used on the elephant, or Sentoumaru used to repel Luffy's hits.

As for Observation, I think we've seen the next level. Seeing into the future looks quite the good powerup, if you combine it with enough speed to dodge hits. Then we have a huge boost in the sensory field too, being able to sense emotions of everyone around you and seeing people's auras.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Haoshoku no Haki: Overpower the laws of nature, to some extent, space-time, for 1 or 2 seconds, like the foreshadowing, or manipulate the nature itself with your willpower, like awakening a devil fruit, but more epic. I'm talking obviously about God-like CoC, Luffy EoS as Pirate king.

Busoshoku no Haki: I always defended the force shield application of armament, like with CoO, it would be cool to have two flavors, the hardening, until it reaches the maximum hardness possible, and the force shield and its range, like a bubble or "room" you have to overpower to pass, and it can be used to attack, like Barto's walls, or some kind of reflect impact.

Kenbunshoku no Haki: I think its pretty obvious we have seen its two modes, range/acuracy, and intensity, Fujitora is a fine example of someone that can pretty much "see" everything he wants, including emotions and feelings, at some level, if I'm not mistaken, and then we have Katakuri, with his I assume, less broad, and more straightforward application, to the point of seeing a second or two into the future if he focuses enough on that specific thing.

@Overhaul
    Do you think Sanji's CoO performance in Punk Hazard, when he sensed from afar Tashigi crying, can count as him beginning to have that "ultra" awareness? To the point of even have a perception of people's feelings and emotions? It would suit him, this year of Sanji took a lot of time to explain how kind he is, and how he puts everybody elses feelings before his own.

Senior Member AndrewtheAmericanDude's Avatar
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman entertainer

As others have addressed, I think Sentomaru is using a separate branch of armament that works kind of like a force push. I think that might also be what the admirals used.

Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I think (hope) that as the story progresses, we see more of an individualization of Haki. Naturally I think a big part of that will come out of which type is favored by the user, but for example I think maybe things like looking into the future (Kata) and sensing one's emotions (Sanji) are how each of their haki has developed due to their intents and personalities. At the same time though there are basic areas that are covered by everyone with this type of haki, like movement predictions and sensing one's aura. For Usopp perhaps something like a lie detector will emerge out of his CoO enhacement?

At the same time we have CoA, with hardening being the central idea of its usage. Then we have Katakuri who has used it to harden/change the shape of his arms, and we've also seen it being used more as a wave, which could just be another "path" of progression I suppose. We've also continue to see it affect the physical properties of one's body when Luffy uses G4, so maybe that isn't as special as I think, and might be the next level of CoA. For individualization here I'm not really sure, because I think CoA isn't as clear as sensing one's aura. If it's something like protecting one's aura, then even still I'm not too sure who that could be expressed.

For CoC, I think individualization here makes the most sense, especially if we consider this a projection of one's aura, since naturally everyone projects differently. In it's base/raw form, it just comes out as a shock wave. In a stronger state, it damages the physical matter around it. In it's most advanced/controlled state, the energy/"wave" can be manipulated even more.

Now thinking about it, I'm not sure how much of this post was really looking at levels so much as it was a post for my ideas aha, but I think that as we get further in the story the levels of Haki will start to become a bit more hazy, although we will still see remaining benchmarks like hardening, predicting one's movements, etc.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Duck View Post
    I think (hope) that as the story progresses, we see more of an individualization of Haki. Naturally I think a big part of that will come out of which type is favored by the user, but for example I think maybe things like looking into the future (Kata) and sensing one's emotions (Sanji) are how each of their haki has developed due to their intents and personalities. At the same time though there are basic areas that are covered by everyone with this type of haki, like movement predictions and sensing one's aura. For Usopp perhaps something like a lie detector will emerge out of his CoO enhacement?

At the same time we have CoA, with hardening being the central idea of its usage. Then we have Katakuri who has used it to harden/change the shape of his arms, and we've also seen it being used more as a wave, which could just be another "path" of progression I suppose. We've also continue to see it affect the physical properties of one's body when Luffy uses G4, so maybe that isn't as special as I think, and might be the next level of CoA. For individualization here I'm not really sure, because I think CoA isn't as clear as sensing one's aura. If it's something like protecting one's aura, then even still I'm not too sure who that could be expressed.

For CoC, I think individualization here makes the most sense, especially if we consider this a projection of one's aura, since naturally everyone projects differently. In it's base/raw form, it just comes out as a shock wave. In a stronger state, it damages the physical matter around it. In it's most advanced/controlled state, the energy/"wave" can be manipulated even more.

Now thinking about it, I'm not sure how much of this post was really looking at levels so much as it was a post for my ideas aha, but I think that as we get further in the story the levels of Haki will start to become a bit more hazy, although we will still see remaining benchmarks like hardening, predicting one's movements, etc.
    Hmmm, I don't know about it being unique to the individual. For one, that'd give Oda even more to have to create. But it's not like he's not up to the task. But from what we've seen so far, what Katakuri is doing is only a more potent version of how Luffy dodges attacks at times.

If Haki were to be more individual, CoA is definitely where I see it could happen, or CoC. Since we've seen Zoro use more demon-like aura and such, and many speculate it has to do with Haki. Personally, I don't think so, because that means he had some pretty epic CoA abilities so early. But maybe the two can be mixed, like how Luffy enhances his DF with Haki.

Spoiler!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast