Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Who is "the greatest enemy ever"?

Hi everybody! I'd like to touch a subject that has been touched before in the past, but it shall be touched again because it's okay to touch things over and over again
    @Stein brought to us Oda's interview at Jump's festa in this thread:
    https://www.opbforums.com/forums/sho...-s-coming-next!

In which Oda said that he was going to "introduce one of the legends which lurks in the One Piece World. The greatest enemy ever for Straw Hats will hinder their way. Perhaps it will be something related to Whitebeard". And "that" will bring a war which will make "Marineford War look cute" compared.

Who could it be? Some guesses were thrown in said thread, but I'd like to expand more on it.

What we know about this threat:
    - a legend of OP World
    - greatest enemy (probably very strong, stronger than Doflamingo. Not counting Big Mom because all the Straw Hats aren't directly facing her)
    - related to Whitebeard
    - still to be introduced
    - possibly on the Reverie, or Wano?

So, he'll be introduced, meaning that this rules out enemies like Kaido, Blackbeard and even Weevil, who have been introduced already and are evidently strong enough to be the greatest enemy after Doflamingo.

I leave the question: Who could it be? I'll leave a couple of options in the poll:
    - New Admiral (Green Bull)
    - Whitebeard former 2nd captain
    - Someone from Whitebeard former crew
    - The Shogun of Wano
    - His real son??
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Overhaul For This Useful Post:

Min  (Jan 15th '18)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

@Ratchet would be a formidable foe for anyone, but I think even he can't cross this barrier. Real world to fiction, that is. But who knows?

It's kind of hard to say who it will be. Will it just be one guy, or someone with subordinates, whether it be Marines or Pirates? Because if it's a single person, he has to be insanely strong. That'd be your Yonko or Marine. But obviously they roll with crews, too, yo.

I like the idea of it being Green Bull. So far, out of the Admirals we've seen, two have been kind/given the SHs a break, i.e. Aokiji and Fujitora. Kizaru has no fucks to give, and Akainu wants nothing more than to see Luffy dead, in fear of what he can become.

But Green Bull isn't an established character. We know really nothing about him. Given his epithet, one would think that once he has a target, he won't stop until he hits it.

I really like the idea of it being a previous 1st Mate of WB. But then again, I'm actually wondering if Kaido might be WB's 1st Mate Just an interesting thought. Might be a theory.

It makes sense that it's the Shogun, though. Only, if that's the case, that means Kaido won't be on Wano, which I don't mind.

In conclusion It depends on where the story goes. If the crew ends up going to the Reverie, I'll say Green Bull. If they end up going to Wano, I'll say the Shogun. For the sake of just choosing, I'm picking the Shogun.

But Oda only said we'll meet him, I don't think he said the SHs will meet him. Meaning, he might be introduced the same Weevil was introduced, and he won't have any importance in the story for some time.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    @Ratchet would be a formidable foe for anyone, but I think even he can't cross this barrier. Real world to fiction, that is. But who knows?

It's kind of hard to say who it will be. Will it just be one guy, or someone with subordinates, whether it be Marines or Pirates? Because if it's a single person, he has to be insanely strong. That'd be your Yonko or Marine. But obviously they roll with crews, too, yo.

I like the idea of it being Green Bull. So far, out of the Admirals we've seen, two have been kind/given the SHs a break, i.e. Aokiji and Fujitora. Kizaru has no fucks to give, and Akainu wants nothing more than to see Luffy dead, in fear of what he can become.

But Green Bull isn't an established character. We know really nothing about him. Given his epithet, one would think that once he has a target, he won't stop until he hits it.

I really like the idea of it being a previous 1st Mate of WB. But then again, I'm actually wondering if Kaido might be WB's 1st Mate Just an interesting thought. Might be a theory.

It makes sense that it's the Shogun, though. Only, if that's the case, that means Kaido won't be on Wano, which I don't mind.

In conclusion It depends on where the story goes. If the crew ends up going to the Reverie, I'll say Green Bull. If they end up going to Wano, I'll say the Shogun. For the sake of just choosing, I'm picking the Shogun.

But Oda only said we'll meet him, I don't think he said the SHs will meet him. Meaning, he might be introduced the same Weevil was introduced, and he won't have any importance in the story for some time.
    Isn't Weeble by himself (relatively?). I know he has his mom but she doesn't seem very strong.

I really like the idea of Green Bull being a woman, but that's a little besides the point. In regards to what you said, I like the thing about "no stopping until they hit the target" because monkey, dog, and pheasant inform us of the three old admirals, so I can only imagine that bull will inform us of this new admiral, and that seems bullish.

But, I also really like the idea of the Shogun being a legend we've heard of that hasn't been introduced yet. I agree that I would like Wano better sans-Kaido, so I think this is probably where I'd put my money.

But on another note, I love these kind of teases from Oda. He knows just enough to tell us to not give it away, but still send the fan base into a speculation frenzy. Everyone is like "what legend do we know that hasn't been introduced???" There's enough to make it a challenge, but still has to be someone rumored in the story so far.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Yeah, bulls and dogs have that kind of personality. They fix on a target and never let go. That makes me think it can be Green Bull, because what greatest threat than an Admiral? Issho was going easy on Luffy, but Green Bull wouldn't. For Green Bull to be the enemy, maybe after the Reverie he would chase them? Or he could show up in Wano? Having the Shogun + Green Bull + Beast Pirates could definitely be the biggest challenge the Straw Hats + Samurais + Supernovas + Minks could face.

Now now, I wouldn't call it a theory. A professor once told me you need evidence and all that jazz to be a theory, else it's just a wish

I said 2nd captain of Whitebeard Pirates division because that position was empty until Ace came along then there's also the option of him being one of Whitebeard's nakamas before he was Captain Whitebeard of the Whitebeard Pirates

I wouldn't mind Kaido not being Wano's opponent either. It would also give Luffy and the Straw Hats more time to grow in strength before facing him.

Oda said that this enemy will hinder their way, I don't think he can hinder their way if he's not in their way

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Isn't Weeble by himself (relatively?). I know he has his mom but she doesn't seem very strong.

I really like the idea of Green Bull being a woman, but that's a little besides the point. In regards to what you said, I like the thing about "no stopping until they hit the target" because monkey, dog, and pheasant inform us of the three old admirals, so I can only imagine that bull will inform us of this new admiral, and that seems bullish.

But, I also really like the idea of the Shogun being a legend we've heard of that hasn't been introduced yet. I agree that I would like Wano better sans-Kaido, so I think this is probably where I'd put my money.

But on another note, I love these kind of teases from Oda. He knows just enough to tell us to not give it away, but still send the fan base into a speculation frenzy. Everyone is like "what legend do we know that hasn't been introduced???" There's enough to make it a challenge, but still has to be someone rumored in the story so far.
    True, but he's already been introduced to us, so I'm personally counting him out. Oda is setting him up for something, though, obviously. And i think he's someone that Luffy would have to go to extremes to defeat. And it'd be funny to see Luffy fight someone dumber than him for a change But I also see him as a very likely ally. He's not evil, even if it is in his name. He's being manipulated by his mother.

I like the idea of a female Admiral, but not Green Bull, because bull is male!! But apparently the term used in Japan is unisex. So it's possible it's a woman, which would be interesting. Yeah, I think it'd be fitting as far as personality goes. Or just a trait, I guess.

Mm, definitely. I feel like Wano will be steeped in history and lore, and if Kaido is the main antagonist of the arc, I think Wano will just become the backdrop. Like how Whole Cake is now. It's obviously a great place, with many interesting facets to it, but we aren't getting any history about it. And Oda has said multiple times that Wano is the arc he's looking forward to the most.

Oda's a master at storytelling

Quote Originally Posted by Overhaul View Post
    Yeah, bulls and dogs have that kind of personality. They fix on a target and never let go. That makes me think it can be Green Bull, because what greatest threat than an Admiral? Issho was going easy on Luffy, but Green Bull wouldn't. For Green Bull to be the enemy, maybe after the Reverie he would chase them? Or he could show up in Wano? Having the Shogun + Green Bull + Beast Pirates could definitely be the biggest challenge the Straw Hats + Samurais + Supernovas + Minks could face.

Now now, I wouldn't call it a theory. A professor once told me you need evidence and all that jazz to be a theory, else it's just a wish

I said 2nd captain of Whitebeard Pirates division because that position was empty until Ace came along then there's also the option of him being one of Whitebeard's nakamas before he was Captain Whitebeard of the Whitebeard Pirates

I wouldn't mind Kaido not being Wano's opponent either. It would also give Luffy and the Straw Hats more time to grow in strength before facing him.

Oda said that this enemy will hinder their way, I don't think he can hinder their way if he's not in their way
    Imo, I think it'd be too crowded, but it could be just absolutely insane. But like I said to Milo, I want it to focus more on the history and people of Wano. But that's just what I personally want.

Behave

Aye, and I said previous 1st Mate. Got a problem with that?! But yeah, that's a possibility I didn't think of. The one Ace took over for? Not sure what threat he can pose, though, since it was somewhat recent. But growth in power in OP is erratic, so it's possible. Mm, also possible. But I don't know, seems less unlikely

Aye, we're on the same page Exactly. If they can grow however much stronger during that arc, it'd make sense. Many of he SHs need to get stronger, or they'll get slaughtered.

Oh, that's what he said? But did he say he will hinder their way in 2018? Hahaha. But alright, then they'll face him. But if he's a hindrance, I doubt it's Kaido, because he's a destination. I'm overanalyzing now.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Well the author's intent IS evidence, but I still would classify this as open speculation as opposed to theorizing :P

Yah, that's why I wouldn't want to see Kaido in Wano. WCI has made it clear that the Strawhats are not ready to face a Yonko crew. Luffy needs to easily be stronger than people like Katakuri, Zoro and Sanji need to approach Luffy's current level, and every one other than Brook and Franky need to step it up a notch (maybe Nami too). Having Carrot and Jinbe will certainly help, but both of them need to get stronger too. I suppose if Jinbe can tank and counter attack a Yonko, he's at least on par with someone like Zoro, but as Zoro needs to get stronger, so does Jinbe.

Wano would certainly give them a chance to do that. Plus, I really want someone to MAKE a sword for Zoro, or at the very least for him to get a new sword of a higher grade, which could also be something that the Samurai country could do. Isn't Shusui referred to as the "treasure of Wano?" Perhaps someone in Wano will challenge Zoro to a sword fight demanding that sword, and Zoro wins a new sword from the confrontation?

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

True, but he's already been introduced to us, so I'm personally counting him out. Oda is setting him up for something, though, obviously. And i think he's someone that Luffy would have to go to extremes to defeat. And it'd be funny to see Luffy fight someone dumber than him for a change But I also see him as a very likely ally. He's not evil, even if it is in his name. He's being manipulated by his mother.

I like the idea of a female Admiral, but not Green Bull, because bull is male!! But apparently the term used in Japan is unisex. So it's possible it's a woman, which would be interesting. Yeah, I think it'd be fitting as far as personality goes. Or just a trait, I guess.

Mm, definitely. I feel like Wano will be steeped in history and lore, and if Kaido is the main antagonist of the arc, I think Wano will just become the backdrop. Like how Whole Cake is now. It's obviously a great place, with many interesting facets to it, but we aren't getting any history about it. And Oda has said multiple times that Wano is the arc he's looking forward to the most.

Oda's a master at storytelling

Imo, I think it'd be too crowded, but it could be just absolutely insane. But like I said to Milo, I want it to focus more on the history and people of Wano. But that's just what I personally want.

Behave

Aye, and I said previous 1st Mate. Got a problem with that?! But yeah, that's a possibility I didn't think of. The one Ace took over for? Not sure what threat he can pose, though, since it was somewhat recent. But growth in power in OP is erratic, so it's possible. Mm, also possible. But I don't know, seems less unlikely

Aye, we're on the same page Exactly. If they can grow however much stronger during that arc, it'd make sense. Many of he SHs need to get stronger, or they'll get slaughtered.

Oh, that's what he said? But did he say he will hinder their way in 2018? Hahaha. But alright, then they'll face him. But if he's a hindrance, I doubt it's Kaido, because he's a destination. I'm overanalyzing now.
    Yeah we don't want another Dressrosa it could be handled better tho. Maybe Green Bull shows up at the end? Would make sense if the marines try to get a slice of the cake

I know, but what if there was never a previous 1st mate other than Marco? well, he could be a rogue, leaving the crew because of divergences with Whitebeard or something else. He could even come from way back, be Whitebeard's Rayleigh. We can't also forget that Blackbeard was also in his crew and he's one of the Yonko now.

True. Plus, if Samurais + Minks + WB + SH + Supernovas all fight the Shogun and Kaido forces, it still feels like too much for the bad guys. So maybe it'll be split. Samurais plus some of the minks and SH fight the Shogun and whatever forces Kaido has in Wano, then the SH release Kid and the WB pirates join in to fight Beast pirates

Yes it could be just someone who stands on their way before they reach Wano aka Green Bull, or just a small step they have to overcome before getting to Kaido aka the Shogun.

Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts scientist

Hi everybody! I'd like to touch a subject that has been touched before in the past, but it shall be touched again because it's okay to touch things over and over again
    @Stein brought to us Oda's interview at Jump's festa in this thread:
    https://www.opbforums.com/forums/sho...-s-coming-next!

In which Oda said that he was going to "introduce one of the legends which lurks in the One Piece World. The greatest enemy ever for Straw Hats will hinder their way. Perhaps it will be something related to Whitebeard". And "that" will bring a war which will make "Marineford War look cute" compared.

Who could it be? Some guesses were thrown in said thread, but I'd like to expand more on it.

What we know about this threat:
    - a legend of OP World
    - greatest enemy (probably very strong, stronger than Doflamingo. Not counting Big Mom because all the Straw Hats aren't directly facing her)
    - related to Whitebeard
    - still to be introduced
    - possibly on the Reverie, or Wano?

So, he'll be introduced, meaning that this rules out enemies like Kaido, Blackbeard and even Weevil, who have been introduced already and are evidently strong enough to be the greatest enemy after Doflamingo.

I leave the question: Who could it be? I'll leave a couple of options in the poll:
    - New Admiral (Green Bull)
    - Whitebeard former 2nd captain
    - Someone from Whitebeard former crew
    - The Shogun of Wano
    - His real son??
    My bet is that they are related to Wano. From what i remember didn't Nekomamushi and Inuarashi sail on Whitebeard's ship? So maybe the enemy is someone that they know? Possibly the current shogun or the guy who took over Momo's dad's position as a Daimyo
    Commander
    Saya | 6.1 | Calamity's Rebirth | Travel Log | ??? XP | ??? Gold

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Fishman Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts doctor

Mecha Sir Crocodile

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Word 'ever' is used. So I don't think its just after Doflamingo. It's the greatest enemy SHs will face in their lifetimes.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast