Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

One Piece Chapter 891 Discussion and 892 Predictions

"Believing In Me"

One Piece Chapter 891 Discussion and 892 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga Chapter 891 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga Chapter 892

Start reading here @ OPB

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
    1 is worst, 5 is best.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Segata For This Useful Post:

FireAngeL  (Jan 12th '18), Outlaw  (Jan 14th '18), Overhaul  (Jan 13th '18)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Break next week

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

this was a good chapter, but finding out Pudding is younger than 15 is sus, unless Oda is messing up the ages or something.
    That Elephant Block Mochi looks cool.

Why must we be on break? D:

1.Soul King Brook
    2.Roronoa Zoro
    3.Vinsmoke Sanji
    4.Dracule Mihawk
    5. Monkey D Luffy

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by ZoroXLee View Post
    this was a good chapter, but finding out Pudding is younger than 15 is sus, unless Oda is messing up the ages or something.
    That Elephant Block Mochi looks cool.

Why must we be on break? D:
    Pudding definitely does not seem to be 15 from a design standpoint, so it either seems to be a translation goof, consistency goof, or something else. Very good chapter, definitely liked the more detailed insight into Haki and how oda is writing luffy progression.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

The chapter was delicious but what the hell is with the Break. I thought spoilers somehow clarified a No Break next week.

Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts scientist

Actually thought the fight would be rushed from the spoilers, but apparently all we missed was Luffy's repeated trial and error of dodging predicting Kata's moves and failing getting his face smashed in
    Good thing about this is now we will finally be able to get a read on Katakuri's speed. We really can't judge that well if he is constantly predicting everything

Next chapter is gonna be fire though. Peros is gonna catch hell keeping Big Mom away from that cake
    Last edited by Yomi; Jan 12th '18 at 11:10 AM.
    Commander
    Saya | 6.1 | Calamity's Rebirth | Travel Log | ??? XP | ??? Gold

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman

Big Mom is only scary because she’s a show off and up against the weak part of the Strawhats.

Luffy, Zoro and Sanji are all not present to even hold her off luckily Jinbe knocked her down once, and keeps on knocking Prometheus down to size, Zeus is hostage. But honestly we’ve seen two fighters display powers somewhat similar to Big Mom in recent chapters.

https://www.opbforums.com/manga/One-...er-441/page-17

Ace is the best in the OP with fire powers

https://www.opbforums.com/manga/One-...ter-553/page-8
    And what is Napoleon to this power?

https://www.opbforums.com/manga/One-...ter-578/page-8
    This is how an admiral takes a punch from Jinbe

Anyways on the chapter

Big Mom looks like she’s finally about to take action before Sanji arrives and stops it, Luffy is getting better at Haki and this chapter sort of confirms the more complex part of CoO, Aside from a person having Aura (what Fujitora was seeing), each attack does as well(what Katakuri is seeing) Luffy now seeing more into the future however he should still advance in speed and strength. Even the attacks he sees Katakuri still catches him and out does him in strength and physical prowess, his CoA needs to advance as well because even when Katakuri was going easy Luffy was struggling.

Jinbe needs an upgrade, he fought the mera mera user for 5 Days just to give up on prometheus’ size, did the same mera user not create a similar attack on Blackbeard? Meaning in his fight with Jinbe we can expect Jinbe dealt with massive fire attacks.

Chopper is being stupid btw

Pudding has a good point also, at least she’s being realistic in that form finally.

Capone should ready another assassination attempt, unless that cake puts her in a coma long enough where he trains to be yonko level then he needs her dead, otherwise he’s going to war with her and losing to just oven’s Fleet alone.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

OMG, what a chapter. As usual, I give it 5/5 cuz I'm a fan boy.

Starting with Leo, looks like the "Strawhat" alliance is rebuilding Dressarossa. Considering their king already loves Luffy and Leo is Luffy's subordinate, I think it's safe to assume what some other people have been saying: Dressarossa is a de facto territory of the Strawhats.

THAT STUSSY NEWS THOUGH!!!!! I straight up thought that Morgans would write a report about how the Fishmen tried to blow up BM with the Tamatebako, but I had no idea that Stussy and Morgans knew that the box had come from the Strawhats, and not from the Fishmen. And now Mont Dior and the Chickenman, the people shot calling the various troops around Tottoland, know that the Strawhats were the ones that blew up the Chateau (though not on purpose).

Luffy is getting his ass handed to him. But his best fighting quality has ALWAYS been tenacity (it saved him in more fights than one), and that seems to only have improved since the TS.

However, I'm more excited to have more evidence for my CoO theory, that Kata isn't just constantly reading the future around him, but rather amalgamating the "will auras" of those around him to create a picture of the future. I also like that Luffy had to do the same thing that Kata had to do like 10 chapters ago. Kata lost his vision of the future, and had to stop for a second, collect himself, and focus on the Haki.

There's no indication that Luffy has gone G4 since the last time, and indeed, we've barely seen him use CoA at all. Perhaps he's saving his CoA for an all out G4 attack once he's farmed up his CoO enough? Perhaps even a new G4 form? It would be a bit poetic after all, because at the start of his Cracker fight, he used G4, then 11 hours later, showed off a new G4 form (perhaps after grinding his CoA haki on Cracker) and now at the beginning of the Kata fight, he used G4, and then at the end of the fight, showing off a new G4 form, after grinding his CoO haki on Kata.

I like how Kata is like "even if you beat me, you and all your friend are dead, so just stop dude" and Luffy's like "but I gotta" and Kata is like "do you have mental deficiencies? Do you like pain? What is wrong with you rubber man???"

Dat cake looks better than the first one. Smells better too. I can smell it through the screen.

I know it's been specifically said that BM can't make humans into homies, but I'm still convinced that's what's causing pudding's temperament. Like the sweet pudding is the real pudding, and BM tried to put a bit of her soul into her (or perhaps just her third eye). If this was the case, I'd feel a lot better about pudding's whole role here, but like I said in previous discussions, she's grown on me either way.

Dam Prometheus. How did he get so big? Normally he'd eat fire to grow or recover, but I don't see any fire nearby, especially not any that would feed him that big. Did BM pump him full of SOUL? Perhaps a combo water/soul attack from Jinbe and Brook could do something to that monstrosity.

Yah @Jamal Henderson, Chopper is a dumbass. He popped that way too soon. I like his plan, I think it could work, but he could very well run out of Monster Point before BM reaches them.

What's the plan with Zeus? And where the hell is Germa? They should have beaten the cake team here I think? But maybe they're going straight to Cacao.

EDIT: I need to wait until the end of this arc before I rank it as a narrative among the other arcs, but I think for now, I can safely say this arc has had the best art of the series, hands down.
    Last edited by Milo; Jan 12th '18 at 12:23 PM.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

A break again! You know, I actually half expected this. Just typical. Smh... Anyway, onto the chapter.

I freaking love the fight between Luffy and Katakuri. It might actually be the best fight I've seen in OP so far. Only one that holds a candle to it is Luffy vs Lucci, or Luffy vs Crocodile. I've never seen Luffy be pushed this hard before, yet he's performing better and better as the fight progresses. And he's doing this without G4. It really is do or die for him, and now he's even dodging bullets from other people. Well, maybe not dodging. For one, bullets don't really affect him, but they might be coated in Haki, so who knows.

Regardless, seeing Luffy step up his game like this is kind of inspiring in a way He's determined to win the fight, or die trying. I am a bit sad that it's going in the CoO direction for Luffy, though. With that said, Katakuri's CoO might not be so uncommon among the top dogs in the OP world, so it will probably balance itself out when Luffy fights someone even stronger.

But really, CoO seems like the least likely Haki for Luffy to improve in. CoA or CoC would definitely be my guess. But maybe it's like an all encompassing improvement, because Luffy countered Katakuri's Block Mochi without damaging his hand like before. Also, at first, I thought it was Katakuri who countered him at that point, and not the other way around. But I found it weird Luffy would aim in that direction, so when Katakuri said Luffy countered him, it made sense. And it was awesome!

Another interesting point about that, is that we can see Luffy calming himself right before the attack comes. He's pissed immediately before, then takes a breath and collects himself. Our boy is growing!

Anyway, enough about that, for now.

I couldn't even see Chopper on the ship in the wide shot, so to speak. I wonder if that was just a blunder by Oda, blindness by me, or his size just isn't that big compared to a ship. Either way, the crew lucked out with Sanji finally reaching them. And damn, the smell of the cake is so strong that it can be smelled from miles away. Pretty impressive.

Actually, on second look, I think I see Chopper's hand behind the last sail

I wonder what Brook means when he says "So this is a Yonko's soul." Does that mean Prometheus is growing because BM is putting more of her soul into him? If so, would that possibly leave her more vulnerable?

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    I freaking love the fight between Luffy and Katakuri. It might actually be the best fight I've seen in OP so far. Only one that holds a candle to it is Luffy vs Lucci, or Luffy vs Crocodile. I've never seen Luffy be pushed this hard before, yet he's performing better and better as the fight progresses.
    Yah, Luffy v. Lucci is the only fight that holds a candle. I can't wait until he finishes powering up his CoO and then goes G4 for an actually even match.

But really, CoO seems like the least likely Haki for Luffy to improve in. CoA or CoC would definitely be my guess.
    I agree. I mean I think Luffy will be strong in all three, equally strong in CoO and CoA, and COC will be his specialty, but at the very least for now, it seems like he really is more powerful in CoA and CoC.

I couldn't even see Chopper on the ship in the wide shot, so to speak. I wonder if that was just a blunder by Oda, blindness by me, or his size just isn't that big compared to a ship. Either way, the crew lucked out with Sanji finally reaching them. And damn, the smell of the cake is so strong that it can be smelled from miles away. Pretty impressive.

Actually, on second look, I think I see Chopper's hand behind the last sail
    Yup, that's where he is. He's standing on the back of the ship with his arms up ready to grab BM and jump into the water.

I wonder what Brook means when he says "So this is a Yonko's soul." Does that mean Prometheus is growing because BM is putting more of her soul into him? If so, would that possibly leave her more vulnerable?
    I thought the exact same thing. Not in terms of her being vulnurable, although that could be true, but that Prometheus is more soul than fire right now. I'm wondering if as a giant soul balloon, Brook can just pop it :-)

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast