Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman entertainer

Nintendo Switch or 3DS XL?

Hey there!

I'm just gonna ask you guys again, I'm torn and can't decide which one to buy.

Can I have your expert opinions on which is better?
    "There's a hidden darkness in everyone."

Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts scientist

How much do you want to spend? With a Switch you are going to spend 300 plus money for a SD card. The games are bigger though and as a bonus u can play it on the the TV. Also seeing how crazy ppl r about it in Japan any JRPG that comes out is most likely coming to the system

If you go for the New 2DS XL u will save a lot of money and while the graphics are old it has a HUGE library of gems spanning from the DS to the 3ds to play. Since the games r already there u don't have to worry about any uncertainty about the console's future.

If u want a console go for a Switch, but if you just want a handheld with smaller games pick up the 3ds.
    Commander
    Saya | 6.1 | Calamity's Rebirth | Travel Log | ??? XP | ??? Gold

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Inari View Post
    How much do you want to spend? With a Switch you are going to spend 300 plus money for a SD card. The games are bigger though and as a bonus u can play it on the the TV. Also seeing how crazy ppl r about it in Japan any JRPG that comes out is most likely coming to the system

If you go for the New 2DS XL u will save a lot of money and while the graphics are old it has a HUGE library of gems spanning from the DS to the 3ds to play. Since the games r already there u don't have to worry about any uncertainty about the console's future.

If u want a console go for a Switch, but if you just want a handheld with smaller games pick up the 3ds.
    I'm honestly thinking of getting a switch just so I can play Pokken Tournament.
    "There's a hidden darkness in everyone."

Senior Member AndrewtheAmericanDude's Avatar
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman entertainer

Switch is great because it will have console oriented stuff and handheld stuff. It's basically a super handheld. But 3DS is my favorite gaming system, so much good stuff. Personally I try to look for new stuff tho, and the Switch will definitely be getting the newest stuff as support leaves the Switch.

I was thinking about getting Pokken too but there's too many games I want now lol

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

As an owner of both I highly suggest Switch if your looking for something to have in the long run, what with it being the up to date thing to have. I had pokken tournemant briefly before trading it in for Mario Odyssey and honestly I love it, in general though you won't be walking the streets with your Switch out since it's so god damn big.

I primarily use it on my tv and walking around the house.. To sum up if your looking for true handheld experience with a vast majority of games than perhaps the 3DS is for you since imo the switch is just too huge to have in your pocket without breaking and the games aren't allot. Pretty much only notable ones are Pokken/Mario/Zelda. lol Theres some bullshit ones in the switch online store but mehhh.

If ya got the cash to spend, why not? Switch is beautiful man and the nostalgia when put on your t.v brings me back to gamecube days lol~
    Last edited by RoronoaXRobin; Jan 16th '18 at 10:20 PM.
    Just another Youtuber who likes anime

Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts scientist

Quote Originally Posted by ResoluteMenace View Post
    I'm honestly thinking of getting a switch just so I can play Pokken Tournament.
    Well thats one of the only Major Switch games i haven't played so i can't give opinions on that game. I just wanted the newest portable to play JRPGs
    Commander
    Saya | 6.1 | Calamity's Rebirth | Travel Log | ??? XP | ??? Gold