Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman

2017 - And Why It Was Glorious

Hey everyone!

So like last year I have made a Video about the Music I liked in the previous year.
    And this time it's a lot heavier

Watch the video, enjoying it is optional!

Cheers!

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Matternativ; Feb 1st '18 at 06:09 PM.
    "Let's have some fun, this beat is sick. I wanna take a ride on your discostick!"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Latest Blog post - Superhero Movies 2017 - Ranked

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Will I get to see you sing in the shower again?

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    Will I get to see you sing in the shower again?
    I do sing at the end but you won't hear a thing and I only bath in my own sweat if anything there. The rest is just me writing one or two lines for each song snippet and then moving on to the next one until the video is over
    "Let's have some fun, this beat is sick. I wanna take a ride on your discostick!"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I do sing at the end but you won't hear a thing and I only bath in my own sweat if anything there. The rest is just me writing one or two lines for each song snippet and then moving on to the next one until the video is over
    I'll give it a look later, then I checked out the first song. It sounded really good.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    I'll give it a look later, then I checked out the first song. It sounded really good.
    It is! But don't worry. The further you get in the video the less you'll like it

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

@Matternativ, are you getting "soft"? Other than the papa roach, Band kreator and Hallatar song, I actually enjoyed the rest.

1.Soul King Brook
    2.Roronoa Zoro
    3.Vinsmoke Sanji
    4.Dracule Mihawk
    5. Monkey D Luffy

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman

Quote Originally Posted by ZoroXLee View Post
    @Matternativ, are you getting "soft"? Other than the papa roach, Band kreator and Hallatar song, I actually enjoyed the rest.
    Quite the opposite but I never limited myself to the br00tal stuff. Still this year has a lot more heavy bands in it than last year which was more rock dominated.
    Quick notes:
    - They are called Kreator, not Band Kreator
    - With Hallatar it's really not enough to listen to 30 seconds. That's something you gotta listen through ideally the whole album. Even then it's definitely not for everyone
    - I either had forgotten or never knew that you had interest in metal. I think I recall talking to you about Avenged Sevenfold but that's it.
    So colour me surprised!

Manga
    Thriller Bark
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

1. scum $#@! flower boy by tyler the creator
    2. Lucifieran towers by Godspeed you! Black emperor
    3. Forget by Xiu Xiu
    4. Okovi by Zola Jesus
    5. What now by Sylvan Esso
    6. Drunk by Thundercat
    7. Neo Wax Bloom by Iglooghost
    8. Reflections of a Floating World by Elder
    9. EP2 by Yaeji
    10. Black Ken by Lil B

I wasn't american enough to care about Sun Kil Moon or Father John Misty. Lyrics didn't do anything

also wrote a review for Okovi while listening to it because why not

Nicole Humell, AKA Nika Danilova, AKA Zola Jesus, came out this year with Okovi, a distinctly personal collection of tracks showcasing the extent to which life has battered down her aesthetic machinations, but for the better. Having had to deal with a close friend attempting suicide twice and the cancer diagnosis of an acquiantance, this album spawned from the desperation of impending death and finality. In some ways, this album is a testament to the power of constant reminders of mortality.

Zola Jesus seems obssessed with tragic women and the heaviness of looking at life from a wide scope: most of the tracks of this album attempt to encapsulate the catharsis of processing existence from a cosmic, mythological lens, and consequently, Okovi feels like a monument to the heaviness of existence. The second track, Exhumed, taps into the power of anger. Having had writers block for two years, Nika reflects on the experience of writing this song:

"'Exhumed' was one of the first songs I actually wrote and was like, I like that. That did something for me. I hadn’t experienced that in so long. It felt very pure, or something. The lyrics aren’t so straightforward, but I think in general I was channeling all of my anger and resentment and grief and depression. It was coming out as a battle cry, where I was feeling helpless and trying to take control of everything I was going through. I was trying to turn it into power.
    It’s angry. It’s red and black. It’s like blood. It’s like a battle. It’s frustrated, and at the same time violent. I felt very violent when I was writing it. Maniacal. Usually my music is a lot more contemplative and introspective. Everything with the teeth and the claws — it’s just primal rage. One of the few weapons animals have are their teeth, their jaws, their bite. You don’t have anything but your own utility that you’re born with. I didn’t think about these lyrics at all, it was all automatic, but I think it came from this feral place. That’s what I felt like. Like an animal."

Even though not every track reflects this primal ethos in aesthetic, most of this album reflects it in theme and lyricism: What are you going to do with your own life? You're going to die. You're going to die. You're going to die.

@ShichiDrewKai

listen through these albums

Quote Originally Posted by edd View Post
    rise-chan is heavily overrated tbh

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Grained and Seether gave me chills. Didn't know them, will probably take a look at their work.

Was never a big fan of Dragonforce.

Disconnect was quite good too.

Seven Headed Whore ... that voice ... man, such power. The energy too!

Sepultura? A hard time? I always liked them

Didn't know Austria had such good music aside from Yodeling

As for the last part, you almost looked like the lead singer
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman

Quote Originally Posted by Prada View Post
    1. scum $#@! flower boy by tyler the creator
    2. Lucifieran towers by Godspeed you! Black emperor
    3. Forget by Xiu Xiu
    4. Okovi by Zola Jesus
    5. What now by Sylvan Esso
    6. Drunk by Thundercat
    7. Neo Wax Bloom by Iglooghost
    8. Reflections of a Floating World by Elder
    9. EP2 by Yaeji
    10. Black Ken by Lil B

I wasn't american enough to care about Sun Kil Moon or Father John Misty. Lyrics didn't do anything

also wrote a review for Okovi while listening to it because why not

Nicole Humell, AKA Nika Danilova, AKA Zola Jesus, came out this year with Okovi, a distinctly personal collection of tracks showcasing the extent to which life has battered down her aesthetic machinations, but for the better. Having had to deal with a close friend attempting suicide twice and the cancer diagnosis of an acquiantance, this album spawned from the desperation of impending death and finality. In some ways, this album is a testament to the power of constant reminders of mortality.

Zola Jesus seems obssessed with tragic women and the heaviness of looking at life from a wide scope: most of the tracks of this album attempt to encapsulate the catharsis of processing existence from a cosmic, mythological lens, and consequently, Okovi feels like a monument to the heaviness of existence. The second track, Exhumed, taps into the power of anger. Having had writers block for two years, Nika reflects on the experience of writing this song:

"'Exhumed' was one of the first songs I actually wrote and was like, I like that. That did something for me. I hadn’t experienced that in so long. It felt very pure, or something. The lyrics aren’t so straightforward, but I think in general I was channeling all of my anger and resentment and grief and depression. It was coming out as a battle cry, where I was feeling helpless and trying to take control of everything I was going through. I was trying to turn it into power.
    It’s angry. It’s red and black. It’s like blood. It’s like a battle. It’s frustrated, and at the same time violent. I felt very violent when I was writing it. Maniacal. Usually my music is a lot more contemplative and introspective. Everything with the teeth and the claws — it’s just primal rage. One of the few weapons animals have are their teeth, their jaws, their bite. You don’t have anything but your own utility that you’re born with. I didn’t think about these lyrics at all, it was all automatic, but I think it came from this feral place. That’s what I felt like. Like an animal."

Even though not every track reflects this primal ethos in aesthetic, most of this album reflects it in theme and lyricism: What are you going to do with your own life? You're going to die. You're going to die. You're going to die.

@<a href="https://www.opbforums.com/forums/member.php?u=10357" target="_blank">ShichiDrewKai</a>

listen through these albums
    An interesting mix you've got listed there. Not even gonna lie Godspeed You! Black Emperor was the only artist I knew out of those but I don't really keep up with them as that is music I gotta be in the right mood for.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhaul View Post
    Grained and Seether gave me chills. Didn't know them, will probably take a look at their work.

Was never a big fan of Dragonforce.

Disconnect was quite good too.

Seven Headed Whore ... that voice ... man, such power. The energy too!

Sepultura? A hard time? I always liked them

Didn't know Austria had such good music aside from Yodeling

As for the last part, you almost looked like the lead singer
    You've probably heard Seether with Songs like Fake It, Remedy or their collaboration with Amy Lee on Broken years ago.
    They are quite popular and generally softer than in the Song you've heard there.

Grained on the other hand is a german Underground Band that only has that one Album yet I think.

But if you like them you might just like the new Band of a friend of mine, the Album will drop later this year.

As for looking like the Singer. Do you mean I look like the singer of Camp Chaos? Or one of the Dying Fetus vocalists?
    Because neither is true

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast