[Discussion] One Piece Chapter 893 Discussion and 894 Predictions

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter!

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

3 11.54%

3 11.54%

20 76.92%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

One Piece Chapter 893 Discussion and 894 Predictions

"36TH DAUGHTER OF THE CHARLOTTE FAMILY - FLAMPE"

One Piece Chapter 893 Discussion and 894 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga Chapter 893 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga Chapter 894

Start reading here @ OPB

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
    1 is worst, 5 is best.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nekomamushi For This Useful Post:

FireAngeL  (Feb 2nd '18), Overhaul  (Feb 3rd '18)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Oh my fucking GOD, what an amazing chapter!!!

Katakuri just elevated himself to a new level of badassery. Seriously, for fuck sake, he's becoming a top tier villain in my eyes. Croc is still my favorite, but damn, Katakuri's getting close.

Now, while I say this is an amazing chapter, I do think the Flampe stuff dragged on for too long. It became a bit annoying. Now, obviously that's what Oda was going for, so he succeeded in that regard

But seriously, way to go, Katakuri. I remember it was a topic of discussion from last week's chapter, whether he'd be cool with someone interfering with the fight. I don't remember which side I was on, but I thought it was handled really well this chapter. Katakuri even stabbed himself to even the playing field. Btw, did he have to imbue the spear in Haki to stab himself? Also, I really thought he was about to kill Flampe.

All that theorizing about whether or not this was foresight on Luffy's part went to waste, though Oda never goes with the obvious. Goda!

I loved that Katakuri removed his scarf to reveal his true face. Not only did Katakuri's words speak enough for his respect for Luffy, but the fact that he did that speaks louder than words, I'd say.

And finally, we see Luffy use CoC for the first time since the Colosseum. Against others instead of a clash, I mean. Did you see that shit?! It sent like a tiny shockwave, and there were even those crackles in the sky, coming from his body, too. I wonder how much his CoC has grown this arc. Something I personally keep forgetting is that CoC isn't something you really train, but it grows as you grow.

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I am reading it now but one thought came across my mind. Don't you guys think Sanji's CoO is already on that level? Because it does seem so.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Oh shit, I didn't notice at first that Katakuri also used CoC!

That's even more hype! He's definitely deserving of it. So, they're somewhat equal in CoC? Like, big pieces of rubble flew away from their clash.

Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Charlotte Flambe is so fkin annoying, and to get knocked by CoC she must be a fodder.

I love when Luffy say "in a duel between pirates there is no such thing as playing dirty"
    i reminds me His battle with Foxy

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I nearly want this fight to be won by Katakuri.
    Almost shed a tear after watching Katakuri called by names.

It was such an intense chapter.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

The flampe stuff is not just annoying drag, it's ridiculous. Do they not realize who they are messing with?

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin scientist

Wounding himself for fair play reasons was predictable but still an effective way to showcase that Katakuri has a deep sense of pride but also respect. The removal of the scarf was also a great move by him, pretty much a statement from his side, perhaps (most probably) a result of his fight with Luffy and how Luffy has fought heroically.
    I think it's clear that this fight will change both (Luffy surpassing himself in order to survive it, Katakuri changing his perspective about some things, maybe realizing some things about himself) and that the 2 will carry on this fight as "strictly business" since all things aside they are loyal to their crewmates, because other than that I think both respect each other at this point.
    It would be great if Katakuri remains in the series as a friendly rival force of Luffy's or just a powerful ally.

On a side note, I think Katakuri's case here resemble's a bit that of Pudding's, no? Both had been bullied as children and have had insecurities because of this fact, both hiding their peculiar facial features as a result, and now both of them after their interaction with the Strawhats come to a realization (Katakuri in a more mature way than Pudding's "Sanji thinks I am beautiful no matter / because of my third eye, ergo I now change my persona" (even though she doesn't change entirely it looks like)).
    Fits nicely with the message that Luffy as a captain wants to send, that of freedom. Freedom to feel good about oneself, in this case.
    The game of mafia is the eternal struggle between the admitted desire not to get lynched
    and the unadmitted desire not to read.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman chef

Great chapter! Katakuri is slowly becoming the best character in the arc.
    I don't think a villain ever got character development in the arc they were a villain of. Other than Boa Hancock (and we know how that turned out in the end )

Quote Originally Posted by FireAngeL View Post
    I am reading it now but one thought came across my mind. Don't you guys think Sanji's CoO is already on that level? Because it does seem so.
    Quite possibly. He already dodged an attack from Katakuri, and it looked similar to what Luffy just dodged. No future sight for him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    Oh shit, I didn't notice at first that Katakuri also used CoC!

That's even more hype! He's definitely deserving of it. So, they're somewhat equal in CoC? Like, big pieces of rubble flew away from their clash.
    I think this is the first subordinate we've seen that's using CoC. Except for Rayleigh. Makes me wonder if Katakuri is going to break off from BM at one point or become the leader of BM pirates after BM bites the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by FireAngeL View Post
    I nearly want this fight to be won by Katakuri.
    Almost shed a tear after watching Katakuri called by names.

It was such an intense chapter.
    Honestly, after this chapter I think that it's quite likely that Katakuri will win and spare Luffy afterwards, just dumping him onto the Sunny and telling Chopper to fix him so they can have a rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    The flampe stuff is not just annoying drag, it's ridiculous. Do they not realize who they are messing with?
    I know right? Just a chapter or two ago they worshiped him as the strongest of BM's children. What on earth did they expect him to do?

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Fishman Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts doctor

I'm a bit disappointed with Katakuri maiming himself, as it cheapens Luffy's win somewhat. However, it's a good character moment for him and I'm genuinely excited for this battle again.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast