View Poll Results: !! Rate This Week's Episode !!

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

2 33.33%

4 66.67%
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts chef

One Piece Episode 825 - A Liar! Luffy and Sanji!

"A Liar! Luffy and Sanji!"

One Piece Episode 825 Discussion

Discuss One Piece Episode 825 here

Please remember to rate this week's episode!
    1 is worst, 5 is best.
    "If you dont risk your life, you cant create a future"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Owner Zeff For This Useful Post:

Nekomamushi  (Feb 11th '18)

Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman

Not a whole lot of progression but we finally got the answer out of Sanji and Dogtooth has been revealed. Ought to be a good amount of progression on next weeks episode.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    archeologist

Nice chapter just felt it was short (but was the only way to have Luffy with Sanji only) and that is my boy Luffy know what his crew wants’
    And at the end to show Dogtooth was nice.
    It was a5/5 for mar only and only because of the emotions that came out

Im Just a Man Named RJ a man named rj's Avatar
    Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman engineer

Quote Originally Posted by gerakilykos View Post
    Nice chapter just felt it was short (but was the only way to have Luffy with Sanji only) and that is my boy Luffy know what his crew wants’
    And at the end to show Dogtooth was nice.
    It was a5/5 for mar only and only because of the emotions that came out
    but we finally got the answer out of Sanji and Dogtooth has been revealed. Ought to be a good amount of progression on next weeks episode.
    No translation, official, or otherwise calls him "dog tooth" his name has always been Katakuri. The only translators incessant on calling him that are Mangastream.

Im gonna Copypaste myself here from another website
    Im Just amazed at how this feels like an episode from Water 7 - which I consider to be the highlight of OP from a directorial standpoint - we even got the theme of the show popping in after the episode started. Something we havent been seeing in a while. This feels like this is the beginning of the Highpoint of the timeskip in the anime. it's a shame the speed of adaptation is so low - that said This episode was slow, but didnt feel like filler. Speaking of Direction HOLY SHIT!!! The foreground was used as part of the shot composition so much, the use of Smoke to turn a basic 2-shot into a far more cinematic widescreen over-the shoulder shot, The use of the filters, and camera. To grant us depth, time and space - and Im notsure if you noticed, but there was a LOT of focus on the face. Not only is it easier to draw a face than the entire body attached to it all the time (as OP tends to do) but it allowed the animators to play this up more as a graphic novel, than an animated production. In other words they used their limitations and made something with them - like what Old OP Did.

Old OP was very limited, but it made up for it with cool angles, and character designs that maximized Oda's perspective drawing skills. It never really went to Sakugafest terririty. During G8, the priorities shifted to be more like the movies, and so the show (with all it's limited glory) put emphasis on the animation - which is fine when the show has the power to make it happen, which OP for the most part simply doesnt. So to see clever use of restricted camera space to not only duplicate intimacy, but also detail the head-space of characters and do it for cheap - that shit makes me blush. Good on ya One Piece. And that's the power of an adaptation we were able to see a few pages of Manga play out over the course of the episode, but it really didn't feel padded because it maintained it's direction.

I guess my point is, it feels like OP is being treated as a dramatic serial again, rather than a disposable Sunday-morning Kids Cartoon.

5/5 voted
    9/10
    I'm making a New animated film - this time a TV show pitch, and never finished my Last One. I don't ever want to hear somebody call animators "lazy" again

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Since @a man named rj talked so highly about this episode, I decided to give it a watch. It's probably my first full OP episode since sometime during Dressrosa. Actually, I did watch most of the episode with the Cracker fight, but not all.

I've gotta say, this episode was handled wonderfully Slow paced as usual, but a slow pace doesn't necessarily mean it's poorly paced. It definitely works for this episode, where the dramatic moments feel extended for a better effect.

The opening fight scene was very well handled, with hits feeling like they're actually landing. Luffy punching Sanji, though, that looked awesome.

More than that, I have to praise the framing. It's very dynamic, and the "camera work" is excellent. Different angles to keep things fresh, and unique angles. Even something as simple as putting Luffy's face to the left to show us the reaction to Sanji being honest.

Gotta commend the voice acting for Sanji's VA, too. The crying scene was done perfectly.

Oh, and the colors don't look as dull or muted anymore. They're more vibrant. Me like.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Im Just a Man Named RJ a man named rj's Avatar
    Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    Oh, and the colors don't look as dull or muted anymore. They're more vibrant. Me like.
    Oh yeah that is so nice. I made a post detailing what happened and I'm very glad to see that my predictions from several months ago is playing out still. When I made this post, I was using the "Dressrosa Standard" but they keep on upping the ante. They're bringing in classic OP animators and everything. Its so nice to see the series has been elevated so nicely.
    I'm making a New animated film - this time a TV show pitch, and never finished my Last One. I don't ever want to hear somebody call animators "lazy" again