View Poll Results: Rate This Week's Chapter!

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

2 6.25%

8 25.00%

22 68.75%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

One Piece Chapter 896 Discussion and 897 Predictions

"The Last Request"

One Piece Chapter 896 Discussion and 897 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga Chapter 896 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga Chapter 897

Start reading here @ OPB

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
    1 is worst, 5 is best.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AppleCider For This Useful Post:

FireAngeL  (Mar 2nd '18)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

Looks like the spoilers were misleading.

Luffy and Katakuri both landed the attacks on each other. Luffy was the first to collapse and became unconscious. Then Katakuri collapsed and passed out. 10 minutes later, Luffy got up and saw Katakuri already standing above him. After the discussion, Katakuri passed out from exhaustion and Luffy proceeded to cover Katakuri's mouth with his hat as token of respect and leave.

The fight is a draw at best or Katakuri's victory, since Luffy passed out first when the battle ended. But Luffy did not win this fight and the claim that he did is simply incorrect.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

dope chapter
    i feel like katakuri wants big mom to be defeated who knows what she is holding over him
    kata is a beast
    we all know that probably germa will appear in coco island and make an escape rout for luffi or big mom eats the cake and forgive everybody

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Who's walking away in the end and lays unconscious on the ground?

Calling this fight a draw is just delusional

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

is obvious that Pudding kiss Sanji, whatever her last request is.

Looooool nazoms, you know your disguise is suck when even Luffy know you, Soge King is much better, or maybe Luffy just growing smarter

5/5

btw no break next week right?

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Bet her last request is joining the Straw Hats, a teaser said another one would be join with Jimbe and it could be her.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

From the point of view he couldn't see inside, he didn't walk and dropped at the position he did throw his punch. I don't know if Luffy hit or not, basically stopping the punch would need more energy because the acceleration was already done, there is also blood in the air. I think he hit but Katakuri hit the ground behind Luffy.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Eh, the ending of Katakuri vs Luffy felt a bit anticlimactic to me personally.

Katakuri's last lines were pretty dope nonetheless. And Luffy's gonna fight Big Mom in the future? Hmm, wonder how Oda's gonna play that out. Maybe this ties into the Fishman Island prophecy.

Pekoms the mysterious hero was pretty funny though Wonder how they're gonna leave the place now, Sanji's lines made it pretty clear that bursting into the ambush would mean defeat. Maybe Pekomamushi has planted a mirror elsewhere.

Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts scientist

Quote Originally Posted by Taren View Post
    From the point of view he couldn't see inside, he didn't walk and dropped at the position he did throw his punch. I don't know if Luffy hit or not, basically stopping the punch would need more energy because the acceleration was already done, there is also blood in the air. I think he hit but Katakuri hit the ground behind Luffy.
    Where I read I think I missed a few pages. Looking at it again it looks like both Luffy’s attack and Katakuri’s hit. There is some blood coming from Luffy’s head, and there is a large indention covering the area of Katakuri’s attack. That however could have just been from the conqueror’s haki. It’s the reason the floor collapses. Luffy’s attack though seemed to be what stopped Katakuri since he is coughing up blood. After that they both withdraw, Luffy tries to charge forward, but the ground collapses, and Luffy times out.

Because Luffy couldn’t charge forward to finish things the fight never really concluded. We don’t know if Katakuri had the energy to pursue Luffy down that hole either since he fell out right afterwards. At best u can say they both collapses from exhaustion with Luffy falling first. After that however Katakuri was the first to stand. He could barely walk, but then fell right back down.....<_>

I am just gonna call this a draw
    Commander
    Saya | 6.1 | Calamity's Rebirth | Travel Log | ??? XP | ??? Gold

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

@Yomi I checked the previous chapter now, there was no ground damage, therefore both hit their enemy with full force. Luffy is up first he is crawling out of the hole but Katakuri is still down but he is still crawling and Katakuri is then standing before him. I don't know it seems there is still power left in Katakuri but could he still fight I don't know, Luffy stamina and taking damage is now beyond crazy.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast