View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter!

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

5 26.32%

14 73.68%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

One Piece Chapter 897 Discussion and 898 Predictions

"Pekoms' Cacao Island Escape Plan"

One Piece Chapter 897 Discussion and 898 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga Chapter 897 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga Chapter 898

Start reading here @ OPB

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
    1 is worst, 5 is best.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AppleCider For This Useful Post:

FireAngeL  (Mar 9th '18)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

It was good to see some BMP also fly.
    Anyway I was right. Sanji's standing above in that panel totally lost its importance by now. That was waste.

EDIT: Snack gave me Norland vibes. Descendant maybe.
    Last edited by FireAngeL; Mar 9th '18 at 06:32 AM.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Oda belittling Geppo makes me feel like Sanji has way more up his sleeve than I already thought. I loved the Kata/Luffy stuff, but this is what i've been waiting for. Vinsmokes, Puddin, Jinbe and Pekoms have always been the X factors of this arc to me, while Sanji is the true antagonist. Now waiting to see Puddin's move. Oven stopping Pekom's transformation is just building him up even more. Luffy confirming to Sanji that he won was a great moment. Especially in the middle of all this madness and chaos.

Vinsmoke's entrance>>>>> Hope the anime dramatizes that more than it already is. The panel where the explosion is in back of the shooters and they come to a halt. Can tell Ichiji is out for blood. Sanji possibly leads his siblings to a W.

Stansen looks like the Giant that was in between Oimo and Kashi from the flashback. Probably him or his son. The helmet is the same as Jorl, which broke when Linlin attacked him.

Many manga come to that point where most battles are in the air and the fighters can fly or at least a variation of it. I'd like to see Rokushiki and the other martial arts more in the story as common practice.

As a Zoro fan, this feels weird. I've watched Oda cleverly write Sanji all throughout this arc, but then I see actual Sanji fans say that they're giving up hope. He's obviously been building him up. Something's not adding up. What are they reading?

Another reason why I hate the whole power scaling thing. If Sanji defeats someone like Oven or a Calamity next arc, some of the fandom will use Sanji's minor clashes with Doffy, Vergo, his father, Daifuku and even this Yuen guy as a reference to why he is weak and it makes no sense. How is it that you care about power levels so much, that you can't even comprehend the simplest things? Sanji hasn't been in an all out battle since before timeskip. There's no real basis for these headcanon ideas.

If Puddin catches her siblings while they're down, she might be able to erase most of this. Which can help Pekom's situation. Problem is that many will still know. She can't cover the whole Totland. There's no point to it if she doesn't get all of the right people. Makes me question what she's up to, even more.
    Last edited by Cockycent; Mar 9th '18 at 09:17 AM.
    Casual: OP is just power levels

Me:

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Good chapter as always
    So we know that germa would save the day nothing new there
    Hahah luffi already sleeping could he have seen the feauter and saw that he would be safe so he fell to sleep with no worries

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Oda belittling Geppo makes me feel like Sanji has way more up his sleeve than I already thought. I loved the Kata/Luffy stuff, but this is what i've been waiting for. Vinsmokes, Puddin, Jinbe and Pekoms have always been the X factors of this arc to me, while Sanji is the true antagonist. Now waiting to see Puddin's move. Oven stopping Pekom's transformation is just building him up even more. Luffy confirming to Sanji that he won was a great moment. Especially in the middle of all this madness and chaos.

Vinsmoke's entrance>>>>> Hope the anime dramatizes that more than it already is. The panel where the explosion is in back of the shooters and they come to a halt. Can tell Ichiji is out for blood. Sanji possibly leads his siblings to a W.

Stansen looks like the Giant that was in between Oimo and Kashi from the flashback. Probably him or his son. The helmet is the same as Jorl, which broke when Linlin attacked him.

Many manga come to that point where most battles are in the air and the fighters can fly or at least a variation of it. I'd like to see Rokushiki and the other martial arts more in the story as common practice.

As a Zoro fan, this feels weird. I've watched Oda cleverly write Sanji all throughout this arc, but then I see actual Sanji fans say that they're giving up hope. He's obviously been building him up. Something's not adding up. What are they reading?

Another reason why I hate the whole power scaling thing. If Sanji defeats someone like Oven or a Calamity next arc, some of the fandom will use Sanji's minor clashes with Doffy, Vergo, his father, Daifuku and even this Yuen guy as a reference to why he is weak and it makes no sense. How is it that you care about power levels so much, that you can't even comprehend the simplest things? Sanji hasn't been in an all out battle since before timeskip. There's no real basis for these headcanon ideas.

If Puddin catches her siblings while they're down, she might be able to erase most of this. Which can help Pekom's situation. Problem is that many will still know. She can't cover the whole Totland. There's no point to it if she doesn't get all of the right people. Makes me question what she's up to, even more.
    Because Sanji fans are stupid and are actually listening to the complaints of others and their trash talking, and are slowly being coerced to think that Sanji needs to pull feats like Zoro to be "worthy".

I've seen people complain about why Sanji couldn't dodge Yuen when he could dodge Katakuri's attack. I feel like people just look at "X attacks Y" and don't look at the situation at hand.

1 - Yuen's attack was bigger than a small jelly bean, which means the area of impact is bigger and harder to dodge
    2 - There's a difference between dodging an attack on the ground and mid-air. Sanji needs to kick the air in order to move, on the ground he just needs to duck, crouch, spin or bend. Jyabura himself told Sanji that he was more exposed to an attack in mid-air, and we see that Sanji couldn't dodge Jyabura's attack.
    We also have proof that Sanji isn't that good at dodging attacks mid-air, like when he didn't dodge Doflamingo's 5 colored strings despite seeing the attack coming.
    3 - Just because one has Observation haki and sees an attack coming doesn't mean one can dodge it. We've seen an Observation master like Katakuri fail to do so in certain circumstances, and this was established far back in Skypea arc. What's so hard to understand?
    4 - Oda makes sure that the reader knows that Sanji has his path blocked and that his enemies can follow him, even Oven says they have prepared for something like this

Anyway, on the chapter itself.

I liked it, but I'm sad we couldn't get to see Pekoms full transformation. Was hyped to see a massive lion-turtle hybrid. Smart thinking on Oven tho.

As expected, Germa showed up.

Sanji reacting fast and kicking Raisin in the face was dope.

Small detail people may not notice, but despite Sanji not dodging Yuen's attack, he blocked it with his own body, shielding Luffy from the impact. He also does this when he falls to the ground.

And despite what people may think, that's Sanji's priority. Even when we see everyone else pointing guns at him, he's still shielding Luffy's body, who is sleeping/passed out.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Cool chapter, even if we didn't see anything too surprising.

Sanji landing a kick on that fella in mid-air looked pretty nice. Germa arriving moved the arc a big step closer to its end, as their plotline with Sanji needs to be resolved before the arc ends. Even if they've been horrible people so far in the series, they sure know how to make an entrance lol.

Poor Pekoms though, especially that part in which the BM pirates were going to gauge out his eyes Wonder what's going to happen to him.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by FireAngeL View Post
    It was good to see some BMP also fly.
    Anyway I was right. Sanji's standing above in that panel totally lost its importance by now. That was waste.

EDIT: Snack gave me Norland vibes. Descendant maybe.
    Nah, it shows that Sanji has earned their respect if anything. Else, why would they be saving him?

They're repaying him in kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperKing View Post
    Cool chapter, even if we didn't see anything too surprising.

Sanji landing a kick on that fella in mid-air looked pretty nice. Germa arriving moved the arc a big step closer to its end, as their plotline with Sanji needs to be resolved before the arc ends. Even if they've been horrible people so far in the series, they sure know how to make an entrance lol.

Poor Pekoms though, especially that part in which the BM pirates were going to gauge out his eyes Wonder what's going to happen to him.
    I think he might have lost one eye already. We see the scythe guy attack, blood gush out and Pekoms scream.

Anyway, Oven was pretty smart to neutralize the Suulong Pekoms. Smarter than Daifuku, who destroyed his whole fleet

Also, now that I think about it, Sanji can't really Sky Walk away even now that his brothers arrived. Yuei and his group is still Geppo'ing about and will just knock him down again. He may have to fight through this along with his brothers.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin navigator

Germa ftw!! Now final fights can start!! So exciting!
    You will fight like a real soldier fights. You will forget what Hollywood taught you. Ocelot

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Overhaul View Post
    Nah, it shows that Sanji has earned their respect if anything. Else, why would they be saving him?

They're repaying him in kind.
    Don't think so. They're somewhat empty of such emotions. Might be followinh Judge's dying wish.

Anyway I am waiting for Sanji to show his brains more than his physical prowess in the face of such fleet.
    He was the one who trapped the Buster Call Fleet using their own devices.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Good chapter.

Looks like the Giant arc is going to give us a profile of the five giants that left Buggy. I wanted to see more of Buggy, but more giants is good either way. A ship wright should be important.

If Pekoms can talk, it seems like he hasn't fully transformed. It would be great if either Carrot or Luffy could get through to Pekoms in his Sulong form. That would make him an interesting addition because he knows haki and he's strong, but at his strongest, he's uncontrollable, like monster Chopper was. Perhaps it will be Sulong Pekoms versus Oven? I think Sanji vs. Snack is looking pretty clear here. If Snack takes out Niji or Ichiji, and then Sanji takes him down, that would be a pretty sweet climax to WCI.

I agree with @Cockycent that so many Geppo users can only mean that Sanji has a hidden ace that is better than Geppo.

Whatever else happens, this has already been such a significant blow to the BM Pirates. Smoothie is still an impending threat, but Germa is wrecking the fleet either way. They're losing so many ships here, not to mention the defeat of two commanders and the fall of the Chateau. Luffy appears mostly down for the count, but I could still see him doing two plot related things. 1) He hasn't used his CoC here at all. He would have used it if Kata didn't warn every weak member of his crew back into the mirror world, but considering he still has that juice in his tank, the escape would be a great time to pull it out. 2) The voice of all things to command the beast that will be Pekoms.

Other than that, standard matchups apply. Jinbe vs. Smoothie, the rest of the crew vs. that fleet, Germa, Pekoms, and Sanji vs. Oven's group, and I'm really hoping to see Snack in action, hopefully with a Sanji v. Snack matchup to finish the arc off.

This was a good set up chapter, moving the story along and adding a lot to work with. I'm excited to see this battle for escaping Tottoland. And I can't wait to see whatever hidden thing Sanji has up his sleeve.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast