Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rocket Walk

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Rocket Walk

I've been brainstorming ways that Sanji can improve Geppo upon what we've seen from Cipher Pol and the BM Pirates, and I think I found a natural answer. His diable jambe can make fire, so if he's using it in the air, he should be able to boost himself like a rocket. As people have established many times in the story, putting yourself in midair can be an escape, but it can also make you a vulnurable target. But if he can be more agile than anyone else in the air, then he has a significant advantage. I would also compare this to what Luffy does in G4, because he is using his limbs as boosters when he is in boundman.

I think it would be an interesting power up for Sanji, that isn't directly an increase in strength, and I think it fits him. But I also think he would name it after food lol.

Let me know what you guys think.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Hmmm, I see where you're coming from with it. It would make sense for Sanji to improve his speed in the sky, but honestly, I don't think speed is his issue. And the reason he was knocked down in the recent chapter is because he got distracted by Pekoms. This could be an added power up to something else, though.

As for what it will be called, it doesn't have to be food related, imo He has Diable Jambe and Sky Walk/Blue Walk. Unless they are unknown dishes to me, I don't think they're food related

Expanding upon Diable Jambe seems more likely to me. But as I said, and as you pointed out here, Sky Walk can possibly improve from it. But since we're being introduced to more people outside of CP9 that can use Geppou/Sky Walk, maybe we will see another Rokushiki power up. I still think Rankyaku makes sense, but I'm not sure if it'd be that big of a deal.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Now that you mention it, a Hells Memories + Tekkai + Geppo could make him a semi-unstoppable fire comet in the air.

But that seems less likely than a Geppo + Soru combination.

It was called Kamisori and only Lucci could use it from the CP9

We know Sanji is pretty much capable of replicating Soru speeds, so him using Sky Walk + Soru is not that impossible. It could be a power up and yet another way to differentiate him from normal Soru users.

Spoiler!
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    Hmmm, I see where you're coming from with it. It would make sense for Sanji to improve his speed in the sky, but honestly, I don't think speed is his issue. And the reason he was knocked down in the recent chapter is because he got distracted by Pekoms. This could be an added power up to something else, though.

As for what it will be called, it doesn't have to be food related, imo He has Diable Jambe and Sky Walk/Blue Walk. Unless they are unknown dishes to me, I don't think they're food related

Expanding upon Diable Jambe seems more likely to me. But as I said, and as you pointed out here, Sky Walk can possibly improve from it. But since we're being introduced to more people outside of CP9 that can use Geppou/Sky Walk, maybe we will see another Rokushiki power up. I still think Rankyaku makes sense, but I'm not sure if it'd be that big of a deal.
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think Diable Jambe is supposed to be a pun in Japanese, bastardizing the Japanese words for "spicy dishes" into the French words for "Devil Leg". It's like how some of Zoro's moves sound like demons AND food (oni giri means demon slayer and onigiri means rice ball). But yah, I was sort of kidding anyway. He has the walks. He has Spectre. He has Hell Memories. He clearly isn't exclusive to food.

I mean, I have a feeling he's going to show some kind of air superiority. I guess that's really what I'm saying.

He can shoot fireballs tho. How useful would Rankyaku be in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by Overhaul View Post

Now that you mention it, a Hells Memories + Tekkai + Geppo could make him a semi-unstoppable fire comet in the air.

But that seems less likely than a Geppo + Soru combination.

It was called Kamisori and only Lucci could use it from the CP9

We know Sanji is pretty much capable of replicating Soru speeds, so him using Sky Walk + Soru is not that impossible. It could be a power up and yet another way to differentiate him from normal Soru users.

Spoiler!
    Good point. I forgot Lucci already showed us something better than Geppo.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think Diable Jambe is supposed to be a pun in Japanese, bastardizing the Japanese words for "spicy dishes" into the French words for "Devil Leg". It's like how some of Zoro's moves sound like demons AND food (oni giri means demon slayer and onigiri means rice ball). But yah, I was sort of kidding anyway. He has the walks. He has Spectre. He has Hell Memories. He clearly isn't exclusive to food.

I mean, I have a feeling he's going to show some kind of air superiority. I guess that's really what I'm saying.

He can shoot fireballs tho. How useful would Rankyaku be in this case?

Good point. I forgot Lucci already showed us something better than Geppo.
    Mm, I guess you might be right about that

Air superiority would be very cool, but for him to fight in the air, he needs long range attacks. Like you suggested, Rankyaku might be an option. It's been heavily predicted before, too.

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin navigator

I think he learned different things from the Newkama, literally 99 moves. I think he has rocket bomb drop kicks incoming, he should be able to make crater explosions. My theory is crater explosions
    You will fight like a real soldier fights. You will forget what Hollywood taught you. Ocelot

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Jam View Post
    I think he learned different things from the Newkama, literally 99 moves. I think he has rocket bomb drop kicks incoming, he should be able to make crater explosions. My theory is crater explosions
    I felt like crater explosions were a given. Like a drop bomb concasse from the sky instead of the ground would have devastating effects.

My real question is, if Geppo is no longer special, how can we trust in our boy Sanji to keep it special? As @Overhaul mentioned, Lucci showed off a Soru+Geppo, and that's probably the simplest thing for Sanji to have developed. But using "shonen logic" I could see Sanji using CoO and Diablo Jambe to stay a step ahead of other combatants in the air.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Mm, I guess you might be right about that

Air superiority would be very cool, but for him to fight in the air, he needs long range attacks. Like you suggested, Rankyaku might be an option. It's been heavily predicted before, too.
    Or speed Marco was quite capable of countering Kizaru and all he needed was speed ... and his dope regen abilities, but CoO to dodge incoming attacks + Soru can do the trick
    So aside from 99 recipes, he learned 99 new moves? I dig it. But unless he has been showing them, Oda is missing the chance to show them ever since the TS ...

By crater explosions do you mean something similar to what Ivankov did with his winks? Air pressure? Or just kick from above and create a crater?

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

As BL alluded to, what he got from them were recipes. But he still had to go through 99 masters. Though, I doubt all 99 of them were stronger than Sanji. Regardless, it's something people don't consider very often. Sanji could have learned some Okama/Newkama Kenpo techniques, and just implemented them into his own style.

Would be cool if we could see Red Leg, though, as an homage to Zeff

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

As BL alluded to, what he got from them were recipes. But he still had to go through 99 masters. Though, I doubt all 99 of them were stronger than Sanji. Regardless, it's something people don't consider very often. Sanji could have learned some Okama/Newkama Kenpo techniques, and just implemented them into his own style.

Would be cool if we could see Red Leg, though, as an homage to Zeff
    Wouldn't it be ironic that Sanji's ultimate fighting style / power up is incorportaing Okama Kenpo with Diable Jamble?

For Red Leg, he just needs to light up
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast