Thread: Breath

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Breath

I think Breath is a technique like Rokushiki, Hasshoken and Fishman Karate.

Rokushiki is a testament to the limits that a character has taken their body.

Hasshoken is utilizing sound.

Fishman Karate is utilizing the water in air and in the opp's body.

While Haki is mostly related to living things, Breath, to me, is being able to feel out things that aren't exactly living. What we've seen is that Zoro has been on the brink of death multiple times. This might be the link to this state. He was able to cut Daz, know where his swords were on multiple occasions + where many other things fell when he fought against Daz.

I think that Breath might have a link to Wano. Not only because it has many swordsmen. Zoro took interest in Kinemon's Foxfire style. It can not only cut fire, but it also generates fire. I think the interest is due to Breath possibly being able to cut everything. That including plasma (fire), the DF ability's substances like snow, steel and other states of matter.

I've included Breath in my Frequency theory, but i'd like to get your thoughts on it as we go forward in the story. Even your thoughts on if there's a connection with the other techniques/fighting styles.
    Casual: OP is just power levels

Me:

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I always saw it as kind of a precursor to CoO. But I don't necessarily think CoO means you should feel inanimate objects. But which sword was Zoro able to sense? Was it the Sandai Kitetsu? Because then it might be related to its curse.

Regardless, maybe there is something to it. To feel the breath of steel, or whatever the case may be, and there's something more to learn from it.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    I always saw it as kind of a precursor to CoO. But I don't necessarily think CoO means you should feel inanimate objects. But which sword was Zoro able to sense? Was it the Sandai Kitetsu? Because then it might be related to its curse.

Regardless, maybe there is something to it. To feel the breath of steel, or whatever the case may be, and there's something more to learn from it.
    Many think this, but the Koshiro explanation makes it feel different. I think that it's not Haki, but it might share a basis by EoS.

Zoro was able to locate Shuisui when it was stolen. He didn't sense the Tontatta based on the illustration.

He was able to locate Sandai Kitetsu during W7 when Chopper had it and even Chopper asked how he knew.

He was also able to sense the Wado Ichijimonji during the Daz fight.

Breath can be useful against DF users, especially Logia users. Even though Haki is already a way.

Me:

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Aren't things that "aren't living" devoid of breath tho?

As for why or how Zoro can sense his swords, I'm not really sure. I don't recall exactly if he was sensing shusui when following Wicca, but I think he saw the sword. Or the aura of it.

It's quite possible that the cursed sword has an aura to it, because I remember Zoro mentioning it quite a few times, the aura, or the intent of the sword, being a killer one. It craves for blood, and Zoro mentioned that he had to control it.

So perhaps it's that link that made him able to locate the sword, that special aura. Maybe normal swords don't have it, but cursed or grade swords can have it.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Overhaul View Post
    Aren't things that "aren't living" devoid of breath tho?

As for why or how Zoro can sense his swords, I'm not really sure. I don't recall exactly if he was sensing shusui when following Wicca, but I think he saw the sword. Or the aura of it.

It's quite possible that the cursed sword has an aura to it, because I remember Zoro mentioning it quite a few times, the aura, or the intent of the sword, being a killer one. It craves for blood, and Zoro mentioned that he had to control it.

So perhaps it's that link that made him able to locate the sword, that special aura. Maybe normal swords don't have it, but cursed or grade swords can have it.
    He talks about the falling rocks having a sense of life to them then corrects himself it's not exactly life.
    Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    He talks about the falling rocks having a sense of life to them then corrects himself it's not exactly life.
    Spoiler!
    To add to this
    Shusui
    Spoiler!

Sandai Kitetsu
    Spoiler!

and the Wado Ichimonji from during the Daz fight
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Cockycent; Mar 13th '18 at 08:18 PM.

Me:

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Eeeh, still think that concept/theory is a bit far-fetched

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I can see this possibly being an issue in Wano. If it's split like W7/EL. If there's an arc before the other half of the crew, Marco and some of the Minks reach, it would be:

Zoro + his half of the crew, Heart Pirates, Kinemon + some of the Wano rebels, and possibly some of the Supernova crews like Apoo, Killer, Hawkins etc

vs

Shogun + his backers and some of Kaido's allies/crew.

It would be the first dent against Kaido's organization before the final half, if it's structured like this. The issue would be that Zoro has Shisui and as we seen from someone who was even saved by the SH crew (Kinemon), the people of Wano might not like it. Whether they're a rebel or Shogun backer, they might adjudge Zoro as not worthy. Especially if "Breath" is common among those that they do assert worthy of Shusui. If tearing through the elements and possibly generating some of them is a thing, it would speak to the names that have been brought up like:
    Evening Shower Kanjuro
    Raizo of the Mist
    Foxfire Kinemon
    and those not confirmed Jigoro of the Wind, Shiryu of the Rain

It's sounds nice, but in the end, it's just speculation. Zoro and the others would have to be forced to make a big move. Even though the SH are a magnet for trouble, it's still a long shot. The Supernova would have to believe in Zoro and Law for this to go forward. The news about Doffy hit, but it's Kaido which is a different story. Seeing Kid's state after he stood before Kaido, the Supernova there should have a grasp of what Kaido is about on his own.

Me: