View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter!

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

1 3.85%

8 30.77%

17 65.38%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

One Piece Chapter 898 Discussion and 899 Predictions

"We'll Definitely Return"

One Piece Chapter 898 Discussion and 899 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga Chapter 898 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga Chapter 899

Start reading here @ OPB

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
    1 is worst, 5 is best.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AppleCider For This Useful Post:

FireAngeL  (Mar 16th '18), Outlaw  (Mar 17th '18), Overhaul  (Mar 19th '18)

Senior Member AndrewtheAmericanDude's Avatar
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman entertainer

Alright, it seemed weird to me that Ichiji was no diffed by Katakuri yet Luffy beat him (with Brulee assistance). I don't mean Ichiji=Luffy, but I think he's at least not too far below Sanji. That seems vindicated now to me. Granted that's a decent gap, but still for the difference in stamina to be that high at this level seems weird. And then again there's the moment where Luffy got stuck in Katakuri's mochi at the wedding and needed a water assist from Jinbei, he might've been close to being incapacitated if not for help. So this all seems a little weird to me.

Anyway, Vinsmokes were awesome this chapter, glad they finally showed their prowess. Yonji DOES have a winch! He did the thing! Been waiting for that. Also wow Ichiji was brutal. Now I just want to see them do more lol. Still think another Sanji moment would be nice. He's flying right to the fleet so there's still hope for Daifuku skirmish

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Well, shit. If you ever wanted a battle chapter, this is it pretty much done to perfection, I'd say.

It was predictable how every Vinsmoke got their moment eventually, but it all looked so badass. Germa showed how freaking powerful they can be. How Oven still isn't KOd is beyond me, though The dude is a legit tank. He took that laser thingy through the chest.

Yonji was surprisingly strong, too. But perhaps that's simply where his power lies, in his strength. Regardless, he smashed that ball to bits, and then proceeded to rape everyone in sight.

Niji's speed is kinda ridiculous. He was soooo much faster than Sanji! Now, this is probably because of his suit having boosters or something, but even so. Impressive.

Reiju was saved for the end. Given her powers, it didn't look as epic, but what was cooler is how Oda managed to show just a brief glimpse of a flashback to highlight the bond between the two without having to go into flashbacks, or at least several pages of it.

Aaaaand it makes Sanji look inferior, and now we won't hear the end of it His main goal right now is to get away and escape. He isn't focused on fighting, so I hope that won't become a huge topic.

I loved the fact that Brulee told everyone that Luffy actually defeated Katakuri, fair and square. That will resonate in the world, for sure. Even Mont D'Or heard it, and next to him is Big News Morgans himself. He should've caught wind of this, as should Stussy have. The news will spread, and that makes me hyyyyyyyped for Luffy's bounty!!! One would think it'd jump up to Katakuri's level, but I think more is required to do that. I think he'll be at around 700-800 mill now. The participants will get individual raises, and the ones not present will get the standard 50 for affiliation. I'll get into all of that later.

Now!! The last panel we see is Sanji gtfo'ing, but I think we should all know it won't be that easy. Daifuku is at sea, Snack is among the fleet, I believe, and Smoothie is chasing the SHs. For those(me included) that want Sanji to still have his big moment, his big feat, I still think there are a few chances for it.

But it'd probably have to be within one chapter, depending on what Oda wants to do with chapter 900. If that is the chapter BM goes down, then there's only ch 899 for Sanji to do something. With that said, the arc won't necessarily end at 900. It could go on for a few more. But seriously, the arc is closing in on 80 chapters. I want something new now.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman entertainer

@Nekomamushi I think the Sanji focus wouldn't be too bad if Luffy didn't get 2 big fights in one arc (even if one was a team fight), that just feels so imbalanced to me. If he just got one it could've been portrayed as a hit and run arc, but it came off as Luffy fight central when even Summit War saga at least didn't have the strawhats in the immediate vicinity when it did that.

But yeah I hope we can at least get another quality Sanji moment in the end here (Daifuku!!), and it would make sense to have the Germa show off in build up for it. Parts of this arc seem a little sloppy to me in terms of focus, now that I see Germa show off I partially wish they could've gotten to do more. Hopefully Wano will juggle focus better.

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

just want to clarify that Luffy lost to Katakuri several times before drawing the fight. He got stuck by Katakuri's CoA mochi kick that required Jinbe's help to break him out. He got directly overpowered by Katakuri when using G2 and G3. He got buried by Mirror Mochi and had to eat his way out while also utilizing Katakuri's merienda to hit him while distracted. Boundman Luffy got beaten up by Katakuri's mochi donuts and he needed Brulee to exit the Mirror World and restrategize. Despite fighting defensively and improving CoO, he got hit by Katakuri's Mogura and got KO'd by Katakuri's Mochi Singing Pouch, and Katakuri literally urged Luffy to wake up and continue fighting. Katakuri then equalized the fight by stabbing himself and fought a Luffy with a rapidly increasing CoO. Then Snakeman Luffy with advanced CoO tried to hit Katakuri but got ultimately hit with Sliced Mochi Slayer, with Katakuri also dodging Black Mamba and other fast/unpredictable attacks. The fight ended in a draw with both being KO'd, even though Katakuri could've just dodged King Cobra as opposed to taking it head on.

I think Katakuri just trusted in Luffy and allowed him to break that undefeated streak and family pressure. If Katakuri didn't have a change in heart, Luffy would've lost and died. So it's inaccurate to say Luffy actually defeated Katakuri.

Ichiji getting fodderized by Katakuri but able to damage Oven in a surprise attack makes sense. He's around Sanji's level who is weaker than Luffy. But Luffy after Katakuri fight is far stronger than Luffy before Katakuri fight due to CoO powerup and further strengthening of G4 and CoA and endurance/stamina.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    just want to clarify that Luffy lost to Katakuri several times before drawing the fight. He got stuck by Katakuri's CoA mochi kick that required Jinbe's help to break him out. He got directly overpowered by Katakuri when using G2 and G3. He got buried by Mirror Mochi and had to eat his way out while also utilizing Katakuri's merienda to hit him while distracted. Boundman Luffy got beaten up by Katakuri's mochi donuts and he needed Brulee to exit the Mirror World and restrategize. Despite fighting defensively and improving CoO, he got hit by Katakuri's Mogura and got KO'd by Katakuri's Mochi Singing Pouch, and Katakuri literally urged Luffy to wake up and continue fighting. Katakuri then equalized the fight by stabbing himself and fought a Luffy with a rapidly increasing CoO. Then Snakeman Luffy with advanced CoO tried to hit Katakuri but got ultimately hit with Sliced Mochi Slayer, with Katakuri also dodging Black Mamba and other fast/unpredictable attacks. The fight ended in a draw with both being KO'd, even though Katakuri could've just dodged King Cobra as opposed to taking it head on.

I think Katakuri just trusted in Luffy and allowed him to break that undefeated streak and family pressure. If Katakuri didn't have a change in heart, Luffy would've lost and died. So it's inaccurate to say Luffy actually defeated Katakuri.

Ichiji getting fodderized by Katakuri but able to damage Oven in a surprise attack makes sense. He's around Sanji's level who is weaker than Luffy. But Luffy after Katakuri fight is far stronger than Luffy before Katakuri fight due to CoO powerup and further strengthening of G4 and CoA and endurance/stamina.

Keep holding that L We all know if there was a rematch between the two of them, right now, both healed up, Luffy would eventually win.

And you mention all of that stuff, yet forget to mention Luffy was in a 12 hour battle not long before this one, and after that, he had to fight the Enraged Army. Then he nearly tore his arms off, went and fought some more, and starved. And then he had a minimum amount of rest before they had to fight again. But hey, Luffy was the one who got the advantages in the fight

@AndrewtheAmericanDude, sorry, didn't see your post there. I'll reply after some sleep.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

What the.... Germa Rangers is that strong????
    Even Sanji looks pale compare to his brothers, maybe because he is carrying Luffy.
    now they know how strong Luffy is.
    maybe Someone will stopped Sanji before he arrived at Sunny, next chapter

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post

Keep holding that L We all know if there was a rematch between the two of them, right now, both healed up, Luffy would eventually win.

And you mention all of that stuff, yet forget to mention Luffy was in a 12 hour battle not long before this one, and after that, he had to fight the Enraged Army. Then he nearly tore his arms off, went and fought some more, and starved. And then he had a minimum amount of rest before they had to fight again. But hey, Luffy was the one who got the advantages in the fight

@AndrewtheAmericanDude, sorry, didn't see your post there. I'll reply after some sleep.
    apparently the milk (that restored his lost tooth), rest and the mochi snack basically restored his health completely. Katakuri strained himself more since he also fought others alongside Luffy.

Tbh it's weird Luffy was able to solo two Top Commanders in two days when Ace fought Jinbe to a draw in 5 days before joining Whitebeard's crew. Kinda shows Luffy has a faster growth progression than Ace

I mean the only other one who fought two Top Commanders and a Yonko crew in shorter time was Akainu...
    Last edited by AppleCider; Mar 16th '18 at 05:38 AM.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Chapter was awesome at best. Sure it did steal a hell lot of shine from Sanji, but its ok. At least Germa showed why they're feared. At the tea party, maybe they weren't ready to fight and survive.
    Maybe there is huge gap b/w Katakuri/commander and Oven/veteran than I initially predicted. But man Oven tanked that shit nearly alright.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post

Luffy got rest and food. He has comically even shown to be able to heal gaping wounds just by eating meat. Let's not ignore the Looney Tunes logic that we're dealing with here. He was fine and was not stated to be in poor condition. In the case of Katakuri, after boundman ran out, Luffy would've been killed if not for Brulee. He also was able to recover haki while he had escaped which was more in his favor than Katakuri's considering Katakuri hadn't received much damage or fatigue by that point. So it gave Luffy more openings. Also Katakuri didn't finish Luffy several times when he was on the ground and even told him to get back up. Katakuri also gave himself the same wound that Luffy received as a result of foul play. So I wouldn't take this fight as fair and square. Luffy even said that a pirate battle has no rules.

@FireAngeL I think it's just that Oven got impaled, it's different from things you take with regular durability. But he is still conscious which is pretty impressive. He might not have been expecting that.

Spoiler!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast