View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter!

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

5 20.83%

19 79.17%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

One Piece Chapter 899 Discussion and 900 Predictions

"The Last Stand"

One Piece Chapter 899 Discussion and 900 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga Chapter 899 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga Chapter 900

Start reading here @ OPB

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
    1 is worst, 5 is best.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AppleCider For This Useful Post:

FireAngeL  (Mar 23rd '18), Overhaul  (Mar 23rd '18)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Damn, you're quick with the threads.

Aaaaaaaalright! Finally, the chapter is out! As far as chapters go when you compare it to the most recent ones, it's okay. The thing with the story now, everything is unfolding just as we've predicted. Oda set up Germa showing up on Cacao, and he also set up that the Sun Pirates were going to help out, too. So in that sense, you could look at it as underwhelming.

Instead, I look at it as all the set-up finally paying off. From here on out, we really don't know what's going to happen. I'm interested in seeing BM's reaction to the cake. Will she simply heal from it and be restored to her usual self? That doesn't seem like something Oda would do at all. I'm still banking on that theory I had that it will give her flashbacks to her youth, or remove the curtain from the times she blacked out, rather.

Morgans and Stussy have escaped, which is awesome. I'm just hoping Stussy doesn't kill Morgans because he wants to put this in the news. But why would she want to stop that? A weakened Yonko is kind of their goal, I'd say. Well, killing a Yonko. But this makes her vulnerable against other forces.
    Or are they leaving for other reasons? Maybe a Buster Call, perhaps?

Daifuku's genie wasn't this big before! Holy shit, it's massive! And then Sanji blocked that huge ass attack. It's annoying how we still can't see Sanji using Koka Haki, though. His foot does seem blacker in the panel of the attack, but he's so small that it's hard to tell.

Judge yelling at Luffy about Sanji, it's interesting to see what the Vinsmokes are doing now. At least Judge. He's helping them escape, but it's like he's trying to figure out what makes Sanji so special, when all he saw was a failure. That's at least what I got from it. Why else would he bother helping them, other than to not be indebted?

Wadatsumi is freaking huge. It has to be said. The ships aren't even as big as his eyes.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts entertainer

Great Chapter!

I heard a lot of people complaining about Sanji’s characterisation this arc (me included) and how he’s just taking Ls. I thought that Sanji would've needed to show strength to prove his worth, but with this chapter; Oda has very cleverly and brilliantly emphasised that that’s not the case. Judge thinks Sanji is worthless and a failure because he is only good at cooking and lacks any strength, pride or royalty. This was never meant to set up Sanji having this big epic fight to showcase him being the strongest. The message instead is that what Judge considers worth isn’t actually worth at all. Worth is not measured by strength, pride or royalty.

Judge admits that Sanji is good at cooking, but he considers it completely worthless. Sanji's cake has been hyped up to be able to knock Big Mom out if she eats it. Sanji considers that her defeat. What more of an L would it be to Judge if Sanji is able to take down Big Mom with his cooking (the very thing Judge deemed to be worthless), whereas despite their lack of emotions, and them having the "greatest power", it still resulted in Big Mom absolutely annihilating them in mere seconds.

Sanji doesn't need to prove that he is stronger than them. By dealing in strength, that is basically admitting that Judge is right in the fact that worth should be measured in strength.

If Sanji proves that he can accomplish more (such as defeating a Yonko with his cooking) despite retaining his humanity (like Sora wanted) then that completely proves Judge wrong and becomes the full resolution for Sanji’s character arc.

In a Shounen manga, where everything is always about being the strongest fighter and these epic “badass” moments for characters to show off their physical strengths all the time... I personally found this Chapter incredibly profound and engaging.

This is classic One Piece Greatness!

(4.5/5)
    Last edited by KingOfThePirates; Mar 23rd '18 at 05:08 AM.

Senior Member AndrewtheAmericanDude's Avatar
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman entertainer

That was a beautiful chapter :')

I love how the cake is being built up to, and its effects will be seen far and wide. I like how the Big Mom Pirates have accepted their fate being tied to this cake. I like how the strawhats wrecked their forces yet Sanji was still a cool guy with his creed in the end. Also Capone talking about how the strawhats better escape after all of this, he DOES care!!

Some quality strawhat moments. Judge demanding answers was a really cool moment. Really shows the impact of their actions. Luffy acknowledging all the listed thing as what he loves about Sanji was really pure and awesome, so was Jinbei having a hard laugh after all that. Funny and legit. All this Smoothie army positioning is giving me Kingdom vibes and that's dope, finally we're getting naval action!

DAIFUKU IS BACK! Finally got to see his power again! Dang that is a big genie and its reaching far too. Sanji with the one legged kick block thoooo. Wadatsumi and the Sun Pirates save the day!! I love seeing all the bonds work out in their favor. And they only hit the front, which means the genie is still in the back (probably)! Maybe now Judge can see that Sanji's humanity didn't impede his battle prowess one bit!

Also news gonna be spread is getting hype. Big Mom gonna eat cake next chapter prob. I'd like to see the Daifuku battle continue if possible, man this was awesome, so much content in one chapter. In spite of not being too keen on Sanji's new flashback earlier, this Germa stuff is finally shaping up to be quite great overall. I hope Judge sees how many waves Sanji's cake makes.

5/5

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Awesome conclusion to the chapter, the remaining plot points are getting tied up to the story, logically too Looks like the arc's getting wrapped up with increasing pace. This isn't very good for the fishmen in the long run nonetheless, I guess. Big Mom's not exactly the forgiving kind and Fishman Island is her territory sooo...

Uff Judge, get yo head outta yo ass. Luffy's comment about him listing Sanji's good qualitys was funny though It also quite interestingly shows how different the Strawhats' perspective to pirating is.

Sanji vs. Daifuku in chapter 900? Wouldn't mind that, that's for sure.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I'm excited to see Sanji vs Daifuku fight. The only question is where will it be held? If Sanji goes to Smoothie's ship to fight Daifuku, he'd be dead for sure. However, if Daifuku goes to Sunny and fights Sanji there, Sunny will be more broken or even the fight could end quickly because there's no way Sanji will fight Daifuku by himself. Jinbe, Chopper, Carrot and even Nami will help him and Daifuku will lose easily...

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Whatever concerns a possible matchup between Daifuku and Sanji, I only see one or two possibilities.

1 - Sanji kicks the genie so hard it's sent flying to Smoothie's ship, crashing in and defeating Daifuku with the sheer strength of the impact.

2 - Sanji flies over Smoothie's ship and prepares the same finishing move he used on Luffy. It's hard to land on a moving character, but not on a ship.
    Daifuku will try to block it with his genie, fail to, and will be sent crashing to the depths of the sea (or the ship).

Why won't Smoothie try to block it? Two possible reasons:

1 - Daifuku may try to block the attack in the air where Smoothie can't reach.
    2 - Her brothers are always getting ahead of her and doing stuff for her. She has the little sister syndrome, relying on her older brothers. Kinda like old-time women who always relied on men to get things done.

I liked the focus on the cake and Peros explaining the situation. Plus, everyone's reaction to Big Mom rampage. Poor citizens gave up their souls and made a deal with the devil to be protected from Yonkos and pirates, but they're being attacked by the very person who promised to protect them. FeelsBadMan

It's also good to see Peros' injuries taking effect. He was just trying to be a tough badass and endure the pain while trying to deal with this situation, which tells quite a bit about his character. He puts his family well being above himself. Or maybe his family reputation.

Sanji not giving a crap about the bullet wound was cool. "Oh, this??"

As expected, the Sun Pirates arrive to destabilize the pursuing fleet. FeelsGoodMan
    Wadatsumi looked awesome there, and so did all of the Sun Pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfThePirates View Post
    Great Chapter!

I heard a lot of people complaining about Sanji’s characterisation this arc (me included) and how he’s just taking Ls. I thought that Sanji would've needed to show strength to prove his worth, but with this chapter; Oda has very cleverly and brilliantly emphasised that that’s not the case. Judge thinks Sanji is worthless and a failure because he is only good at cooking and lacks any strength, pride or royalty. This was never meant to set up Sanji having this big epic fight to showcase him being the strongest. The message instead is that what Judge considers worth isn’t actually worth at all. Worth is not measured by strength, pride or royalty.

Judge admits that Sanji is good at cooking, but he considers it completely worthless. Sanji's cake has been hyped up to be able to knock Big Mom out if she eats it. Sanji considers that her defeat. What more of an L would it be to Judge if Sanji is able to take down Big Mom with his cooking (the very thing Judge deemed to be worthless), whereas despite their lack of emotions, and them having the "greatest power", it still resulted in Big Mom absolutely annihilating them in mere seconds.

Sanji doesn't need to prove that he is stronger than them. By dealing in strength, that is basically admitting that Judge is right in the fact that worth should be measured in strength.

If Sanji proves that he can accomplish more (such as defeating a Yonko with his cooking) despite retaining his humanity (like Sora wanted) then that completely proves Judge wrong and becomes the full resolution for Sanji’s character arc.

In a Shounen manga, where everything is always about being the strongest fighter and these epic “badass” moments for characters to show off their physical strengths all the time... I personally found this Chapter incredibly profound and engaging.

This is classic One Piece Greatness!

(4.5/5)
    That was brilliantly explained. Well done. I agree with everything you've said.

Made me realize that fans wanting only battle feats from Sanji are quite like Judge and that Oda and Luffy are like "I don't give a crap about that"
    Last edited by Overhaul; Mar 23rd '18 at 11:49 AM.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin navigator

So COOL!! #900 IS GONNA RULE!!
    You will fight like a real soldier fights. You will forget what Hollywood taught you. Ocelot

Senior Member AndrewtheAmericanDude's Avatar
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman entertainer

I feel like people disagreed with me when I said he cake was all Sanji needed to do. But at the same time, I think he could also get a short fight. Show he doesn't have to care about Judge he can do all the things he wants.

Jinbei steering the ship could prevent him from helping with Daifuku.

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by SniperKing View Post
    Awesome conclusion to the chapter, the remaining plot points are getting tied up to the story, logically too Looks like the arc's getting wrapped up with increasing pace. This isn't very good for the fishmen in the long run nonetheless, I guess. Big Mom's not exactly the forgiving kind and Fishman Island is her territory sooo...

Uff Judge, get yo head outta yo ass. Luffy's comment about him listing Sanji's good qualitys was funny though It also quite interestingly shows how different the Strawhats' perspective to pirating is.

Sanji vs. Daifuku in chapter 900? Wouldn't mind that, that's for sure.
    FI is Luffy's territory

I still have to disagree about the things Judge said. Like I said earlier, it's like he's looking for what he missed in Sanji that makes him special. At least that's what it feels like to me.

Quote Originally Posted by syaidsetio View Post
    I'm excited to see Sanji vs Daifuku fight. The only question is where will it be held? If Sanji goes to Smoothie's ship to fight Daifuku, he'd be dead for sure. However, if Daifuku goes to Sunny and fights Sanji there, Sunny will be more broken or even the fight could end quickly because there's no way Sanji will fight Daifuku by himself. Jinbe, Chopper, Carrot and even Nami will help him and Daifuku will lose easily...
    Hmm, that makes me wonder. Perhaps hurting the genie hurts Daifuku, too. Kinda like how Robin's DF works. Because given how he can fight from such a distance, if he can't be hurt through the genie, it's an incredible advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewtheAmericanDude View Post
    I feel like people disagreed with me when I said he cake was all Sanji needed to do. But at the same time, I think he could also get a short fight. Show he doesn't have to care about Judge he can do all the things he wants.

Jinbei steering the ship could prevent him from helping with Daifuku.
    I still think Sanji needs to have some fighting feats, just for us fans, so we know where he places in the OP world. But the way he blocked Daifuku's attack, with seemingly relative ease, makes it clear that there's nothing to worry about with Sanji. It won't be an asspull if he beats someone really strong next arc. But I still would like to see something.

Yeah, if the world finds out he made that cake, then he'll be known as the guy who saved Totto Land, which is pretty cool. But it won't be spun that way in the news

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast