View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter!

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll

1 3.70%

0 0%

2 7.41%

4 14.81%

20 74.07%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

One Piece Chapter 900 Discussion and 901 Predictions

"Bad End Musical"

One Piece Chapter 900 Discussion and 901 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga Chapter 900 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga Chapter 901

Start reading here @ OPB

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
    1 is worst, 5 is best.

Last edited by AppleCider; Mar 30th '18 at 06:15 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AppleCider For This Useful Post:

FireAngeL  (Mar 30th '18)

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

One of the BEST chapters in the entire series!

Whole Cake Island is now officially in my Top 5 Arcs, up there with Enies Lobby, Sabaody Archipelago, Marineford and Dressrosa.

The way Oda used the Cake subplot was absolutely genius. He subverted HIS own romanticised, unconventional way of storytelling by making everyone believe the Cake would take down Big Mom due to the implications it had for Sanji’s character development (as it was in juxtaposition against Judge’s comments last chapter that his skills would be “worthless”...) and managed to pull off a twist that no one saw coming!

One Piece has always been about these wacky solutions to otherwise serious and dangerous problems, (it is one of the very few heavily romanticised Shounens after all...), and to see Oda break that convention just shows what a brilliant writer he is - that he can still sweep the rug under the fans 900 chapters in. The twist doesn’t come completely from left field either. We KNOW what a fierce character Big Mom is supposed to be. Her title as a YONKO means she is quite literally one of the rarest exceptions to the rules that are established within One Piece.

The musical parallel to the first time Big Mom was introduced at the beginning of the arc in this chapter with Big Mom’s ecstasy directly contrasting the Straw Hats’ terror and destruction, once again symbolically representing Big Mom’s power and link to the Homies, and also the parallel to the Mother Caramel chapter in the ambiguity of this chapter, is just what makes One Piece so special and many steps above its contemporaries. It was breathtaking.

There’s very clearly a major Sanji Redemption coming up soon but I have to say; I absolutely love how Sanji’s been continuously challenged and beat down in this arc. Everything from his fighting abilities to his chivalry and now his cooking skills has been challenged and put into question for the first time in the series, and with this dilemma, it’s just gonna make that eventual W all the more satisfying.

10/10

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

That was awesome.
    I am rather intrigued to see what happens next.
    Thank goodness she is finally back.

Senior Member AndrewtheAmericanDude's Avatar
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman entertainer

My one stipulation about this ending was that there didn't seem to be much room left for speculation, I was proven wrong. Man this chapter was exciting. Big Mom and her crew's might is put on the forefront. Perilous scenarios awaiting all the parties. Awesome music. There's even the aspect that we can potentially extrapolate a bit on Big Mom's character. Does she know what happened in her past? Is she ok with that? I'd argue that her words here seemingly implied some consciousness of it.

Our resident Snakeman makes a good point, technically Sanji's W is still on the table. It would seem that there's still room for him to do something else now, as the cake hasn't given us resolution yet. Potentially he can do something else to resolve their danger.

Current expectations are that Sunny is reeeally damaged yet the base of it is still intact unlike with Merry. No I don't think it was a mirage, I don't think a mirage would carry a jolly roger into the water with such realistic physics lol. I'd sooner believe Oda did the whole "IT GOT HIT oh it was someone else" like with Nami and Brook earlier against Big Mom, but then that still leaves the matter of the jolly roger.

It looks really bad for Germa. Judge could maaaybe take Snack, but Snack has back up. They'll need some kind of assistance. Such a scenario implies that whatever happens next will be big enough to save more than just the Strawhats. So here's what I'm thinking:

Maybe Buster Call

Stussy and Morgan had to get out somehow. Why would a CP0 agent be out there and not have contact with someone? Those contacts could be nearby. A buster call would be a large sweeping event that would save Germa as well. The strawhats could use that chaos to mount an escape wherein Sanji could potentially do something.

Shout outs to Mont D'or's field control, it seems that the unity of the BM pirates is greater than expected.

Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Here's the thing. We didn't actually see contact. We know the Sunny can fly (assuming they have fuel, they haven't made any moves to prep a burst). So that's A). It could have even been a glancing blow.

Second, there's still some wild cards. Sulong Pekoms for 1. Also, it seems like the homies are super over eager now, which may be almost as bad as them being "hungry".

And finally, this feels like a dream to me. They mentioned the dreamy quality of the taste a couple times, and the tag line at the end called it a nightmare. Could this dream-like bliss be the power of Sanji's cream? Maybe parts are a dream, and others aren't?

The way I see it shaping out is that the Strawhats do something kooky to complete remove themselves from being surrounded. Germa gets captured and the Sun Pirates escape. Sanji goes back to help Germa escape? Something along those lines.

Those bullets may be effective against Germa's skin armor, but Sanji has CoO and is fast, so they won't even hit him. This is really his moment to shine.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman

What a chapter, mate.

5/5 Now give me a Marine/WG attack next to explain why they make it out alive anyway please

Edit: Oh Andrew already said that.
    "Let's have some fun, this beat is sick. I wanna take a ride on your discostick!"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Latest Blog post - Superhero Movies 2017 - Ranked

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman

My question is, are the events unfolding happening in reality or is it daydreaming on Big Mom’s part?

It all seems like she’s imagining all of these because such a traumatic event like this would happen over a longer pace by Oda standards like all the panels of Ace and Whitebeard’s death, Usopp vs Luffy strawhat against Strawhat always takes chapters. But Strawhats have been advancing dodging bullets left and right even growing balls to punch a Yonko off of their ship every Strawhat present fought her but all of a sudden we get a chapter already including Big Mom’s flashbacks and daydreams and one throw of a bomb demolishes the Strawhats ship?

Not just plot armor but this whole arc has been one huge stalemate with every organization surviving something that should take them out

Sun pirates and this sea boiling
    Pekoms getting shot
    Firetank pirates inside Big Father getting pummeled by a Yonko
    Strawhats surviving everything impossible
    Big Mom pirates castle collapsing but Strussen being the only injured
    Germa getting beaten up by the BM pirates

And all of a sudden this blitz defeat? What changed now that Big Mom ate a cake? Her crew grew stronger too?

Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin

@AppleCider I am caught up once again. Bring it on

It was a great chapter, I absolutely loved the musical part and how everything were set into place. I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed at how "easy" the Strawhats managed to slip from the BMs all the time. At the same time, I like how Oda highlited the weaknesses that can come with arrogance and certainty.

I think someone mentioned that we didn't see contact, but it clearly depicts a ship blasted, one that looks like the sunny.
    Of course, it's possible that they used the submarine to avoid the fleet and use the sunny as a decoy. In such case I can see Jinbe falling behind to give them an escape route. Nami could also use her mirage techniques to create an illusion of the ship, even though it will be on a higher level of her abilities, but it's about time she gets stronger as well.
    I will be very sad if the sunny is destroyed

As for the cake, I don't think it's considered a failure from Sanji's part. BM clearly mentioned that it was one of the best things she ever tasted, one that reminded her one of her happiest memories.
    It was somewhat expected that she wouldn't be knocked out or "defeated" by the cake. Food is part of her strength, it's what balances her, both physically and mentally.
    Perhaps the flavour is so good that it will awaken her memory and recall what she did that day. And thus fall in one of her depression sessions again, giving time to the Strawhats to escape.
    Last edited by Aertes; Mar 30th '18 at 01:13 PM.

"I of course represent the perfect balance.
    Wit, physical prowess and a multitude of talents to match my natural grace. When combined with my extraordinary ability to waste it all, you see, standing before you, the exquisite culmination"
    the 9th

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin navigator

WOW. I have seen the day. I wonder what the fuuuuuuuuu

The imagery is great, that song was phenomenal. How much is true? If they are dead, can they be revived? Or will Blackbeard become Pirate King?? Zoro would end up taking down Kaido himself, that's no fun.. if he doesn't get lost!!
    You will fight like a real soldier fights. You will forget what Hollywood taught you. Ocelot

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

great chapter

meaby white beard pirate show up somehow and mamushi and save up tham

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast