Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Overhaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    21,871
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    3,632
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    assassin entertainer


    Sanji vs Oven, a heated battle!

    No, this is not a Vs thread template where we will debate who wins between the two based on their fighting abilities.

    Instead, I aim to discuss their heat power.

    Diable Jamble



    Sanji's Diable Jamble doesn't have an outside source, as fas as we know. It comes from Sanji's own power and ability to, first, rotate fast enough in order to generate heat in his legs, and lately, to combust himself in an instant just by wanting to do it, no rotation needed.


    Netsu Netsu no Mi (Heat Heat)



    As for Oven, his powers come from a much more ... simple source. It's a Devil Fruit power. It allows him to generate heat in his body parts at will, and even apply it to objects and areas surrounding his body.


    DF power vs Non DF power

    Now like we've seen before in One Piece, similar powers or abilities can clash and one can come out on top.
    Mera (fire) vs Magu (magma) ended up in a result we all know too well. Akainu claimed he burned hotter than Ace's fire, and therefore he was able to burn and damage Ace. Oda has also mentioned in a SBS that Devil Fruits can have an hierarchical order, with Magma being superior to Fire, Ice to Snow and Weapon to Blade.

    Seeing how we're talking about Devil Fruit powers, I'd also like to point out that just because one's power comes from a Devil Fruit does not make it better than someone's power who doesn't.
    Zoro was able to cut through Daz Bones. Blade vs Blade, and the non DF power won.
    Franky was able to damage Baby 5 with weapons even though she is a Weapon herself.
    Kyros was able to twist Buffalo's neck even though his own power is spinning!
    Hajruudin was able to counter Machvise's weight with his own strength.


    That said, just because Oven's power come from a DF does not make him inherently superior than Sanji's. Such logic would be like saying that Akainu, Ace or Sabo couldn't be burned, or wouldn't be able to burn Oven, because he's heat himself.



    Who's hotter?

    Now, comparing powers, Oven's seem to be able to affect a much larger area than Sanji's. He was able to burn the sea to a degree that the Sun Pirates (heh, clever ... sun, heat, burn ...) wouldn't be able to get close to the surface and help the Straw Hats.

    Spoiler!



    On the other hand, Sanji's powers are much more focused. The area that they affect is the focus point of his kicks, even though it can be as big to torch a giant tentacle underwater or an enlarged giant puff fish.

    Spoiler!



    The point I want to compare is how hot can each of them get

    Who can output more heat and who would win a heated battle?

    We know Oven is more capable of heating up a larger area than Sanji, but that doesn't mean he's able to heat it up as much as Sanji can in one focal point. A tech torch can irradiate much more heat in a focused single point than an oven in a larger area. More area doesn't mean more heat.

    As the spoiler tags show, Wadatsumi was larger than normal (he puffed himself up) and had taken the energy steroids who allowed him to tank more damage and deal more damage, yet he was defeated and burnt to a crisp by Sanji's Hells Memories, who affected his whole body.

    On the other hand, Oven's attack didn't seem to KO Wadatsumi completely, as he is seen withdrawing and complaining about the heat, altho in big pain. For one, I'm not sure he's completely taken out.


    Many fans seem to think that Oven's heat is superior than Sanji just given the fact that they come from a Devil Fruit power and that they can cover a big area. And you? What do you think?
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!




  2. #2
    AppleCider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    apple orchard
    Posts
    19,672
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    23,155
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    swordsman doctor


    so Akainu is hotter than Sabo/Ace who is hotter than Sanji who is hotter than Oven?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Alibaba Saluja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    859
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    567
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0


    I guess Oven can be otter than Sanji
    but doesn't really matter since none of them is affected by heat imo (nor are their clothes for some reason lol)

  4. #4
    Overhaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    21,871
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    3,632
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    assassin entertainer


    Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    so Akainu is hotter than Sabo/Ace who is hotter than Sanji who is hotter than Oven?
    Depends on how strong their mastery over the fruit is

    Quote Originally Posted by Alibaba Saluja View Post
    I guess Oven can be otter than Sanji
    but doesn't really matter since none of them is affected by heat imo (nor are their clothes for some reason lol)
    What makes you say that? any evidence?

    I'm not really sure neither of them can be affected by outside sources of heat. It's like saying if they were both thrown to the sun they'd be fine. It's also like saying they'd be immune to fighting Ace and Akainu.
    And I gave examples that people can be affected by higher degrees or stronger applications of their power in One Piece.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!




  5. #5
    Senior Member Alibaba Saluja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    859
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    567
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Overhaul View Post
    What makes you say that? any evidence?

    I'm not really sure neither of them can be affected by outside sources of heat. It's like saying if they were both thrown to the sun they'd be fine. It's also like saying they'd be immune to fighting Ace and Akainu.
    And I gave examples that people can be affected by higher degrees or stronger applications of their power in One Piece.
    because the way i see them is both are one heat source , Sanji's heat source applied in the ocean didn't affect it so i guess it wasn't enough (vs Kraken he used DJ underwater if my memory is good) while Oven can heat up the ocean

    kinda using Thermodinamics on this one since I have nothing else

    on the second part , yeah you are right I guess

  6. #6
    Overhaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    21,871
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    3,632
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    assassin entertainer


    Quote Originally Posted by Alibaba Saluja View Post
    because the way i see them is both are one heat source , Sanji's heat source applied in the ocean didn't affect it so i guess it wasn't enough (vs Kraken he used DJ underwater if my memory is good) while Oven can heat up the ocean

    kinda using Thermodinamics on this one since I have nothing else

    on the second part , yeah you are right I guess
    Yeah, he did and he grilled Surume's tentacle.

    Not sure about thermodynamics, but radius and area don't always mean a stronger heat source. Size isn't everything I'm not going to enter physics, but instead will use real-life examples.

    A smaller source of heat can potentially be stronger than a source of heat that affects a larger radius, can't it?

    A fireplace will produce a bigger amount of heat while affecting a smaller area than what a heater or AC does.

    Same can be applied between an oven and a small flame. The flame can be burning much hotter, but it won't heat up the surrounding area as much as an oven will
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!




  7. #7
    Nekomamushi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Lillehammer!
    Posts
    25,191
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    50,049
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0


    Hard to say. Like, what if Oven awakens his DF? What will it do then?

    But regardless, I don't think Oven's heat is stronger than Sanji's. Although, I contend it doesn't matter, becaue Oven can still be hit regardless.

    But I think it'd be awesome to see Sanji handle Oven's heat. He's said before that as a chef, he's not worried about getting burned. It'd be a cool feat to see Sanji actually burn Oven.

    As you mentioned, the application might be the difference. Oven acts like an oven. He spreads heat, while Sanji usually contains it, except for Hell Memories. So maybe it comes down to that.

    Imagine if Sanji can absorb heat

    - All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

  8. #8
    Gamepad Puncher Segata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Usopp's Rubberband Land
    Posts
    423
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    517
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    Hard to say. Like, what if Oven awakens his DF? What will it do then?
    How do we know he's not using awakening? For example when he got out of the mirror and heated up the surrounding water without even touching it.

  9. #9
    Nekomamushi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Lillehammer!
    Posts
    25,191
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    50,049
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    How do we know he's not using awakening? For example when he got out of the mirror and heated up the surrounding water without even touching it.
    It's possible he is, but I think he's actually touching the water. If he wasn't, he'd do the same against Capone and them earlier in the arc. Though, if he isn't actually touching the water, maybe he just needs to be in the water, as he was on land then, but on a ship now.

    - All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

  10. #10
    Overhaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    21,871
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    3,632
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    assassin entertainer


    Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    It's possible he is, but I think he's actually touching the water. If he wasn't, he'd do the same against Capone and them earlier in the arc. Though, if he isn't actually touching the water, maybe he just needs to be in the water, as he was on land then, but on a ship now.
    It's possible that he can heat up other stuff aside from himself through awakening, yes. Because I can't see what else could be his awakening.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!




Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •