Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

Will the Germa join the Revolutionaries?

Due to the WCI Incident, the Germa got kicked out of the World Government. Their alliance with Big Mom Pirates also collapsed. Sanji doesn’t want to have any interactions with them. So what will the Germa do? Their technology serves as a huge asset and they are currently being watched by Marines and pirate crews.

So why not have the Germa join the Revolutionary Army? Their technology can significantly strengthen them and they can work well with some commanders like Lindbergh. They can oppose the World Government for ditching them.

What are your thoughts?

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

It's possible, but I think that now that Strawhat is an Emporer of the Seas, Germa aligning with them makes a lot more sense. Germa knew that entering into a political relationship with Big Mom would lose their standing with the WG, but they were willing to do that to have a Yonko's flag while conquering the North Blue. I don't see why that would be any different for Strawhat. They need Yonko level protection, and while it is possible that the Revs can provide that, a Yonko's flag does it better and more publicly, and Strawhat is the only Yonko that we know of that Germa has a workable relationship with.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I don't think that's likely to happen. Germa shouldn't be pissed about losing their position within the WG. They knew the consequences of making an alliance with BM would have the same outcome. Teaming up with Luffy would also have a similar outcome, but given Luffy's status now, it turned out to be the same.

I said it's not likely, but I don't think it's impossible. I'm just not sure why the Revs would want to be associated with them. In their most desperate moment, maybe.

Instead, maybe we'll see a cover story for them, where we see what their next choice is. Perhaps they try to team up with another Yonko, such as BB, or maybe Judge tries to band together the scientist group he was a part of again. Maybe they team up with Caesar, and he can use his scientific abilities to combine it with Judge's.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I don't think so personally, mostly because of the vibes that I'm getting from them. They're not the goodie goodie kind who would be interested in fighting for the freedom of people, which is basically what the revolutionary army is about. Even if they were kicked out of the WG, I don't think that WG is interested in fighting them at the moment. This seems even more probable to me now that we know that the revs are planning to declare a war against the celestial dragons.

On a different note, I felt that the plotline with Germa was left wide open at the end of WCI. I was a bit bummed by this, because I would've liked to see more of a closure for their relationship with Sanji. Oh well, I guess this means that it'll be handled later on.

Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts scientist

Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    Due to the WCI Incident, the Germa got kicked out of the World Government. Their alliance with Big Mom Pirates also collapsed. Sanji doesn’t want to have any interactions with them. So what will the Germa do? Their technology serves as a huge asset and they are currently being watched by Marines and pirate crews.

So why not have the Germa join the Revolutionary Army? Their technology can significantly strengthen them and they can work well with some commanders like Lindbergh. They can oppose the World Government for ditching them.

What are your thoughts?
    Because the Germa were the ones trying to put ppl under a tyrannical rule. <_<. I mean look at their kingdom, and then look at the Revolutionaries. One is a kingdom of throw away soldiers that they use as meat shields, the other is an army that supports those who are being taken advantage of and many of their soldiers personify the spirit of freedom...whether from gender or whatever else.

I mean they can be an asset sure, but the two groups aren't really compatible as they currently stand.

At the moment i can best see Germa continuing their exploits as what i can see to be a mercenary group. (Whatever they were doing when they were introduced
    Last edited by Yomi; May 14th '18 at 01:25 AM.
    Commander
    Saya | 6.1 | Calamity's Rebirth | Travel Log | ??? XP | ??? Gold

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Like others have mentioned, their morales are way too different to work as permanent allies. Germa doesn't care about people, they only care about power and military might.

The Revolutionary army on the other hand is risking their necks for the good of the common people. So that the oppressive World Government can be brought to an end, for the greater good and freedom of all races and people.

However, that is not to say they won't form a temporary alliance in a very specific situation, where both share a common goal. We've seen such cases happen with Crocodile, Luffy and the Whitebeard Pirates. Most recently, with Bege, Luffy and Germa itself.

They weren't permanent alliances like Luffy's and Law's (so far), but they shared a common goal. So perhaps the Revs and Germa can ally to fight the World Government in a very specific circumstance.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I don't think they'd be allowed to join the Revolutionary army. I'd say you have to be a "good person" in the eyes of Dragon to be able to join the Revolutioanries. Now i'm not sure since we haven't seen much of the recruitement process, except for Sabo and the Belo Betty lady advertising to the townsfolk in the last chapter, but it seems like having a good moral is a bigger factor than power levels when joining the Revolutionaries and the Germas are far away from meeting that quota.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Wewkewl View Post
    I don't think they'd be allowed to join the Revolutionary army. I'd say you have to be a "good person" in the eyes of Dragon to be able to join the Revolutioanries. Now i'm not sure since we haven't seen much of the recruitement process, except for Sabo and the Belo Betty lady advertising to the townsfolk in the last chapter, but it seems like having a good moral is a bigger factor than power levels when joining the Revolutionaries and the Germas are far away from meeting that quota.
    Kuma The Tyrant does make him look like quite the good guy
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Overhaul View Post
    Kuma The Tyrant does make him look like quite the good guy
    Wait what? Kuma's a good bro no?