View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter!

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

1 3.33%

1 3.33%

28 93.33%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

One Piece Chapter 908 Discussion and 909 Predictions

"The Reverie Begins"

One Piece Chapter 908 Discussion and 909 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga Chapter 908 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga Chapter 909

Start reading here @ OPB
    Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
    1 is worst, 5 is best.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AppleCider For This Useful Post:

FireAngeL  (Jun 15th '18), Outlaw  (Jun 17th '18), Overhaul  (Jun 16th '18)

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

And now even more speculation will begin Maybe the Holy Treasure of Mary Geoise isn't a thing, a weapon or that strawhat or anything like that but actually this Im-sama, the supposed "God". Guess we can now also assume that during the Void Century a big cleansing already took place to protect the so-called "balance of the world". Looks like this might be the EOS enemy and not Blackbeard. Would also explain why Roger even after reaching Raftel and finding One Piece haven't done anything further with it, with One Piece being the thing allowing one to defeat "God" and Roger being ill and too weak to reach Mary Geoise and Pangaea. Just some little theory of my own though it brings the vibes of Soul King and Bleach so on second thought I think I would rather have it turned out completely different.

Another great chapter from Oda. So many questions.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Oda threw some curveballs this chapter.

He basically introduced the big bad in this chapter. The leader of it all I wonder if other people beside the Gorosei, and that caretaker or whatever, knows about her.

Or does she just show up once in a while to say "This guy has to be erased from history!" and things like that? She seems to stay secluded, and the Gorosei were surprised to see her. So whenever she shows up, shit is about to go down. Now I wonder what else she has decided in the past. Who knows how old she is? She might have set in motion the Void Century.

The Gorosei soured a bit for me this chapter, too. I thought they were somewhat more reasonable, maybe not as evil as people would have them be. But calling Cobra's ancestors traitors, saying the world basically needs to be purged again. That's something else hinting at the Void Century.

Did NOT expect to see Bonney in this chapter! That was a pleasant surprise. I wonder what her plans are. Knowing her, she probably wants to assassinate someone. And she was sad for... KUMA!

Another character I didn't expect to see at all. Man, I felt so bad for him. He's just a machine now, yet they're treating him this humiliatingly. And he's a former king?! Awesome!

Speaking of which, Bonney pretended to be a queen from the very same place Kuma was king. I doubt that's a coincidence. Might she be from the same place? She also teared up for him.

Fuji's chat with Riku and Cobra most likely had to do with the Shichibukai. I'm guessing he told them about Vegapunk's developments.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

he had pictures of Luffy , BB and Shirahoshi and a knife on them .. are those "the lights" to be erased ? destruction of Fishmen Island incoming ?
    but the are a few more wanted posters we can't see
    Last edited by Alibaba Saluja; Jun 15th '18 at 07:47 AM.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Fishman Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts doctor

So Kuma was a king, a pirate, and a revolutionary before becoming a Warlord? And now he's a camel!

Guess we can stick a fork in the Shichibukai system, cuz it's looking pretty done.

Fact: Oda will never introduce a character as useless as Kyuin.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Wow, so many surprize.
    Who is this rinnegan guy? I hope he is not the final enemy, i dont really like the concept of unexpected final boss (reminds me of any FF game lol). But i believe in Oda

So Kuma is former king? Bonney cry for Kuma? Maybe she is his daughter? So she is former princess? Thats why she pretend to be the queen (her mother) thats why her old face similar to the queen, the queen i means Kumas wife, Kuma doesnt aginv because he is a robot. Or maybe Kuma is Bonneys brother?

The revolutionary give me the failed flag/death flag, cant wait for the next chapter

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Fuji is trying to get some support for his banning of Warlords. I much prefer his tactics in this arc than his awful plan in Dressrosa. Considering how much Luffy support there is(they made a community already) and that there's Vegapunk invention to provide a viable replacement it might just be a compelling argument. Cobra can show up later since it's 7 days.

Is there an Hitler guy among the kings? I saw the mustache and immediately thought Hitler. And clock beard is England. I guess the clock is for Big Ben.So the 50 kings are chosen. I thought it was opened to all. Interesting bit of trivia. I enjoy even the non-important kings taling interesting subjects and not just be caricatures. I think Stelly is next to Neptune? I hope he doesn't cause an incident.

I don't feel to bad for Kuma since his mind is already gone and they are basically doing there thing to a robot. Kuma clothes remind me the ones the people in Law's crew have. Not gonna lie I am really interested in knowing his story.

Kuma is a former king of Sorbet and former revolutionary. The revolutionary change the minds of countries that were with the government. I suppose Kuma decided he didn't feel comfortable with the government and tried to convince his people to revolt but his family(wife?) turned on him and he had to flee the country and that's why he is a hooded figure in Goa flashback and lost his smile. The government spinned the story as him being a tyrant and being finally chased out because of it. Later on he joined(by blackmail or choice) the warlords. At that time the Gorosei made it clear that he was their bitch or his family/country could die which explains why he is the most faithful. Which is also the reason he is PX-0.

Also Bonney is his daugther that ran away once she learned the how her dad was betrayed.

Great cleansing? What's that about. Killing a country wouldn't help them much I think. It would just make them weaker? More pro ative against pirates? Maybe just killing the Nefertari? If it's the second maybe it could help them find Plluton an regain control over the chaos of the new world.

There's a flower room in that palace?

God I wholeheartedly hate the idea and concept of that new character. It's pretty freaking late to introduce the boss behind the boss especially when up to recently that throne wasn't a thing and we repeatdely had the Gorosei portrayed as the world leader so it's not some brilliant secret build-up either. I guess I'll add that new development to Ace's 21 months in the scheme of shitty narrative choices and next to 2 devil fruits Blackbeard for shitty twist.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Reverie continues to not disappoint.

Except Orlumbus. Fuck Orlumbus.

So much in this chapter. Guess if they roll with a CD, they can punch other CDs. That's good to know.

Looks like Issho is seeking out an audience with rulers that have been wronged by the Schichibukai. Also good to know.

I also have to imagine that Oda is reminding us of Mansherry's power for a reason.

The inclusion of Bonney feels so natural here, and I'm excited to see a super nova interact in this arc (perhaps she'll rely on Luffy's allies at some point?)

The Revolutionaries are setting up the stakes. This is a deadly mission.

I like how this chapter emphasizes w/o words that the Reverie is a sham. Get all of the world leaders together to pretend to talk about world politics (they even have a rotating chair, they rule themselves, look at that), have a precise ritual with the hollow throne symbolizing that there is no ruler above the governments, only to drive home the point that the CDs are above the whims of world rulers, like Kuma, and that there is a leader to all of this, even if the Reverie makes the world leaders believe otherwise.

While this does seem to be the leader of the WG, I'm not sure it's a combatant big bad. After all, I couldn't imagine Luffy seriously trying to fight the Gorosei, but rather fighting people the Gorosei have chosen to fight, like CP or the marines. I still have a feeling that BB will be the big bad for the One Piece rivalry and that Sakazuki will be the big bad representing the WG (though we have no clue how strong Kong is).

Is it just me or is that a picture of Vivi that Im is holding at the end there? Is Vivi the light to be extinguished from history? Clearly Shirahoshi is important to this person also. I wonder if they know about Poseidon. It could also just be me, but I didn't think this person was that focused on Luffy or Blackbeard (maybe just as potential contenders for the One Piece or the title of Pirate King?)

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

One question: did Im-sama sit on the throne? Either im blind or he (she?) didn't? (NVM, final note explicitly states she did) Also, is it the same person who checked on the strawhat before?

Man, chapters these days... there wasn't even that many of them, yet we got so much quality content. The big bad is here, and he set his eyes on Vivi for some reason. Hm, maybe he is very old and had some relationship with Nefretari family before, and Vivi reminds him of someone?

Also... i expect both Dresrossa, Alabsta and Fishmen Island to be in trouble, as they are all connected to Luffy, and - the worst thing - all higher ups know that (unlike with Dalton's country). The first two have been called by Sakazuki Fujitora (can't read =='), although at the end Gorosei say that it was Cobra who wanted to meet with them (translation error? something else?). Speaking of which, they called Nefretari traitors... so yeah, no special treatment for them, at least not in a positive sense.

Bonney is back! And she has some relationship with Kuma. Maybe she is from his country and after he became revolutionary, her land suffered because of that? I would also like to point out that the first title of Kuma we've learned of was "Tyrant", yet from what we could see and hear so far, it seems he was actually kind and caring. I smells something similar to the case of "Ohara's devils". Anyway, i expected Bonney to be with Revs, but that doesn't seem to be the case. So many third parties involved. :o

Speaking of Revs, they plan something big of course. Still no clues, damn it, Goda.

And back to Im-sama... wow, ok, that was unexpected. I mean, probably quite a few people thought there might be someone above Gorosei. But i expected it to be more of them being on the same or almost same level. Instead, they seem more like loyal, barely significant servants of someone far greater. I don't even have words for that. Ih, and one thing - it seems his existent is a huge secret. Even the guards said before that no one has sat on the throne, and like one chapter later... yea.

And the funniest thing is... the Reverie has started. THAT REVERIE that we all had been waiting for... and it isn't even the highlight of the chapter. Wow.

EDIT: Speaking of forgetting... Mjosgard seems to be sincere, and a little scared of letting someone hit other CD in his name. Sorry man, you're awesome... for now. :x

5/5, i might need 6/5 option if Oda continues to deliver.
    Last edited by Qirdich; Jun 15th '18 at 11:32 AM. Reason: I dun guffed

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    archeologist

Quote Originally Posted by Gujiss View Post
    Who is this rinnegan guy?
    That was the first thing I thought of! I doubt he has any special vision powers though--its just character design.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Reverie continues to not disappoint.

Except Orlumbus. Fuck Orlumbus.

Is it just me or is that a picture of Vivi that Im is holding at the end there? Is Vivi the light to be extinguished from history? Clearly Shirahoshi is important to this person also. I wonder if they know about Poseidon.
    I love these chapters! I knew the reverie would be magnificent, but now it's starting to scare me. What's gonna happen to Vivi and Shirahoshi? Even if Sabo and the revos can protect the princesses, their countries will suffer if both royal families have their loyalties called into question. They just might be destroyed! I hope their people can be saved.

But if that happens, Luffy will be pissed. Maybe he'll ask his friends, the straw hat grand fleet, for help?

Inherited will... The destiny of an age, The dreams of its people... As long as there are those who continue to pursue the meaning of freedom, these things shall not vanish from this world.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast