View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter!

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll

1 5.26%

0 0%

3 15.79%

3 15.79%

12 63.16%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    Lol, that was a pretty funny chapter.

First off, Luffy's already showing the benefits of his enhanced CoO now. Those dudes didn't stand a chance. Not that anyone ever expected they would, though. As for the baboon, it looked like Luffy just intimidated him instead of using CoC. That was pretty cool, too.

I wonder what kind of DF that girl has. Seems like... I guess the Dumpling Fruit. I'm curious about how she'll play into the story. Future wife of Momo, amirooooiiit?

The tengu dude showing up, who I have dubbed Usopp 5.0, actually surprised me. He looked really awesome. And just seeing Ace's name mentioned gets me hyped. I was expecting more stuff about Ace during Wano, and it looks like my wish is coming true. Weird how Wano gets no news, though. They probably don't get the news coo, as they're not affiliated with the WG, but it's been two years. A lot of people have come by Wano, and word should probably have spread.

Hawkins, dope! And not a single scratch on his freaky face. Not a surprise, though, since the beatdown was like a month ago in terms of the timeline. Even so, in all likelihood, he conceded to Kaido immediately.

I think Hawkins is looking to ally himself with Luffy. But entrusting in just the SHs take down Kaido seems unlikely. Given that he's a fortune teller, I guess the odds point to Luffy the most.
    Hmmm, I hadn't considered that he may have already met Law
    My whole thing is Law hasn't been shown yet and Law and Hawkins working together seems like a good well fitting pair

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Joestar View Post
    My whole thing is Law hasn't been shown yet and Law and Hawkins working together seems like a good well fitting pair
    Yeah, they're both cerebral characters, sort of. Law is. Hawkins is clearly smart, but he also has his cards. And you know Luffy will fuck up any plan they have Maybe they'll plan for that.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    Yeah, they're both cerebral characters, sort of. Law is. Hawkins is clearly smart, but he also has his cards. And you know Luffy will fuck up any plan they have Maybe they'll plan for that.
    Tbh if Big Mom and 2 admirals are coming, 8 of the super nova teaming up might be the only way any of them could actually live.

Apoo idk if he will stay with Kadio, Drake seems loyal but it might be a ploy like Capone, Killer if alive will certainly help Luffy as will Kid and I feel like Hawkins probably will.

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman

Quote Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
    That actually wasn't so uncommon for that period, was it? I recall seeing girls around that age as "geisha in training" sometimes in period dramas and stuff.
    Yah I know. It's just something I wish Oda had stayed away from.
    "Let's have some fun, this beat is sick. I wanna take a ride on your discostick!"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Fire Emblem Three Houses Campaigns & Characters - R A N K E D

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Joestar View Post
    Tbh if Big Mom and 2 admirals are coming, 8 of the super nova teaming up might be the only way any of them could actually live.

Apoo idk if he will stay with Kadio, Drake seems loyal but it might be a ploy like Capone, Killer if alive will certainly help Luffy as will Kid and I feel like Hawkins probably will.
    I like this Hawkins/Law theory. I can't imagine Kidd wanting to help Luffy, but circumstances may necessitate it. My favorite theory regarding Xdrake is that he is an undercover Marine, like Corazon.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

A point shared by @Segata aka @Crank (dont remember which one is his username rn) is that Kuri, the place Luffy is at now, is also mentioned to be Kin'emon's home town.

Quote Originally Posted by RoronoaXRobin View Post
    Decent chap.. bit confused about the girls ability, or rather, they seem to be getting dumber lol What saved this chap was not the Ace namedrop but my baby Basil Hawkins! Always such a damn treat to see one of the supernovas: Damn though X Drake and Basil[ possibly Apoo ] in the beast pirates.. what a lineup.

Slightly curious about the relationship betwen Ace and the girl.. his daughter perhaps? I dunno. More interested in seeing Basil fight one of the SH's

Somewhat redeemed from last weeks boring chap, 4/5

P.s really like the animals designs.

Edit: all things considered Kaido seems to value strength at the very least, being level headed enough to recruit his "rivals".. I think kaido might be setting up to be our most fleshed out Yonko yet! I like him more than Big Mom already though the standards weren't set high lol.. Also I dunno why the spoilers led me to believe this " girl " was a grown woman, kinda filled our quota on kids with Mononosuke.. Though she seems like someone who won't be annoying in the future. Lets hope. Kids in manga tend to annoy me quick af
    True, seeing Basil and confirming the theory that he is under Kaido now as really hype.

Yeah most animals are a nod to japanese art style. It's pretty cool.

At least it's not another princess for Luffy's harem. And I doubt she is Ace's daughter. Ace died with what? 20 years old? Seeing as Otama is at least 6 years old, Ace would have to conceive her with 14 or less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Interesting chapter. Glad Orlumbus' story is over.

Agree on the parallels between this and Momotaro. The children's rhyme for Momotaro references Kibidango, the sweet dumpling the girl made from her cheek. In this song, Momo gives these dumplings to people in order to recruit them to fight demons. In the story, the Dog, the Monkey, and the Pheasant hate each other, and can't get along, and dumplings is how Momo gets them to calm down and see that they have a common enemy (the oni).

Luffy's observation haki is OP now. I love his smile when he's stomping fodders. It's not work when you love what you do.

I also love how Luffy was like "OH NO I LOST THE VIVRE CARD, oh well nothing I can do". What a good attitude. And I also chuckled at the "I don't give a fuck if you guys fight, just stay away from my ship."

And a pollution storyline. Makes sense.

Excited about the Hawkins tease.

Cool facts bro!

It's awesome how Oda drops all those bits of trivia / other stories on One Piece and makes nods and references to them, acknowledging others.

Yeah, that Luffy panel was pretty cool where he looked confident.
    Which Vivre Card was that? Could it be the Grand Fleet one? Maybe someone else will grab hold of it ... Jack? Jinbe?

So Kaido has more factories in Wano ... maybe that's why he wanted Wano? Maybe there's something unique there which he can explore, xplaining the factories as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Decent chapter and all but did that guy really say he wanted to sell an 8 year old to the red light district?

I mean it would have been fucked up enough if she was 18 but seriously as grim and gritty as One Piece can be at times, this just made me feel very uncomfortable.
    Damn, you're right, that totally went over me that it could be a sex district.

And yeah, would be very grim if Oda showed young girls being "tortured" with those damn bandages on their feet.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Impel Down
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts chef

Basil Hawkins was this chapter saving grace for me. The Mage has returned. I guess his cards told him not to screw with Kaido right now. Can't wait to see his new bounty.

The Baddest Chick on TV. Everybody Love dem some Cookie

Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

@Overhaul @Nekomamushi @Laboon @Aertes @Stein @Jam @Jamal Henderson @desa @Eco Seis @Joseph Joestar @FireAngeL @Yomi @Milo @Cockycent @Duck @MorjMan @KGB @Segata @ICEMAN @Outlaw @Blast @Matternativ @ShichiDrewKai @The Pirate Prince @SniperKing @Gir @SniperKing

1. Do the baboon and komainu/liondog have Haki?

2. The Sunny is shocked when Luffy wanted to leave it behind but the octopus prevented him! Is the octopus an ally of the Sunny?

3. Whose vivre card did Luffy lose?

4. How do the Kaido fodder not know who Luffy is?

5. Why was the baboon working for the Beasts Pirates?

6. Did Luffy just intimidate the baboon to submission without using Haki?

7. Tama fed the baboon a rice dumpling and the baboon became an ally! Is this permanent or will the baboon defect back to Beasts Pirates?

8. Could Tama be Katakuri’s daughter since Tama makes rice dumplings and Katakuri makes rice donuts?

9. Do Momonosuke and Tama know each other? Seems like Tama could be a future wife for Momo, especially since she’s fond of his family

10. Does Wano lack food while WCI is filled with food? Will Sanji cook for the samurai and end the food drought?

11. So Wano has no idea of the outside world? Which means the Shogun and evil samurai cut off all the communications and prevented news CoO from entering?

12. Is Tama’s master connected with the opposition samurai since he’s well aware of Kaido’s evil deeds and poisoning the water supply?

13. How would Tama react to the news of Ace’s death? Will we also get more Ace flashbacks in Wano?

14. Did Tama or her master teach Ace how to make bamboo hats, since Ace made one for Oars Jr?

15. Is Marco’s message for Luffy something about Ace’s flashbacks in Wano?

16. Hawkins returns! Will we get the name of his devil fruit and attack names?

17. Hawkins is a Headliner? That’s the same position that Sheepshead has but he got fodderized by Sanji. Is the Headliner position similar to the chess officers in Big Mom’s crew?

18. Was Kidd the only one who fought Kaido and ended up getting captured? It looks like Apoo and Hawkins immediately joined Kaido’s crew.

19. Are Apoo and X Drake also Headliners for Beasts Pirates?

20. Will Hawkins seek an alliance with Luffy? Is he also allied with Law?

21. Will Luffy end up fighting a Kaido Top Commander soon while he’s in Kuri?

22. Will Bege also arrive in Wano? What about Urouge?

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Fishman Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts doctor

I didn't even realize there was a last page until I watched a chapter review.

My opinion of this chapter just went way up.

Fact: Oda will never introduce a character as useless as Kyuin.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I wonder, what exactly is Kaido manufacturing at those factories?