View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter!

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

2 9.09%

3 13.64%

7 31.82%

10 45.45%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

One Piece Chapter 917 Discussion and 918 Predictions

“The Treasure Ship of Provisions”

One Piece Chapter 917 Discussion and 918 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga Chapter 917 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga Chapter 918

Start reading here @ OPB
    Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
    1 is worst, 5 is best.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AppleCider For This Useful Post:

FireAngeL  (Sep 13th '18), Jam  (Sep 13th '18), Kuza  (Sep 13th '18)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

An okay chapter, the pace is reeeeally slow at the moment though. I mean, Luffy took the whole chapter to oneshot this plebian. The last page did look cool though.

I guess Law's going to try to take Hawkins out? Would very much like to see that.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

not a bad chapter, but the last page should be the first page, i mean we already waiting 2 weeks
    i hope our hero will fight Jack soon

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I really like this Bellamy cover story.

We learned a lot about the stakes of Wano and had some good moments with Luffy and Zoro. Punching a guy after the objective is done for the smallest injury done to the girl (like how is the pliers worse than the lion's mouth?) is classic Luffy. The consequences should be huge, but unless Hawkins reports that Strawhat is here, there's just a guy who beat Urashima at sumo wrestling and beat Holdem with fire. Let's see if Law can convince/force Hawkins to not report this.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperKing View Post
    An okay chapter, the pace is reeeeally slow at the moment though. I mean, Luffy took the whole chapter to oneshot this plebian. The last page did look cool though.

I guess Law's going to try to take Hawkins out? Would very much like to see that.
    The pace is always this slow at this point in the arc tho. Relatively, the only arcs with faster pacing at this point are like Zou and Reverie. imho, so far this is the best paced setup One Piece has ever had for a large (I'm assuming) arc. That could change, but it's been much better than the setup for any New World arc at least, mainly because a lot of the set up for this arc happened at Punk Hazard, Dressarossa, and Zou.

And I would love to see Law fight Hawkins, but w/o giving away who he is (which means NO OP OP NO MI). Swordsman Law v. Basil Hawkins.

Quote Originally Posted by Gujiss View Post
    not a bad chapter, but the last page should be the first page, i mean we already waiting 2 weeks
    i hope our hero will fight Jack soon
    Idk if I agree with you. This was an exposition chapter, and we learned a lot. Jack seems like the arc boss now, with the Shogun. I have never felt as though we would actually see Kaido here, just that his operation would be weakened/interrupted here (maybe like an escape scene like in WCI, where they didn't really fight BM as much as get away from her). I could be wrong, but if we don't see Kaido in a substantial role, then the arc villains are Jack and the Shogun, so I don't think their ultimate fights will be soon. Maybe a clash. I did definitely get "Luffy punches celestial dragon vibes" and the consequences of that was Kizaru, so maybe Jack will come and seek out Luffy straight away.
    Last edited by Milo; Sep 13th '18 at 12:57 PM.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin navigator

The panels with Luffy & Zoro flexing and Law flexing were sooo good. Great chapter! Wano is fantastic man, stuff of dreams

Is Luffy giving Dad Vibes or is it just me?
    You will fight like a real soldier fights. You will forget what Hollywood taught you. Ocelot

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Jam View Post
    The panels with Luffy & Zoro flexing and Law flexing were sooo good. Great chapter! Wano is fantastic man, stuff of dreams

Aniki vibes

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Two weeks just to get a drawn out chapter lol ok.

2/5

Only good part is Law v Hawkins confirmation
    Just another Youtuber who likes anime

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

It's a good set up chapter, but after a break it isn't really satisfying :/

Law v Hawkins gonna be hype as fuck tho

Spoiler!
    Silver | 0XP | 128.5k gold | Move Set | TL

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Ehh, it was decent. I agree with @SniperKing, the pacing is a bit slow right now. Lingering on moments that end in one-shots two chapters in a row, a bit dull. But I do like seeing Luffy owning mofos again. That tends to be the case between every arc. Luffy ends the previous arc with a struggling fight, then he enters a new island dominating the lower levels. This would be your Bellamy or Spandam.

Now, what I'm curious about, what the hell did Luffy and Zoro do? The panels showed that they got those dragging lines Oda does when someone's moving fast, or encounters something like Fujitora's gravity. Did they just speed blitz people?

Also, it was pretty cool to see Luffy go untouched by Holdem's fire attack, then serving him with his own.

Law vs Hawkins, I doubt this will end up in any big battle. It's too early for a drawn out fight, so I'm guessing it'll either be a scuffle, or Hawkins will realize it's Law, which in his mind should increase the chances of them defeating Kaido. Cool get-up for Law

Hawkins also confirmed to have CoO.

Now to see what Jack will do. Will he take his revenge out on the town, or was that only the case if Holdem called him in?

Quote Originally Posted by Jam View Post

Yeah, what @Milo said. Reminds me a bit of that little girl on Skypiea.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Joestar View Post
    It's a good set up chapter, but after a break it isn't really satisfying :/

Law v Hawkins gonna be hype as fuck tho
    You think they'll have a big clash?
    Last edited by Nekomamushi; Sep 13th '18 at 06:33 PM.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin navigator

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Aniki vibes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    Ehh, it was decent. I agree with @SniperKing, the pacing is a bit slow right now. Lingering on moments that end in one-shots two chapters in a row, a bit dull. But I do like seeing Luffy owning mofos again. That tends to be the case between every arc. Luffy ends the previous arc with a struggling fight, then he enters a new island dominating the lower levels. This would be your Bellamy or Spandam.

Now, what I'm curious about, what the hell did Luffy and Zoro do? The panels showed that they got those dragging lines Oda does when someone's moving fast, or encounters something like Fujitora's gravity. Did they just speed blitz people?

Also, it was pretty cool to see Luffy go untouched by Holdem's fire attack, then serving him with his own.

Law vs Hawkins, I doubt this will end up in any big battle. It's too early for a drawn out fight, so I'm guessing it'll either be a scuffle, or Hawkins will realize it's Law, which in his mind should increase the chances of them defeating Kaido. Cool get-up for Law

Hawkins also confirmed to have CoO.

Now to see what Jack will do. Will he take his revenge out on the town, or was that only the case if Holdem called him in?

Yeah, what @Milo said. Reminds me a bit of that little girl on Skypiea.

You think they'll have a big clash?
    Yea you guys are correct, he is a big bro she keeps calling him that!!

Luffy and Zoro def speed blitz!! They moved so fast and nodded to each other in a blur!!

I'm reading online... that floating castle top that keeps showing up... maybe Shiki is around too! How else are there so many floating areas so close... Keep an eye on the details here
    You will fight like a real soldier fights. You will forget what Hollywood taught you. Ocelot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast