Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

Quote Originally Posted by BTR View Post
    We shouldn't be surprised though. Luffy's G4 was blocked by an ordinary elbow smash by Big Mom, who wasn't hyped to be as tanky as Kaido (her strength comes from her highly versatile Devil Fruit).

I don't think anyone hated Kid because he got beat up by Kaido. I think everyone hates him because he's a one dimensional psycho and a shallow contrast to Luffy when superior rivals already exist.
    agreed that Kidd should get a better character development but people were downplaying him really badly when he lost his arm, failed to damage Big Mom Pirates and had to retreat and got thrashed by Kaido. Granted these members are no longer active but i really want to put this page on their faces for downplaying Kidd’s powers so cruelly

Btw Big Mom has an iron balloon body defense

Quote Originally Posted by RoronoaXRobin View Post
    Awww yah! This is what I wanted to see! Luffy needs to mature and be humbled by this event- Needless to say I think this will be a good chapter for me lol
    Luffy was getting way too cocky and full of himself in Wano. I also blame Big News Morgans for falsely hyping him up as Fifth Emperor as that contributed to his arrogance. One-shotting Urashima and Holdem increased his arrogance more and he thought he could coolly defeat anyone who harmed his friends.

And now since he thought Kaido’s drunk, he believed he could defeat him too. That’s why I loved it when Kaido directly smacked that nonsense and arrogance out of Luffy by OHKOing Boundman Luffy.
    Last edited by AppleCider; Nov 1st '18 at 06:01 PM.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by BTR View Post
    There's quite a disparity between the Yonkou's first mate and the Yonkou themselves. Makes sense though. Marco was far weaker than Whitebeard, stands to reason that Katakuri would be far weaker than Kaido.

Definitely leads me to believe that if Kaido is going to be the first Yonkou who is defeated, it'll be a group effort. As Luffy gets stronger, he'll probably beat Big Mom on his own (and certainly Blackbeard), but at the level he is now, he'd need help to defeat a Yonkou one-on-one.
    Exactly what I think too. Seems like the most plausible conclusion. Honestly I wanna see Kid, Law and Luffy team up rather than Luffy getting all the glory even if he was strong enough. Way more interesting

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts navigator

Quote Originally Posted by shri3kbat View Post
    Exactly what I think too. Seems like the most plausible conclusion. Honestly I wanna see Kid, Law and Luffy team up rather than Luffy getting all the glory even if he was strong enough. Way more interesting
    No shame in teaming up to beat your first Yonkou. And yeah, Luffy, Law, and Kid would make the most sense. It would be sort of neat to see all the Supernovas on Wano fight Kaido, but that would probably be overkill.

Still the Hero.

"Ideas Never Die..."

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

I wonder if Kaido has additional forms in addition to hybrid and Awakening