View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter!

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll

1 4.17%

0 0%

1 4.17%

3 12.50%

19 79.17%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

One Piece Chapter 923 Discussion and 924 Predictions

"Yonko Kaido vs Luffy"

One Piece Chapter 923 Discussion and 924 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga Chapter 923 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga Chapter 924

Start reading here @ OPB
    Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
    1 is worst, 5 is best.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AppleCider For This Useful Post:

FireAngeL  (Nov 2nd '18), Overhaul  (Nov 5th '18), ShichiDrewKai  (Nov 2nd '18)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

The difference b/w Luffy and Kidd is the former has all the feats to describe himself but the latter has just fandom. Not saying Luffy could beat Kaido at this stage but one-shot?? I think even Oda forgot what feats he himself provided Luffy. Hope it might be the same thing as was with Katakuri. One chapter white-eyed and up in the consecutive one. Luffy show go down for the sake of two weeks of power-up and character development but not like this.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

Quote Originally Posted by FireAngeL View Post
    The difference b/w Luffy and Kidd is the former has all the feats to describe himself but the latter has just fandom. Not saying Luffy could beat Kaido at this stage but one-shot?? I think even Oda forgot what feats he himself provided Luffy. Hope it might be the same thing as was with Katakuri. One chapter white-eyed and up in the consecutive one. Luffy show go down for the sake of two weeks of power-up and character development but not like this.
    Kaido is the World Strongest Creature. It definitely makes sense for him to destroy G4 Boundman Luffy in one-hit. The power difference between Yonkos and their top commanders is astronomical.

Look at what Whitebeard accomplished vs Marco. Whitebeard in his dying state pummeled an Admiral to the ground, whereas Marco could only stall or kick Admirals away.

Big Mom easily blocked a Kong Gun from G4 Boundman Luffy with her CoA arm and their clash resulted in Luffy losing steam from G4 quickly. However, Katakuri got beaten up by G4 Boundman Luffy and had to resort to Awakening to fight him back.

Luffy is definitely not Yonko level despite what Big News Morgans claimed. I have no doubt that Big Mom would've destroyed Luffy in a 1 vs 1 fight, so Kaido doing the same makes sense.

At least this fight shows that Kidd shouldn't be disrespected at all for challenging Kaido and losing. Especially since we don't know when Hawkins and Apoo switched sides.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

its like Lvl. 10 player trying to beat the boss in end game dungeon

but i agree with FireAngel, its too much even for Kaido, and dont forget that Luffy is in rage = more powerful, i hope Luffy will get up in next chapter. If he KOed with that 1 hit, itll be disappointing

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

Luffy will more than likely receive a buff to CoA but he will for sure need at least Law and Kid to back him up against Kadio

Spoiler!
    Silver | 0XP | 128.5k gold | Move Set | TL

Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

Quote Originally Posted by FireAngeL View Post
    Ya, I don't see him staying down from one either. My issue is that it looked like kaido's attack used CoC. Why did luffy go all out and yet not use any Conqueror's Haki moves on him?
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    Kaido is the World Strongest Creature. It definitely makes sense for him to destroy G4 Boundman Luffy in one-hit. The power difference between Yonkos and their top commanders is astronomical.

Look at what Whitebeard accomplished vs Marco. Whitebeard in his dying state pummeled an Admiral to the ground, whereas Marco could only stall or kick Admirals away.
    Akainu v WB still one of my fav showdowns. WB quaking the fuck out of akainu's face, but akainu eventually doing the reverse to WB in the end and taking off half the dude's face

Big Mom easily blocked a Kong Gun from G4 Boundman Luffy with her CoA arm and their clash resulted in Luffy losing steam from G4 quickly. However, Katakuri got beaten up by G4 Boundman Luffy and had to resort to Awakening to fight him back.

Luffy is definitely not Yonko level despite what Big News Morgans claimed. I have no doubt that Big Mom would've destroyed Luffy in a 1 vs 1 fight, so Kaido doing the same makes sense.

At least this fight shows that Kidd shouldn't be disrespected at all for challenging Kaido and losing. Especially since we don't know when Hawkins and Apoo switched sides.
    Totally agreed with bold and underlined. I think @Bold is kinda the whole point of the chapter. Luffy basically threw everything at him (minus a few things) and barely sobered him up. Kaido's endurance and durability are no joke. He might even be more durable in his human form than his dragon form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gujiss View Post
    its like Lvl. 10 player trying to beat the boss in end game dungeon

but i agree with FireAngel, its too much even for Kaido, and dont forget that Luffy is in rage = more powerful, i hope Luffy will get up in next chapter. If he KOed with that 1 hit, itll be disappointing

I'm more worried about what's happening after the fight. Luffy clearly isn't winning, but is he walking away (or, more likely, being snuck/dragged away) again? Or are we about to find luffy in a cell next to Kidd?

Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by ShichiDrewKai View Post
    I'm more worried about what's happening after the fight. Luffy clearly isn't winning, but is he walking away (or, more likely, being snuck/dragged away) again? Or are we about to find luffy in a cell next to Kidd?
    Maybe Kaido will take Luffy to his prison like many people predict before, because the pirate king things already cure Kaido from drunk

Senior Member AndrewtheAmericanDude's Avatar
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman entertainer

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, oohhhhhh yeeeeeeees. This is how it should be. I hope we get to meet Kid soon.

People forget that Luffy got his G4 arm cleaved by being careless around Cracker, can't act like that around Kaido of all people.

Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by ShichiDrewKai View Post
    Maybe Kaido will take Luffy to his prison like many people predict before, because the pirate king thingy already wake Kaido up from drunk

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman

So it’s confirmed Kaido has CoC because when two Kings clash, that black lightning sparks and that’s exactly what happened.

It’s sad that Luffy went at it alone but I’m thinking a lot of Luffy’s soon to be allies were recognizing his strength. Hawkins seemed to be monitoring carefully. Where’d Jack go? And Law what’s his plan? I’m thinking he will try helping Luffy escape and get the same treatment. Or maybe he actively tried attacking Kaido also because of what Luffy said. “Our crews”, Law could be CAPTAIN save a man and try and get vengeance, and we know he’s vengeful, he dedicated half his career to getting revenge on Doflamingo for shooting Rocinante.

I think he’d probably want to fight a Yonko for killing his entire crew. One thing we know, Kaido was drunk as he was still hiccuping, that’s scary considering he still tanked gear 3 and 4 head on without haki like Big Mom he just took every last punch head on while drunk and still one shots Gear 4. A Yonko used a named attack so we know this was a big blow, this guy rivals Whitebeard, the same guy who two shotted an ADMIRAL. Even if Luffy’s admiral level now so to say after an epic clash with a Yonko right hand man, he still faces the same fate of an easy defeat at the hands of a Yonko when we think about it. Big Mom faced a room full of strong fighters in her calm normal state, and defeated every last one of them(Judge, Capone, Luffy(clash), Yonji and Niji).

This is the Yonko saga and we’re witnessing their strength. At least Luffy can say he landed a few hits lol

Doflamingo fears Kaido? No wonder! You saw what he did to Gear 4, the form Doffy had to try to outrun because he couldn’t face it head on or even scratch that form, this is the form that bashed Katakuri in every way and severely injured him, the right hand of a Yonko.

Big Mom warned them though.

“You can’t take down that thing”
    Last edited by Jamal Henderson; Nov 2nd '18 at 08:19 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast