View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter!

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll

1 7.14%

0 0%

1 7.14%

5 35.71%

7 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

One Piece Chapter 927 Discussion and 928 Predictions

"The Courtesan's Kamuro"

One Piece Chapter 927 Discussion and 928 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga Chapter 927 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga Chapter 928

Start reading here @ OPB
    Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
    1 is worst, 5 is best.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AppleCider For This Useful Post:

Outlaw  (Dec 8th '18), ShichiDrewKai  (Dec 7th '18)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin navigator

These poor poor assassins.. don't go after the SH crew...

Great chapter fr
    You will fight like a real soldier fights. You will forget what Hollywood taught you. Ocelot

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts navigator

Orochi must be a Mythical Zoan too then.

It'd be cool if the Calamities were all Ancient Zoans and Orochi and Kaido were Mythical.

I hope Queen's assassins give Sanji a good fight.

I wonder if Kyoshiro is an ally of Kaido or not.

Still the Hero.

"Ideas Never Die..."

Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

Gotta admit I was kinda underwhelmed by the chapter. I like the teases we got, but I wish we saw more, especially with a break coming up and new years coming after that.

Anyway, onto the new stuff. Toko is very cute, I wonder if she's actually gonna be important. Maybe her and tama will become buds. I can see Tama hating Toko but Toko being persistently friendly.

How is this courtesan gonna come into play? Is it someone we know already? It can't be boa, right?? That's about the only guess I have right now. Besides it being odens wife, but that seems farfetched since people would know her.

Orochi confirmed for some kind of snake monster/hydra, which is not surprising given his name. I just wish we got a bigger glimpse at his form. I'm worried about Robin meeting Orochi though tbh. Not sure why, I just have a feeling she's gonna get discovered as a straw hat by him.

It was nice to see some action from Franky and Sanji though. Especially since Franky dropped the Senor Pink suplex like a bro. Kudos for that, Oda.

Honestly though, my favorite part of the chapter was the cover with Garp. I think Oda has just spoiled me the last few chapters by showing so many different plots in one chapter. In this chapter, he really only focused on 2. I guess I was really jonesing for some more Luffy/kidd action.

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts navigator

Quote Originally Posted by ShichiDrewKai View Post
    How is this courtesan gonna come into play? Is it someone we know already? It can't be boa, right?? That's about the only guess I have right now. Besides it being odens wife, but that seems farfetched since people would know her.
    Maybe it's Oden's daughter/Monosuke's sister?

Still the Hero.

"Ideas Never Die..."

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Haven't posted in the last few chapter threads, so here goes

Meh.

It was a pretty standard chapter. It moved along the plot of things we haven't seen yet, which is Sanji's current group. That's fine, though. There will be chapters like this in OP. But the timing sucks, given that there's another break.

Sanji showing he's a badass against fodder-esque people. It's kinda hard to gauge the foes. The villagers were terrified of them, but they're just villagers, so anyone with any remote fighting skills will probably be terrifying. Plus they're Yakuza.

That Toko girl was creepy. Something felt slightly ominous or off about her. She'll probably play a bigger part. I'm interested in that courtesan, though. WHAT IF IT'S BOA?! But really, she'll probably play a decent role, too.

The silhouette of Orochi suggests he's a hydra, but he did seem very tiny for a hydra. Maybe it's his hybrid hydra form

And just to briefly talk about last week's chapter, Luffy and Kid are badasses. Oda is setting them up to be equals, but I still feel like Luffy edges him out. The timeskip won't be particularly justified if Luffy isn't the strongest of the Worst Generation, since Kid has gotten to the same level by entering the NW. Granted, he's lost an arm and gained some scars, but still.

And I totally didn't notice Caribou was there, too, during the first reading!

Quote Originally Posted by BTR View Post
    Maybe it's Oden's daughter/Monosuke's sister?
    That makes... some sense Given that she stayed behind, it seems, she would be much older at this point. But if she somehow tagged along, or was just brought along - because why the fuck would they leave her behind - then it fits.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Senior Member AndrewtheAmericanDude's Avatar
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman entertainer

@Nekomamushi the point of the timeskip is that Luffy wants to get strong to protect his crew, and they were able to train without puttin themselves at risk. People such as Rayleigh have spoken of how u get stronger from just throwing urself into raw battle experience, that's what Kid was doing. He was getting strong too, but not the safe way so he lost an arm and got scarred pretty bad.

I don't like this notion the fan base has that the timeskip means Luffy's rivals should be irrelevant or not contenders to him. I'm glad Oda is taking Kid as a real rival like I hoped he would, which imo only makes Luffy more enjoyable if he has actual challengers and isn't just giving a free ticket and being the only one to cause major chaos at such a young age.

Spoiler!

Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman

Standard chapter, good to check on the rest of the crew. Been so long since Franky had some action. Bummed about another break next week. 4/5

Meepster
    Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

O-Toko is a girl with a name that means boy ..... What if the courtesan she works for is an Okama?

I just saw a video that came out before this chapter that had a theory that Izo, a crossdresser, will be in Wano (they suggested it because they came from Wano, however, to add to that theory, Marco did have a message for Luffy).

Edit: I will say that Oda tease that this woman is the most beautiful woman that can make men faint and he did this before showing what she looked like. Since everyone has their own standard of beauty, they are bound to be many readers who feel anything he draws will not live upto the imagination, so embracing that he can not live up to everyone's imagination by making it a gag (maybe it will be the female ninja who keeps saying how beautiful she is (despite not matching beauty standards in many current cultures) and be a joke about Wano's perception of beauty and how it is very different than ours)
    Last edited by Mr Meepers; Dec 8th '18 at 03:00 PM.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman entertainer

It's not a hydra btw, it's yamata no orochi, and it's a mythological DF fruit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast