Hybrid View

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

The Fire Festival and Oden's Avengers

We are aware of this event that is a facade and really is to celebrate wickedness. I think there are themes that may be connected. As Sandman pointed out there are card game, liquor and kabuki themes. With the Headliners and Kaido.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

What I found when I looked further was that Tobiroku (Flying Six) meant Festival Stars. It reminded me of not only the kabuki theme, but also the Fire Festival and Big Mom's commanders epithet. Which was Sweet Stars. It's like everything is a show. The way Teach figuratively referred to his plans. Big Mom being dramatic with how the plan to kill the Vinsmokes and having the wedding. There was even a chapter called Actor. Where everyone was putting on an act. I remember Capone being astonished at Sanji's acting skills. He actually fell into the act a lil too much tho. He couldn't keep it together. Snji being the actor isn't just some hunch. Oda has drawn him like Otani Oniji who is usually drawn in with his hands out.
    Spoiler!
    Spoiler!
    Spoiler!

I find it interesting that the first time we're formally introduced to the Calamities, we get beast form (Jack), human form (Queen), and hybrid form (King). If all of this is accurate, is it possible that King spends most of his time in hybrid form like Chopper does? I think spending most of your time in hybrid mode says a lot. It reminds me of
    Spoiler!
    . If a DF user spends a long duration in Kairoseki, they can build on their base abilities. We see it in the prison mine right now. Luffy's getting a lil buff. Also similar to wearing weights in manga.
    Spoiler!
    God, I got so off topic. Anyway, it was cool to see Drake in his hybrid form. It's not the same at all, but I wonder if any of the Calamities or Festival Stars are awakened, but different from the Impel Down Jailer Beast. Different as in they don' come off as simple and obedient. Those Jailer Beast seem not all there and sound, even tho they were obedient. An interesting thing is that the Jailer Beast carried Kanabo/mace/club, just like Kaido does. Put that into perspective with how King dresses like Magellan and Shiryu. Are the Beast Pirates former Jailers and inmates? It is also interesting that Queen and Morley give me an Okama vibes. King's mouth piece is somewhat similar to Karasu's and King's goggles are like Lindberg's. I'm guessing that King can take flight like Lindbergh. I'm guessing King is a Quetzalcoatlus or a Pterodactyl as well. Those are 2 prehistoric creatures. Morley was said to be the 1 who basically created Level 5.5. Is there a chance that some of the founding Beast Pirates and the 4 Commanders of the Revolutionary Army escaped Impel Down together?

I think the Fire Festival will be similar to the WCI Wedding, but it'll be less closer to the end of the arc than the Wedding was. What's interesting is that the liquor/sake, kabuki plays and card games tend to be at festivals like this. Similar to how Big Mom had massive amounts of food and music at the wedding and as a theme for her crew.

Fun Fact
    Drake and Hawkins (the real ones) died after the battle of San Juan in the Anglo-Spanish War to dysentery. Will they die to San Juan Wolf? Reeeeeeeaaaaaaaach

Oden's Avengers

I don't trust most of these guys that are being recruited from Wano. All this time, they never came up with their own plan for revenge. I bet at least 20% of them have switched sides. I believe Asura Doji hasn't switched sides because he wants no parts of it. I only came to say that this guy with the large hat has caught my eye a lot, just like everyone else. His hat with the diamond shape is interesting tho. As we all possibly do, I read the chapter secrets. What I hoped was there wasn't tho. That is the large hat in Minatomo's (Franky's boss) spot.
    Spoiler!

The diamond is in the center of the straw hat. I think that guy has either been to Minatamo's shop or is there right now. I know some might dismiss it as everyone has that hat, but I don't think so. Not with the diamond shape that big there.
    Last edited by Shaki; Jan 8th '19 at 09:59 AM. Reason: image bb codes
    Casual: OP is just power levels

Me:

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cockycent For This Useful Post:

Jam  (Jan 9th '19), Jamal Henderson  (Jan 9th '19)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin navigator

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    We are aware of this event that is a facade and really is to celebrate wickedness. I think there are themes that may be connected. As Sandman pointed out there are card game, liquor and kabuki themes. With the Headliners and Kaido.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

What I found when I looked further was that Tobiroku (Flying Six) meant Festival Stars. It reminded me of not only the kabuki theme, but also the Fire Festival and Big Mom's commanders epithet. Which was Sweet Stars. It's like everything is a show. The way Teach figuratively referred to his plans. Big Mom being dramatic with how the plan to kill the Vinsmokes and having the wedding. There was even a chapter called Actor. Where everyone was putting on an act. I remember Capone being astonished at Sanji's acting skills. He actually fell into the act a lil too much tho. He couldn't keep it together. Snji being the actor isn't just some hunch. Oda has drawn him like Otani Oniji who is usually drawn in with his hands out.
    Spoiler!
    Spoiler!
    Spoiler!

I find it interesting that the first time we're formally introduced to the Calamities, we get beast form (Jack), human form (Queen), and hybrid form (King). If all of this is accurate, is it possible that King spends most of his time in hybrid form like Chopper does? I think spending most of your time in hybrid mode says a lot. It reminds me of
    Spoiler!
    . If a DF user spends a long duration in Kairoseki, they can build on their base abilities. We see it in the prison mine right now. Luffy's getting a lil buff. Also similar to wearing weights in manga.
    Spoiler!
    God, I got so off topic. Anyway, it was cool to see Drake in his hybrid form. It's not the same at all, but I wonder if any of the Calamities or Festival Stars are awakened, but different from the Impel Down Jailer Beast. Different as in they don' come off as simple and obedient. Those Jailer Beast seem not all there and sound, even tho they were obedient. An interesting thing is that the Jailer Beast carried Kanabo/mace/club, just like Kaido does. Put that into perspective with how King dresses like Magellan and Shiryu. Are the Beast Pirates former Jailers and inmates? It is also interesting that Queen and Morley give me an Okama vibes. King's mouth piece is somewhat similar to Karasu's and King's goggles are like Lindberg's. I'm guessing that King can take flight like Lindbergh. I'm guessing King is a Quetzalcoatlus or a Pterodactyl as well. Those are 2 prehistoric creatures. Morley was said to be the 1 who basically created Level 5.5. Is there a chance that some of the founding Beast Pirates and the 4 Commanders of the Revolutionary Army escaped Impel Down together?

I think the Fire Festival will be similar to the WCI Wedding, but it'll be less closer to the end of the arc than the Wedding was. What's interesting is that the liquor/sake, kabuki plays and card games tend to be at festivals like this. Similar to how Big Mom had massive amounts of food and music at the wedding and as a theme for her crew.

Fun Fact
    Drake and Hawkins (the real ones) died after the battle of San Juan in the Anglo-Spanish War to dysentery. Will they die to San Juan Wolf? Reeeeeeeaaaaaaaach

Oden's Avengers

I don't trust most of these guys that are being recruited from Wano. All this time, they never came up with their own plan for revenge. I bet at least 20% of them have switched sides. I believe Asura Doji hasn't switched sides because he wants no parts of it. I only came to say that this guy with the large hat has caught my eye a lot, just like everyone else. His hat with the diamond shape is interesting tho. As we all possibly do, I read the chapter secrets. What I hoped was there wasn't tho. That is the large hat in Minatomo's (Franky's boss) spot.
    Spoiler!

The diamond is in the center of the straw hat. I think that guy has either been to Minatamo's shop or is there right now. I know some might dismiss it as everyone has that hat, but I don't think so. Not with the diamond shape that big there.
    Was talking about these ideas and more with a close friend.

My friend predicts you are right these Beast Pirates escaped from jail, perhaps King is related to Magellan? Similar body shape... they could be twins.... ?!

I predict the guy in jail eating poison fish is either Gin or Oden.
    - Gin - It could be Gin as he was poisoned before, he built up toxicity immunity, promised to meet Luffy later on. Maybe he ate a real cool Zoan DF and refuses to swear allegiance to Kaidou since he is sworn to that dumbass Krieg?
    - Oden - he could have a type of immortal DF? They mentioned boiling him alive. Does not mean he died. He could have dominated Wano originally by having a crazy regeneration ability...

I have more but cannot remember now hehe. This is a fun arc for sure
    You will fight like a real soldier fights. You will forget what Hollywood taught you. Ocelot

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Jam View Post
    Was talking about these ideas and more with a close friend.

My friend predicts you are right these Beast Pirates escaped from jail, perhaps King is related to Magellan? Similar body shape... they could be twins.... ?!

I predict the guy in jail eating poison fish is either Gin or Oden.
    - Gin - It could be Gin as he was poisoned before, he built up toxicity immunity, promised to meet Luffy later on. Maybe he ate a real cool Zoan DF and refuses to swear allegiance to Kaidou since he is sworn to that dumbass Krieg?
    - Oden - he could have a type of immortal DF? They mentioned boiling him alive. Does not mean he died. He could have dominated Wano originally by having a crazy regeneration ability...

I have more but cannot remember now hehe. This is a fun arc for sure
    There's so much going on in this arc to speculate. Yes, it is very fun. The Gin and poison idea is cool. I should've thought of that
    Casual: OP is just power levels

Me: