View Poll Results: Rate this week’s chapter!

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

2 10.00%

1 5.00%

6 30.00%

11 55.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Enies Lobby
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

So just like how Skypiea has an alternative name for Kenbunshoku/Observation haki, Wano has an alternative name for Busoshoku/Armament haki. Not only that, we got even more new info about the latter type on top of it, info that is even referencing back to Zoro's fight with Mr.1! I have to say, this is some VERY interesting stuff (although not very surprising imo since I had my suspicions). In fact, this will make for some nice data for my one piece-related movelist projects, mainly the Rokushiki ones.

Btw, as much as I hate to admit this, but I do find Hiyori's "try not to cry" face kinda adorable. Lol
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (UPDATE 3/23/19)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here for the project and here for the thread (UPDATE 9/9/14)

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I think Carrot gonna join the straw hats, just like period who was a pirate before.

Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Joestar View Post
    Best chapter in a long time. Fun full of action nice light hearted. Komurasaki is best girl, too cute. My boy bepo aint no snich. Zoro the god, lil old man is great, luffy casually stopping some dudes who probably would have pushed him to his absolute breaking point pretime skip.

@ShichiDrewKai nah. She's not evil. I mean i don't think Oda would do the same shit he did with pudding with her
    But it's not really the same, right? Pudding was just kind of psychotic. She was both evil and good and switched back and forth. Basically, she was nuts.

If anything, I think he won't do the same thing he's done with the other ladies of the previous arcs. Oda has basically made this character a trope that we are all expecting in every arc: the seemingly badass woman who is secretly a good guy but has been living as an outlaw/bad guy for years to blend in? Doesn't this character seem overused at this point? Violet, rebecca and Vivi are the biggest examples, but even characters like Boa (hiding as a shichibukai despite hating the influence of the WG) and Reiju have glimpses of this character design.

It's overplayed. Eventually, Oda is gonna pull the rug out from under us with an actual bad-guy lady character in an arc. He's got lots of stuff planned for Wano, so I will not be surprised if he pulls another 180 and reveals that Hiyori has actually gone dark side.
    Quote Originally Posted by BTR View Post
    I'm in favour of Luffy learning something new. I always did wonder what move it was that Sentoumaru was using, so it'll be interesting to see Luffy learn it and apply it to defeating Kaido.
    Imagine this move used with an elephant punch? I wonder if the effects will be magnified accordingly with the size of the fist?
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    the flashbacks are legit and she has no reason to be evil. Kyoshiro probably isn't evil either and likely saved her when Kawamatsu got captured.
    Naaaaah man, Kyoshiro has major bad guy face.

And no reason to be evil?? Let's examine this: (Assuming she is actually momo's sister) she was abandoned by her brother, her father's most trusted retainers, and her mother (who appears to be responsible for the power that sent them 20 years in the future). This girl was left at 6 years old on a day where her entire family was murdered and her life was flipped upside down with a single guardian who is likely some kind of monster-man. She had 6 or 7 presumably peaceful years, but the last 13 must've been hell. She has literally had to whore herself out. Granted, she became queen prostitute and lives a 'glamorous' life as such, but still... you think there's no resentment for being abandoned as a child to live for 7 years with a demon-man and then 13 years as a glorified hooker?
    Quote Originally Posted by shinjojin View Post
    So just like how Skypiea has an alternative name for Kenbunshoku/Observation haki, Wano has an alternative name for Busoshoku/Armament haki. Not only that, we got even more new info about the latter type on top of it, info that is even referencing back to Zoro's fight with Mr.1! I have to say, this is some VERY interesting stuff (although not very surprising imo since I had my suspicions). In fact, this will make for some nice data for my one piece-related movelist projects, mainly the Rokushiki ones.

Btw, as much as I hate to admit this, but I do find Hiyori's "try not to cry" face kinda adorable. Lol
    The face was cute... too cute. My theory now is she's evil. Cute, terrible evil.

Spoiler!

Senior Member AndrewtheAmericanDude's Avatar
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman entertainer

@ShichiDrewKai I don't want Kyoshiro to be a good guy but it's very likely that he used "the power to cut nothing" to pretend to cut Komurasaki

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

Quote Originally Posted by ShichiDrewKai View Post
    Naaaaah man, Kyoshiro has major bad guy face.

And no reason to be evil?? Let's examine this: (Assuming she is actually momo's sister) she was abandoned by her brother, her father's most trusted retainers, and her mother (who appears to be responsible for the power that sent them 20 years in the future). This girl was left at 6 years old on a day where her entire family was murdered and her life was flipped upside down with a single guardian who is likely some kind of monster-man. She had 6 or 7 presumably peaceful years, but the last 13 must've been hell. She has literally had to whore herself out. Granted, she became queen prostitute and lives a 'glamorous' life as such, but still... you think there's no resentment for being abandoned as a child to live for 7 years with a demon-man and then 13 years as a glorified hooker?
    I see what you're getting at and it could be possible but it feels off unless Kyoshiro is operating as a third party (against the Shogun but also against the Alliance). But I mean that also gives me something like Shutenmaru/Asura Doji vibes since he was pretty enraged at Kinemon for ditching the country for 20 years and didn't believe in time travel.

I'm torn now. Hiyori being vengeful makes sense. Not sure about evil and I have a weird theory that prostitution actually didn't happen and instead it was just a scam to rip off people. But I'm probably wrong on this.

I'm hoping for more Kyoshiro characterizations and interactions between the two.

Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewtheAmericanDude View Post
    @ShichiDrewKai I don't want Kyoshiro to be a good guy but it's very likely that he used "the power to cut nothing" to pretend to cut Komurasaki
    Agreed, he seems more than likely to be a highly skilled fighter, just by reputation and position. But him saving her doesn't mean he's good or bad in and of itself, it depends on his motivations. Does he know she's hiyori? Does he know her goals, and, if so, do his intentions align with hers? It really could play out a few different ways, but I think that from that grin of his alone that Kyoshiro has high aspirations, and people like that are capable of just about any means to achieve their ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    I see what you're getting at and it could be possible but it feels off unless Kyoshiro is operating as a third party (against the Shogun but also against the Alliance). But I mean that also gives me something like Shutenmaru/Asura Doji vibes since he was pretty enraged at Kinemon for ditching the country for 20 years and didn't believe in time travel.
    Bold is what I think, but I can't be clear yet whether he's pro-alliance or just pro-kyoshiro. Being a totally independent third party would likely mean that he is highly formidable. Otherwise he'd have no hope of standing his ground.

Shutenmaru is a good comparison, but where shutenmaru is more pro-alliance (or more accurately anti-kaido) I think that Kyoshiro is likely to be pro-kaido
    I'm torn now. Hiyori being vengeful makes sense. Not sure about evil and I have a weird theory that prostitution actually didn't happen and instead it was just a scam to rip off people. But I'm probably wrong on this.

I'm hoping for more Kyoshiro characterizations and interactions between the two.
    Vengeful might be a better word that Evil. I guess basically I think there are a few more layers to peel from this onion before we find the true Hiyori. I could see something like that, especially if she's in league with Kyoshiro. Plus we never actually saw her get down and dirty with that dude that she scammed, did we?

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin navigator

So, the prevailing theory Kyoshiro is the last Red Scabbard huh? Protecting Hiyori all along.

I have a feeling Kyoshiro noticed the pattern immediately and decided to capture all the "allies" to get them in one place together, basically force their hand into joining this final war. It's literally do or die, he seems like that kind of a cunning guy, all along working with his enemy towards his greater goal.
    You will fight like a real soldier fights. You will forget what Hollywood taught you. Ocelot