View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter!

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

3 21.43%

11 78.57%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member AndrewtheAmericanDude's Avatar
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman entertainer

@Overhaul I feel like Akainu and Whitebeard parrying each other the whole war until each other would drop their guard every so often counts for something. They both did absolutely devastating damage with Akainu dealing a lethal wound. 3 Admirals blocked a WB quake but I think one could use the block to withstand some of the damage but 3 completely nullifies it. I think Akainu's offensive power is far greater than his defense, where he has to rely on his tremendous durability.

WB did use one quake punch but the fact that he tilted him first to create an opening is notable. Otherwise he would've just rammed through him.

@Alibaba Saluja yeah Marco is probably a good example.

In relative context of the feats, do u guys think that with Big Father and KX launchers, Capone could compete with some emperor commanders?

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin navigator

I think what Luffy showed was Rubber Awakening. It's about time, I think he finally did it and it will be made clear very soon, it seems purposefully ambiguous
    You will fight like a real soldier fights. You will forget what Hollywood taught you. Ocelot

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewtheAmericanDude View Post
    @Overhaul I feel like Akainu and Whitebeard parrying each other the whole war until each other would drop their guard every so often counts for something. They both did absolutely devastating damage with Akainu dealing a lethal wound. 3 Admirals blocked a WB quake but I think one could use the block to withstand some of the damage but 3 completely nullifies it. I think Akainu's offensive power is far greater than his defense, where he has to rely on his tremendous durability.

WB did use one quake punch but the fact that he tilted him first to create an opening is notable. Otherwise he would've just rammed through him.

@Alibaba Saluja yeah Marco is probably a good example.

In relative context of the feats, do u guys think that with Big Father and KX launchers, Capone could compete with some emperor commanders?
    When reading it, I didn't feel like Whitebeard wanted to create an opening. He just tilted him to get him out of his way, but since he came back he made sure he stayed down.

As for the old debate of Akainu x Whitebeard, I'm of the opinion that:
    1 - Whitebeard effortlessly blocked and didn't pay much mind to Akainu's attacks
    2 - Whitebeard only attacked him with full intent to put him down when Akainu drilled a hole through Ace's chest
    3 - By then, Whitebeard was attacking with disregard to his own health and safety since he wanted to sacrifice himself and explicitly said it
    4 - Whitebeard had already taken a heavy toll of damage through Squardo stabbing him, heart attack and the opening it gave for the full house party protocol that Akainu and the marines unleashed on him
    5 - Whitebeard still went on to make Blackbeard poop his pants and almost defeat him before his whole crew stepped in

As for Bege, I do think he could withstand the attacks of a Yonko Commander and give him a good fight, and maybe even win if he lands the KX launcher's attack.

Against Big Mom tho, he was just a few punches away to being blown to pieces without being able to do anything, courtesy of BM pirates of course, but even without his restrained parts I think he could at best pull a Doflamingo vs G4 Luffy before collapsing, a stall and run game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam View Post
    I think what Luffy showed was Rubber Awakening. It's about time, I think he finally did it and it will be made clear very soon, it seems purposefully ambiguous
    How so? When he snapped the collars?
    That seems to be hinting at Flow Armament tho...
    Last edited by Overhaul; Jun 24th '19 at 04:07 PM.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin navigator

Quote Originally Posted by Overhaul View Post
    Yea man, my theory is while learning his Haki remote touch he awakened his DF. The collars snapped like rubber, they bent, looked like rubber bands!
    You will fight like a real soldier fights. You will forget what Hollywood taught you. Ocelot

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Jam View Post
    Yea man, my theory is while learning his Haki remote touch he awakened his DF. The collars snapped like rubber, they bent, looked like rubber bands!
    That's a theory I haven't seen going around.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman entertainer

Because it would be a cool twist and we could finally get to see the man hiding in the shadow

Imagine, everyone waiting to see Luffy deflect the blow but instead Kawamatsu swoops in to save them both

I mean, Linlin just trashed a Yonko Commander. Think Luffy stands much of a chance? He can deflect her blow at best if he manages to use force haki, maybe get past her iron balloon defense if we're being positive, but realistically he shouldn't stand much more of a chance than Queen did.
    "Come at me Big Mom!" - Luffy
    Overcome the wall, overcome the emperor or whatever it said in the final panel would just be a troll then. Find it hard to believe when Luffy is being hyped up but otherwise it could happen like you wrote

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

Because it would be a cool twist and we could finally get to see the man hiding in the shadow

Imagine, everyone waiting to see Luffy deflect the blow but instead Kawamatsu swoops in to save them both

I mean, Linlin just trashed a Yonko Commander. Think Luffy stands much of a chance? He can deflect her blow at best if he manages to use force haki, maybe get past her iron balloon defense if we're being positive, but realistically he shouldn't stand much more of a chance than Queen did.
    Queen wasn't KO'd though. He's just laying on the floor with no visible injuries. Getting thrashed is something like Luffy getting KO'd by Kaido. He was out cold. Queen was active and responsive. Although we don't know if he sustained injuries. Doubt it if he's a Zoan who can recover fast

Luffy also knows he stands no chance which is why he wanted to run away until Hyogoro forced him to fight.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    Queen wasn't KO'd though. He's just laying on the floor with no visible injuries. Getting thrashed is something like Luffy getting KO'd by Kaido. He was out cold. Queen was active and responsive. Although we don't know if he sustained injuries. Doubt it if he's a Zoan who can recover fast

Luffy also knows he stands no chance which is why he wanted to run away until Hyogoro forced him to fight.
    He's involuntarily coming out of his full zoan form. His men even say so. He was taken out.

Senior Member AndrewtheAmericanDude's Avatar
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman entertainer

When reading it, I didn't feel like Whitebeard wanted to create an opening. He just tilted him to get him out of his way, but since he came back he made sure he stayed down.

As for the old debate of Akainu x Whitebeard, I'm of the opinion that:
    1 - Whitebeard effortlessly blocked and didn't pay much mind to Akainu's attacks
    2 - Whitebeard only attacked him with full intent to put him down when Akainu drilled a hole through Ace's chest
    3 - By then, Whitebeard was attacking with disregard to his own health and safety since he wanted to sacrifice himself and explicitly said it
    4 - Whitebeard had already taken a heavy toll of damage through Squardo stabbing him, heart attack and the opening it gave for the full house party protocol that Akainu and the marines unleashed on him
    5 - Whitebeard still went on to make Blackbeard poop his pants and almost defeat him before his whole crew stepped in

As for Bege, I do think he could withstand the attacks of a Yonko Commander and give him a good fight, and maybe even win if he lands the KX launcher's attack.

Against Big Mom tho, he was just a few punches away to being blown to pieces without being able to do anything, courtesy of BM pirates of course, but even without his restrained parts I think he could at best pull a Doflamingo vs G4 Luffy before collapsing, a stall and run game.

Whitebeard used quake melee for other vice admirals off the bat. If he quake hit Vice Admiral Ronse surely he intended to do so for John Giant as well.

They were both clashing evenly for the majority of the arc. Now I'm not saying Marineford Sakazuki breaks even with WB, but with his raw offensive power, he is on his level and as he showed in the end, when they traded blows he can deal a mortal wound.

Whitebeard intended to sacrifice himself but u don't just give up. The whole point of a sacrifice in this case is to be a distraction, the longer he's up, the more time his crew has to escape. So I don't see why we should have any reason to accuse him of slacking just because he got hit. With this defense, you can attribute any performance against him as "not trying." The wounds were probably a factor tho, getting Akainu more even to him. But I sincerely doubt WB was just horsing around the entire arc against the biggest threat to Ace's life when he put everyone at risk over it. WB isn't an idiot. They were parrying each other the entire arc until various circumstances dropped their guards.

Blackbeard quaking in his pants doesn't really matter imo when he wasn't on their level at that point anyway. Akainu just showed up at one point later and the entire crew ran. Blackbeard needed the timeskip to catch up.

And yeah Capone is pretty scary. I don't think he could get Big Mom tho. Hm, well how much skill in general do u think Big Mom has? Would she know to put up the shock wave when he launches that when she's lucid as normal?

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewtheAmericanDude View Post
    Whitebeard used quake melee for other vice admirals off the bat. If he quake hit Vice Admiral Ronse surely he intended to do so for John Giant as well.

They were both clashing evenly for the majority of the arc. Now I'm not saying Marineford Sakazuki breaks even with WB, but with his raw offensive power, he is on his level and as he showed in the end, when they traded blows he can deal a mortal wound.

Whitebeard intended to sacrifice himself but u don't just give up. The whole point of a sacrifice in this case is to be a distraction, the longer he's up, the more time his crew has to escape. So I don't see why we should have any reason to accuse him of slacking just because he got hit. With this defense, you can attribute any performance against him as "not trying." The wounds were probably a factor tho, getting Akainu more even to him. But I sincerely doubt WB was just horsing around the entire arc against the biggest threat to Ace's life when he put everyone at risk over it. WB isn't an idiot. They were parrying each other the entire arc until various circumstances dropped their guards.

Blackbeard quaking in his pants doesn't really matter imo when he wasn't on their level at that point anyway. Akainu just showed up at one point later and the entire crew ran. Blackbeard needed the timeskip to catch up.

And yeah Capone is pretty scary. I don't think he could get Big Mom tho. Hm, well how much skill in general do u think Big Mom has? Would she know to put up the shock wave when he launches that when she's lucid as normal?
    I've discussed this many times in the past and held my stance. I respect your opinion, but I disagree with it and I don't feel like discussing it now. Or ever, I think ... I lost count of how many times I talked about this matter so I'm kinda tired of it. Sorry.

Well, when she's lucid I don't think she needs her "shockwave", does she? She just has her Iron balloon body, which was what Bege wanted to "turn off" and take advantage of. If she's lucid, then I think the missiles would just either bounce off or explode without having any effect on her.