View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter!

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

2 16.67%

10 83.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

One Piece Chapter 947 Discussion and 948 Predictions

“Queen's Gamble”

One Piece Chapter 947 Discussion and 948 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga Chapter 947 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga Chapter 948

Start reading here @ OPB

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
    1 is worst, 5 is best.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AppleCider For This Useful Post:

Overhaul  (Jun 28th '19)

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

One Piece 947 4/5

This version of CoA is exactly what I thought it was. I bet it's what Sabo does easily too. Haki potency and control basically.

I'd put my money on it that the prisoner with the thing in his mouth is 1/4 of the former Yakuza bosses.

Nicely orchestrated headbutt. It's funny watching the power scalers debate these clashes. "Queen was 1 shot". Then he wakes up and does a falling headbutt. "BM was 1 shot", but she has all that time to speak and then fall asleep. When you're not a power scaler, you understand that these aren't full on battles where strongest moves are being pulled out. This was done to get Queen out of the picture and get Kaido and BM to speak.

Anyway, i'm wondering how Momo and Tama will be used here on the inside of the prison. Only thing that I disliked about the chapter is that Queen was dumb enough to leave the prison in Old Maid's hands. It's weird because BM is more urgent, so i'm starting to doubt the "dumb" comment. BM is the more immediate threat, but I feel like there's a smarter way to handle her and the prison. For story purposes, I understand that Kaido and BM must meet.
    Casual: OP is just power levels

Me:

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Katakuri was using this haki all along against Luffy. Its just that he didn't directly hit him with his fists but donuts. If katakuri have it, I am quite sure King may have it as well. Seeing the king and queen's portrayal, the latter might have it as well but why he didn't use it.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin navigator

It was no awakening. But it was nice!

Queen was about to die son. Good thing BM took a nap! ROFL
    You will fight like a real soldier fights. You will forget what Hollywood taught you. Ocelot

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Enies Lobby
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

Hmm, I have to say that new piece of info about the advanced version of Armament haki will be very useful for my Rokushiki-related projects, especially the Hana Hana and kilo kilo ones.
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (UPDATE 3/23/19)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here for the project and here for the thread (UPDATE 9/9/14)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Nice chapter. I like that Luffy wasn't completely successful but is getting the hang of it. And that it was explained that it's the projection of the armour that armament haki provides, like many guessed. And it makes sense that he wasn't badly hurt, since he's rubber and Big Mom did not use haki in her attack.

Also, since it's a newer level of the previous version, I believe this shuts down many theories that Zoro cutting Daz was this form of armament. Because if he had unlocked this "2nd level" of armament, then he would need to have the first, right? And with the first, he could have bypassed Daz DF body defences like Rayleigh explains that Armament does, so no need to unlock the 2nd level of it because the 1st level of armament could do it.
    Which brings me to the point that he did not use armament, he just learned to cut iron.

Now, first thing I thought when seeing Brachio Bomb was: "How does it hold compared to Vise's strongest attack, 10.000 Tons?"
    Brachiosaurus are speculated to have weight (dont know if I'm conjugating it right) 50 tons.
    So, Queen's attack, plus the fall, was more than 50 tons on Big Mom. Still not in the same level as Vise's tho.

Big Mom is 8 meters tall (880cm) and the height of the rock Queen's at is hard to estimate, but it's possibly 10 times the size of Big Mom (since the scale would make Big Mom smaller on the panel we could use for comparison).
    So, estimating that Queen jumped from a height of 88 meters, he produced 43 120 000.00 joules on impact ( I used a site to calculate it)

Vise jumped from, roughly ... 15 Vise's height. He's 440 cm, so that's 6600 cm height, so 66 meters high. So he would output a force of 6 468 000 000.00 joules on impact. Stronger than what hit Big Mom ... I think Hajruudin could have handled that

But of course, we can't forget this is One Piece so we don't know if Queen weighs the same as a Brachiosaurus supposedly should, nor if Vise really weight 10.000 Tons when using that attack or if he just named it that way.

Big Mom being taken to Onigashima ... that's a nice detail. Makes her at the centre of the conflict vs Kaido. Guess Big Mom Pirates may ally temporarily with the Straw Hats alliance to attack Kaido in Onigashima, one side with the purpose to save their mom and the other to defeat Kaido. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Overhaul View Post
    Nice chapter. I like that Luffy wasn't completely successful but is getting the hang of it. And that it was explained that it's the projection of the armour that armament haki provides, like many guessed. And it makes sense that he wasn't badly hurt, since he's rubber and Big Mom did not use haki in her attack.

Also, since it's a newer level of the previous version, I believe this shuts down many theories that Zoro cutting Daz was this form of armament. Because if he had unlocked this "2nd level" of armament, then he would need to have the first, right? And with the first, he could have bypassed Daz DF body defences like Rayleigh explains that Armament does, so no need to unlock the 2nd level of it because the 1st level of armament could do it.
    Which brings me to the point that he did not use armament, he just learned to cut iron.

Now, first thing I thought when seeing Brachio Bomb was: "How does it hold compared to Vise's strongest attack, 10.000 Tons?"
    Brachiosaurus are speculated to have weight (dont know if I'm conjugating it right) 50 tons.
    So, Queen's attack, plus the fall, was more than 50 tons on Big Mom. Still not in the same level as Vise's tho.

Big Mom is 8 meters tall (880cm) and the height of the rock Queen's at is hard to estimate, but it's possibly 10 times the size of Big Mom (since the scale would make Big Mom smaller on the panel we could use for comparison).
    So, estimating that Queen jumped from a height of 88 meters, he produced 43 120 000.00 joules on impact ( I used a site to calculate it)

Vise jumped from, roughly ... 15 Vise's height. He's 440 cm, so that's 6600 cm height, so 66 meters high. So he would output a force of 6 468 000 000.00 joules on impact. Stronger than what hit Big Mom ... I think Hajruudin could have handled that

But of course, we can't forget this is One Piece so we don't know if Queen weighs the same as a Brachiosaurus supposedly should, nor if Vise really weight 10.000 Tons when using that attack or if he just named it that way.

Big Mom being taken to Onigashima ... that's a nice detail. Makes her at the centre of the conflict vs Kaido. Guess Big Mom Pirates may ally temporarily with the Straw Hats alliance to attack Kaido in Onigashima, one side with the purpose to save their mom and the other to defeat Kaido. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".
    Brachio Bomb looks to be way way more massive than whatever Machvise did. Also Queen's a Top Commander so his attacks are much stronger than a subordinate of someone's who's weaker than a Top Commander

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman

So basically Oda’s Confirming that Luffy is Yonko commander level and now they’re trying to make him Yonko level.

He trained Conquerors during the time skip. He gained the fleet after Dressrosa. Enhanced CoO during Whole cake Island and now during Wano he’s trying to improve CoA to stop a Yonko’s attack, and he’s doing this training outside of G4 because he already had an epic clash with her even utilizing haki in his G4 form. But I guess he’s trying not to rely on G4 because it uses too much haki and energy and that even ruins CoO.

A three way war between Luffy and Big Mom and Kaido would be crazy.

So I wonder how Zoro and Sanjuana are gonna improve to be top commander level, because Luffy is stretching far beyond their willpower.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal Henderson View Post
    So basically Oda’s Confirming that Luffy is Yonko commander level and now they’re trying to make him Yonko level.

He trained Conquerors during the time skip. He gained the fleet after Dressrosa. Enhanced CoO during Whole cake Island and now during Wano he’s trying to improve CoA to stop a Yonko’s attack, and he’s doing this training outside of G4 because he already had an epic clash with her even utilizing haki in his G4 form. But I guess he’s trying not to rely on G4 because it uses too much haki and energy and that even ruins CoO.

A three way war between Luffy and Big Mom and Kaido would be crazy.

So I wonder how Zoro and Sanjuana are gonna improve to be top commander level, because Luffy is stretching far beyond their willpower.
    Zoro will probably fight and defeat strong Samurai like Kyoshiro or a Flying Six etc before upgrading to fight King.

Sanji's already fighting dinosaurs. He defeated Page One, is now fighting Drake and will pretty much keep doing that till he fights Queen

Senior Member AndrewtheAmericanDude's Avatar
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman entertainer

This chapter made me very happy. Luffy didn't get immediate success he got knocked. This will make future progress much more satisfying. Hyogoro faking his death lol. Really glad Queen didn't get knocked out like a buster and even registered some damage on her. Also very satisfying. Big Mom also with the good moment of intimidation when returning to her senses. Big Mom out on sea, r we gonna get Kaido chat or is the remaining Big Mom crew hanging out at sea gonna snag her and finally be relevant again?

Momo and Tama being in the prison seem like hostages waiting to happen I wonder what they'll do.

But what I'm really curious about is what Kid will do. Will he contend with Luffy? Will he have an attitude? Will he start killing guards and we get a Daredevil and Punisher moment? Luffy doesn't seem to mind killing too much based on what he's said before but he might mind excessive cruelty.

5/5 for me

@Overhaul surely Queen's Brachio Bomber was more than just him landing on her. It was a headbutt which relies on his muscle power in conjunction with the gravity, but not solely the gravity. The level of attacks they're dishing out at this point is far more than just a standard falling dino imo. They were beating up dinos in Little Garden.

Also I wasn't on the Zoro used haki train until this arc, but the quote Hyogoro said about cutting nothing was verbatim what Koshiro said. And Koshiro is very likely to be from Wano. The situation in which Zoro drew the power to cut nothing and he was able to sense the presence of his surroundings felt very haki like, especially when he was near death. I do believe he tapped into a tenant of haki, even if rudimentary. I don't see why else Oda would allude to that moment with the Koshiro quote earlier.

@FireAngeL I don't really think Katakuri was using this haki. A lot of people quote him as saying he was using a different level of armament from Luffy, but in another translation he just says his armament is better than Luffy's.

Spoiler!