View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter!

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

2 20.00%

1 10.00%

7 70.00%
    Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

One Piece Chapter 953 Discussion and 954 Predictions

"Once Upon A Fox"

One Piece Chapter 953 Discussion and 954 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga Chapter 953 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga Chapter 954

Start reading here @ OPB

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
    1 is worst, 5 is best.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AppleCider For This Useful Post:

FireAngeL  (Aug 24th '19), Outlaw  (Aug 27th '19)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

Great chapter, wano is pretty fucking great. I love the graveyard full of swords Zoro getting a new sword (hopefully two new swords). However if that fox ends up dying ima cry

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I am pretty sure its not only the sword which cut Kaido that is awesome, its also the user's ability to leave a permanent scar on him.

Senritsu no Tatsumaki! akatsukigogeta's Avatar
    Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts scientist

im pretty excited for this development. I wonder if the sword is gonna give zoro and special attributes like kinemons fire sword or something. Im betting zor will develop a new technique that best utilizes the new swords power. Also the sword's name enma translates to god of hell which gets me to believe that this weapon will drastically boost ashuras power and we'll finallly get to see it again.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Where the hell is everyone? Like a damn ghost town here now.. lol But um decent chap, loving the fact that my man Zoro is seemingly already doing more for the group than Sanji in his arc I digress, will he really give up Shusui so easily? In his mind he was genuinely given the blade by Ryuma himself, so like he earned it.. Of course they wouldn't know nor believe him but if he does so just because he's offered something better I'd be disappointed. Theirs sentimental value in that blade! Or maybe he really doesn't care as long as he gets a sufficient replacement.

Oh shit what about that sword Luffy took from that Samurai guy? Will Zoro get two new blades this arc or am I tripping? The guy above me mentioned the swords name translation which is kinda wicked, if it's from Oda I reckon it correlates into Zoro's demonic nature so that's pretty cool. No chap has been TOO outstanding lately but all in all moderately decent in comparison to other mangas. 3/5
    Just another Youtuber who likes anime

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin navigator

What a great chapter. Somber. Feels like I'm waking up to horror. Nice mood.

That fox is soo cool. Is it too much to ask that the kappa and the fox join the crew hehehe
    You will fight like a real soldier fights. You will forget what Hollywood taught you. Ocelot

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by FireAngeL View Post
    I am pretty sure its not only the sword which cut Kaido that is awesome, its also the user's ability to leave a permanent scar on him.
    And that was the least expected by Oden and I believe that someone betrayed him and backstabbed Oden during his fight with Kaido? Since Wano being the country, which once was great nation feared by all and still World Govt (Akainu) giving a second thought to invade Wano, was taken out by Kaido so easily is little indigestible for me.

Quote Originally Posted by akatsukigogeta View Post
    im pretty excited for this development. I wonder if the sword is gonna give zoro and special attributes like kinemons fire sword or something. Im betting zor will develop a new technique that best utilizes the new swords power. Also the sword's name enma translates to god of hell which gets me to believe that this weapon will drastically boost ashuras power and we'll finallly get to see it again.
    Sorry to disappoint u. I don’t think Ashura technique is coming back any soon. The technique is dead just as Zoros eye. : )

Quote Originally Posted by RoronoaXRobin View Post
    Where the hell is everyone? Like a damn ghost town here now.. lol But um decent chap, loving the fact that my man Zoro is seemingly already doing more for the group than Sanji in his arc I digress, will he really give up Shusui so easily? In his mind he was genuinely given the blade by Ryuma himself, so like he earned it.. Of course they wouldn't know nor believe him but if he does so just because he's offered something better I'd be disappointed. Theirs sentimental value in that blade! Or maybe he really doesn't care as long as he gets a sufficient replacement.

Oh shit what about that sword Luffy took from that Samurai guy? Will Zoro get two new blades this arc or am I tripping? The guy above me mentioned the swords name translation which is kinda wicked, if it's from Oda I reckon it correlates into Zoro's demonic nature so that's pretty cool. No chap has been TOO outstanding lately but all in all moderately decent in comparison to other mangas. 3/5
    It’s good to see some Old timers.

———————————————————————-

really liked this chapter. Kawamatsu's been a low key favourite ever since his reveal and I really liked Gyukimaru's design from the start, so getting such a sweet story for the two of them was a treat. No idea where this leaves volume 94 though, because as nice as the chapter was it still didn't feel like as good a ending note as Big Mom and Kaido's clash. It's not usually safe to bet on 12 chapters to a volume but eh, we'll see where we this time next week.

Bege's story is going an interesting direction. We know that both Lola and Thriller Bark have left the Florian Triangle (though how Thriller Bark's movements aren't big news to the whole world given that it's essentially a moving island and as such pretty hard to miss is beyond me, and how has it managed to cross the Red Line again, for that matter?) but Bege doesn't, so what's he going to run into instead. The big monster worked just fine as a permanent mystery, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little keen for the lore behind it.

There was some great background art in this chapter, from the strikingly shaped mounds of the eternal graves to the fine detail of Gyukimaru's weapons stockpile. "Another day of ransacking graves ahead!" is a great line as well.

I've seen people who don't believe Onimaru could be just a fox, saying it has to be a devil fruit or something, but I think it works with the broader themes and ideas of wano to have that kitsune mythology just be a thing that happens. Or Oda could work up some lore for the Koma animals specifically, say that the can imitate humans with the right motivation and connection to someone to model themselves off (In folktales, a fox is believed to have an ability to shapeshift into human and trick others).

Now Enma and Shusui are an interesting case. I find it hard to believe that Shusui is just going to be set back on Ryuma's grave to appease the Sword God. That goes hard against the philosophy of putting arms for the living ahead of respect for the dead seen earlier in the chapter. The army needs every sword it can get, which raises the question of who, if not Zoro, is going to use Shusui. Looking forward to seeing Enma in action though!

Also rip the theory that Sakazuki caused Kaido's scar. I really liked that one...

Out of the box: And also I have noticed in this Wano arc - whenever Zoro uses three sword style, ppl of Wano get surprised or shocked? This leads me to believe in that “Oden was a three sword user just like our beloved Zoro”. Hence Zoro getting his sword.
    Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Jam View Post
    What a great chapter. Somber. Feels like I'm waking up to horror. Nice mood.

That fox is soo cool. Is it too much to ask that the kappa and the fox join the crew hehehe
    Well what will the fox do on the Strawhats ship? And about Kappa, I believe he will be again royal bodyguard after the war.
    Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin navigator

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Well what will the fox do on the Strawhats ship? And about Kappa, I believe he will be again royal bodyguard after the war.

Lol does everyone need a specific job title? I just want a huge vast pirate crew for my boi Luffy. Lesse new people:

Fox - Weapons maintenance (Master Gunner)

Jinbei - Helmsman
    Kappa - Water Guard
    Carrot - traitor/watchkeeping
    You will fight like a real soldier fights. You will forget what Hollywood taught you. Ocelot

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Very emotional reveal that the fox is Gyukimaru. I wonder how he got that ability ... is he a spirit? A Kitsune? Most likely DF related.

Was nice to see Kawamatsu story too and get some background on him.

I'm not a really big fan of this possible power up for Zoro. The possibility of him wounding Kaido, like this sword is famed to be able to do, without him earning it previously by pushing himself to try and do it, feels cheap.

Would prefer to see him try and fail, and then get this powerup in order to do it, and learn to do it with Enma, than if he gets the sword and instantly is able to do it. Hopefully, he won't, even with this powerup, and will have to grow strong while using it to wound Kaido.

Feels very unearned if a character does not push himself like Luffy did in Dressrosa and Whole Cake Island before he used G4. We knew he needed it, because we saw it. As it stands, Enma is a powerup for Zoro that we don't know he needs because we haven't seen him go all out.

Hopefully he earns it before that big feat.

Very convenient that the alliance gets all those stashed swords. Kawamatsu and Gyukimaru work wasn't for nothing.
    3/5
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!