View Poll Results: The traitor is ...

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Theory 1 - Shinobu

    2 20.00%
  • Theory 2 - Shuttenmaru

    1 10.00%
  • Theory 3 - Law

    1 10.00%
  • None of the above

    6 60.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Overhaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    22,208
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    7,014
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    assassin entertainer


    Wano's Traitor is ...

    There has been many guesses about who the traitor could be, and Oda himself has given us some clues and perhaps some red herrings to make us believe X or Y character could be the traitor. @Gir the man himself has made a thread for us to try and guess who the traitor could be.

    Here, I will theory craft my 3 best picks, altho I believe one is less likely than the others, and I will also expose who, in my opinion, isn't the rat.


    Theory 1 - Shinobu

    Spoiler!



    Theory 2 - Shuttenmaru

    Spoiler!



    Theory 3 - Trafalgar Law

    Spoiler!



    There's another obvious option in Kyoshiro. He found the first card in Komurasaki and he could have gotten the new one through other means. He is the Littlefinger of Wano, he runs a geisha house, where men come and run their mouths off to beautiful women. He can get a lot of information this way, and maybe that's the answer. That Orochi has a pretty good intel network. Like Big Mom had.


    Now some who don't make much sense on being the traitor:

    1 - Kin'emon. The leader of the alliance and the one who's been sweating tears and blood to make it come true. He could have easily disposed of Momonosuke and move on with it.

    2 - Kanjuro and Raizo. Again, they have been standing by Kin'emons side. Raizo was even inside the jail for some time to release Luffy, so it would be pretty hard for him to relay information to the outside world. Kanjuro has been accompanying Kin'emon and Momonosuke for longer and could have just crushed the rebellion by drowning everyone while at sea, but instead chose to sacrifice himself in Dressrosa, being captured to let Kin'emon and Momonosuke escape. As far as we know, he gave no info regarding their mission to Doflamingo.

    3 - Kawamatsu. Was at the prison. Couldn't give info to anyone.

    4 - Komurasaki. She would gain nothing from revealing that she's alive to Orochi after she had angered him. Or maybe she would gain his pardon? Still highly unlikely since at the first time Orochi got info on the alliance's plans, she knew nothing of it.


    So, what's your take? Do you agree with some of this theories? Find one most likely than other? Or do you have your own theory?
    Share your thoughts!!
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!




  2. #2
    Member DraconicDudac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Latvia
    Posts
    67
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    734
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    swordsman


    I like this theory regarding Kanjuro I read on reddit. Seems like the most possible traitor.
    Spoiler!

  3. #3
    Overhaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    22,208
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    7,014
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    assassin entertainer


    Quote Originally Posted by DraconicDudac View Post
    I like this theory regarding Kanjuro I read on reddit. Seems like the most possible traitor.
    Spoiler!
    Definitely a possibility. Altho I think Shinobu fits that part as well. She knew about Zou and that they were allies, for example. It seems more weird that Kanjuro would do that because he sacrificed himself in Dressrosa, but maybe that wasn't really a sacrifice after all?

    Doflamingo knew about Momo because Kaido told him if I recall correctly. He was after Momo, as he knew they showed up in the present.. Also, it would be weird if they got captured upon entering Dressrosa without having that information leaked beforehand.

    Altho it's really hard to guess his motivations, while for the others is much easier.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!




  4. #4
    AppleCider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    apple orchard
    Posts
    19,870
    Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    26,783
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    swordsman doctor


    Kanjuro has the least spotlight so far compared to the Red Scabbards. What has he done so far?

    Shinobu could be a traitor but Kanjuro directing Jack to attack Zou again would make sense.

    Law is definitely not a traitor since he doesn't know Hiyori's whereabouts and he butchered up Hawkins before breaking free. Also Law being a traitor undermines the entirety of Punk Hazard and Dressrosa Arcs.

    Shutenmaru is not a traitor. Yes he was upset initially but he agreed to join in the end and gave the Alliance the blueprints and additional ships for the fleet. And why would he ally with those who were responsible for killing his comrades 10 years ago? Makes no sense

  5. #5
    Overhaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    22,208
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    7,014
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    assassin entertainer


    Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    Kanjuro has the least spotlight so far compared to the Red Scabbards. What has he done so far?

    Shinobu could be a traitor but Kanjuro directing Jack to attack Zou again would make sense.

    Law is definitely not a traitor since he doesn't know Hiyori's whereabouts and he butchered up Hawkins before breaking free. Also Law being a traitor undermines the entirety of Punk Hazard and Dressrosa Arcs.

    Shutenmaru is not a traitor. Yes he was upset initially but he agreed to join in the end and gave the Alliance the blueprints and additional ships for the fleet. And why would he ally with those who were responsible for killing his comrades 10 years ago? Makes no sense
    He helped rescue the prisoners from the Colosseum and he sacrificed himself protecting Kin'emon and Momonosuke in Dressrosa. Althot the details about that occurrence are scarce and we don't know if that was just a fake out.

    He also helped the Straw Hats climb Zou.

    On Wano, he actually defended Law and his crewmates when Shinobu accused them. Sure, it's not evidence that he's innocent, but it would be easy for the traitor to point fingers and try to get some lynchpins. He also showed honour by promising the villagers that they would take care and give Yasue a decent burial.


    As for Law not knowing of Hiyori's whereabouts. Well, he has his crew free, and he is pretty smart. I doubt he's bad at gathering information, since he was the one gathering the information about the SAD factory and SMILEs.
    Him chopping up Hawkins could be to protect the guy who freed him, and again, it could be Law playing a double game. He could be feeding wrong and right information to the enemies. We know he's a guy who can play both parts like he did with Caesar in Punk Hazard. I'm not saying he's straight up betraying the SH, but he could either be gaining Kaido's favour to later stab him in the back or being a double agent.


    For Shuttenmaru, like I said he's the one less probable in my opinion, but I explained my reasons. To end the rebellion and stop the suffering, buying the protection of his own men and Wano, but ensuring the destruction of the heads of the rebellion.



    Anyway, I'm more inclined to Shinobu, with Law coming second ... sometimes the most obvious answer is the right answer, and Law is smart and crafty enough to play a double agent. But with Law, Oda is hinting at it so much that it feels like a red herring.


    But again, Kanjuro could be the traitor, but it's hard to point out his motivation. The ones I pointed out are ones that could have motivations and have some hints of distrust and suspect behaviour.
    Altho, like Sai from Naruto, Kanjuro has the perfect way to pass intel. He can just draw and then if his ability works that way, cancel his drawing and make it form the message.
    Last edited by Overhaul; Sep 13th '19 at 05:23 PM.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!




  6. #6
    AppleCider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    apple orchard
    Posts
    19,870
    Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    26,783
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    swordsman doctor


    Quote Originally Posted by Overhaul View Post
    He helped rescue the prisoners from the Colosseum and he sacrificed himself protecting Kin'emon and Momonosuke in Dressrosa. Althot the details about that occurrence are scarce and we don't know if that was just a fake out.

    He also helped the Straw Hats climb Zou.

    On Wano, he actually defended Law and his crewmates when Shinobu accused them. Sure, it's not evidence that he's innocent, but it would be easy for the traitor to point fingers and try to get some lynchpins. He also showed honour by promising the villagers that they would take care and give Yasue a decent burial.


    As for Law not knowing of Hiyori's whereabouts. Well, he has his crew free, and he is pretty smart. I doubt he's bad at gathering information, since he was the one gathering the information about the SAD factory and SMILEs.
    Him chopping up Hawkins could be to protect the guy who freed him, and again, it could be Law playing a double game. He could be feeding wrong and right information to the enemies. We know he's a guy who can play both parts like he did with Caesar in Punk Hazard. I'm not saying he's straight up betraying the SH, but he could either be gaining Kaido's favour to later stab him in the back or being a double agent.


    For Shuttenmaru, like I said he's the one less probable in my opinion, but I explained my reasons. To end the rebellion and stop the suffering, buying the protection of his own men and Wano, but ensuring the destruction of the heads of the rebellion.



    Anyway, I'm more inclined to Shinobu, with Law coming second ... sometimes the most obvious answer is the right answer, and Law is smart and crafty enough to play a double agent. But with Law, Oda is hinting at it so much that it feels like a red herring.
    Kanjuro might have done all that to remain close to Kinemon and gather intel. He hasn't done anything much in Wano as well.

    Why would Law attack Hawkins if he's the traitor? And his crew doesn't seem traitorous towards Strawhats

    Edit: eh regarding the burial. Unsure.
    Last edited by AppleCider; Sep 13th '19 at 05:24 PM.

  7. #7
    Overhaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    22,208
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    7,014
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    assassin entertainer


    Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    Kanjuro might have done all that to remain close to Kinemon and gather intel. He hasn't done anything much in Wano as well.

    Why would Law attack Hawkins if he's the traitor? And his crew doesn't seem traitorous towards Strawhats
    I updated that post with


    But again, Kanjuro could be the traitor, but it's hard to point out his motivation. The ones I pointed out are ones that could have motivations and have some hints of distrust and suspect behaviour.
    Altho, like Sai from Naruto, Kanjuro has the perfect way to pass intel. He can just draw and then if his ability works that way, cancel his drawing and make it form the message.
    His crew stayed out of Dressrosa's main conflict too. Meaning, they may not be in on it. Law just asked Bepo to not tell a thing about him being captured, for whatever reason. Maybe he feared Luffy coming in to rescue him? Or maybe it's something else. Maybe he's setting up himself to join Kaido, but then Gamma Knife his heart.

    Why wouldn't he attack Hawkins? As far as we know, X Drake defeated Scott to join Kaido. Kaido gets impressed by displays of strength. He could be proving himself worthy ... or protecting the one who freed him. Or maybe Hawkins knows his intentions to back stab Kaido and can get in the way. Or it was payback for Hawkins treatment of Law's crew. Pick one.


    Another point to note is, do we know if Orochi has the right intel now? I can't remember if he knows the right port ... what if he was fed the wrong intel?
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!




  8. #8
    Kill The President! Derfel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    BR HUEHUEHUE
    Posts
    3,407
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    8,757
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    martialarts engineer


    Law being a traitor would be worse than finding out tobi is obito.
    I don't think there is a traitor among them.

  9. #9
    Senior Member marmath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    A block away from here
    Posts
    627
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    9,602
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    martialarts engineer


    Well if I'm not mistaken, I believe that Kioshiro was one of the 9 samurai under the kozuki.

    And there for is the mole in the whole plan and is the one leaking information to Orochi

  10. #10
    Joseph Joestar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Californication
    Posts
    36,192
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    3,611
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    swordsman thief


    Law can't be the traitor considering he has no knowledge of komurasaki whereabouts

    Spoiler!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •