View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter!

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1

    0 0%
  • 2

    0 0%
  • 3

    0 0%
  • 4

    1 4.76%
  • 5

    20 95.24%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1
    AppleCider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    apple orchard
    Posts
    19,868
    Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    26,730
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    swordsman doctor


    One Piece Chapter 957 Discussion and 958 Predictions


    "Ultimate"

    One Piece Chapter 957 Discussion and 958 Predictions

    Discuss One Piece Manga Chapter 957 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga Chapter 958

    Start reading here @ OPB

    Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
    1 is worst, 5 is best.


  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AppleCider For This Useful Post:

    FireAngeL  (Sep 27th '19), Outlaw  (Oct 13th '19), Overhaul  (Sep 27th '19)

  3. #2
    AppleCider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    apple orchard
    Posts
    19,868
    Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    26,730
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    swordsman doctor


    There is a connection between Rocks and Blackbeard

    Both are D. Both are evil. Both want to rule the world. Rocks Pirates fought Roger and Garp. Blackbeard Pirates will fight Luffy... and who?

    Also it was pointed out that Blackbeard's ship is Saber of Xebec. And Rocks full name is Rocks D. Xebec.

    Rocks Pirates formed on Beehive Island, which is currently Blackbeard's base.

  4. #3
    Senior Member Gujiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    271
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    1,469
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0


    OMG, What a chapter, 1000/10!!!
    Now I m curious about Dragon's bounty.

    and I hope they make Garp spin off some day

  5. #4
    Senritsu no Tatsumaki! akatsukigogeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,749
    Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    10,137
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    martialarts scientist


    yo this chapter was amazingly detailed and informative. I have been waiting ages for the yonkou bounties as well as gold rogers. The rocks pirates is also an amazing story. really gets you thinking how strong is garp

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    43
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    175
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0


    Is it just me, or is Sengoku up to something? He talks about Garp not wanting to protect Celestial Dragons completely neutrally, without damning Garp for that. If anything, his speech actually seems more offensive to Celestial Dragons themselves. And the way he talks about WG hiding what happenned... it's almost like he wants his listeners to question that very action.

    Also, im starting to think there really were two types of D. people. One is Blackbeard and that Xerbec... which, btw, might be in Teach's body for some reason (remember the part about his body being "special"?). On the other, we have Luffy, Ace and others.

    Also, did we already know Oden was part of Whitebeard's crew? I think we heard something like that, but im not sure. And what's the deal with the Wano? Why so many outstanding pirates take interest in it?

    Anyway, this is the perfect example that you can have chapter without ANY action and still be perfect. 5/5 from me.
    Last edited by Qirdich; Sep 27th '19 at 10:15 AM.

  7. #6
    Joseph Joestar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Californication
    Posts
    36,192
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    3,607
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    swordsman thief


    Garp has earned so much god damn respect this chapter. The dude literally hates his greatest professional accomplishment due to protecting the evil and corrupt world government it's no wonder this dudes son started the whole revolution. Garp and Roger fighting beside one another makes him taking Ace make way more sense and really makes you understand how horrible Garp must have felt about the whole thing. Last chapter and this he showed to be much more than a silly old man with insane power but truly a representation of a great and strong marine setting an example for guys like Aokji Smoker X Drake and Coby.

    Spoiler!

  8. #7
    Overhaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    22,208
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    6,992
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    assassin entertainer


    Good to see the Yonko's bounties. Whitebeard's and Roger's are GOAT.

    Bit let down we didn't get the Shichibukai's bounties instead, but guess this is classic Oda. Hint us with something by having the Shichibukai be disbanded, and then give us something else bigger than that.

    Now to the real questions, @AppleCider Imma take the stage for you:
    - How did Rocks get Big Mom in his crew? Was it just a temporary alliance? Did he promise her a family? A perfect world? Did he gave her children? Or was he a great cook?

    - I can understand Whitebeard allying with Rocks since he hates slavery, but committing atrocities like killing inside his own crew seems like too much... maybe that's what set up this rule that he had on his own ship?

    - Could Rocks have something to do with Kaido's immortality? Or, since Kaido is blaming Whitebeard, it comes from the time they were allies?

    - Who are Silver Axe and Xhang Zi? Where is Shiki now?

    - Where is Issho? Is he sailing towards a Shichibukai's island, like Boa's? Or is he going after Luffy like he was ordered to do in Dressrosa?

    - Could Rocks be the legend that is going to show up? But why now? Why not during the period after Roger's death? Why not after Whitebeard's death? Was he in Impel Down? Is he in Gods Valley? Is he in Raftel?

    - Did Gods Valley really disappear or ... what secrets does it contain that the WG wants hidden?

    - Is Vegapunk working on harder, better, faster, stronger, Pacifistas? Or is it something else?


    Now I want Garp and Rayleigh to show up in Wano to fight Big Mom and Kaido, like in the good old days in the Gods Valley.
    Were Inu and Neko already in Roger's crew by that time? Perhaps they were too young still. Probably not, as they only joined Roger with Oden, after Oden was in WB's ship. Think this was after Rocks' age of piracy already.
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    There is a connection between Rocks and Blackbeard

    Both are D. Both are evil. Both want to rule the world. Rocks Pirates fought Roger and Garp. Blackbeard Pirates will fight Luffy... and who?

    Also it was pointed out that Blackbeard's ship is Saber of Xebec. And Rocks full name is Rocks D. Xebec.

    Rocks Pirates formed on Beehive Island, which is currently Blackbeard's base.
    Blackbeard Pirates will fight Luffy and Coby :kappa
    Altho Smoker is more like Luffy's Garp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Qirdich View Post
    Is it just me, or is Sengoku up to something? He talks about Garp not wanting to protect Celestial Dragons completely neutrally, without damning Garp for that. If anything, his speech actually seems more offensive to Celestial Dragons themselves. And the way he talks about WG hiding what happenned... it's almost like he wants his listeners to question that very action.

    Also, im starting to think there really were two types of D. people. One is Blackbeard and that Xerbec... which, btw, might be in Teach's body for some reason (remember the part about his body being "special"?). On the other, we have Luffy, Ace and others.

    Also, did we already know Oden was part of Whitebeard's crew? I think we heard something like that, but im not sure. And what's the deal with the Wano? Why so many outstanding pirates take interest in it?

    Anyway, this is the perfect example that you can have chapter without ANY action and still be perfect. 5/5 from me.
    Sengoku is very aware of the Celestial Dragons morally questionable ways. Or wrong ways, to speak it plainly.
    He is not allied with them. He joined the marines to protect the common people. Which is why he understands Garp's position and frustration of not wanting to be squarely under the thumb of people who abuse the common people. Garp can do whatever he wants in this way.

    And Sengoku knows of WG's little dirty secrets. At least some of them. But for the good of the common people, he knows these can't be left out to protect them.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!




  9. #8
    Loni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    9,944
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    2,989
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Overhaul View Post
    Good to see the Yonko's bounties. Whitebeard's and Roger's are GOAT.

    Bit let down we didn't get the Shichibukai's bounties instead, but guess this is classic Oda. Hint us with something by having the Shichibukai be disbanded, and then give us something else bigger than that.

    Now to the real questions, @AppleCider Imma take the stage for you:
    - How did Rocks get Big Mom in his crew? Was it just a temporary alliance? Did he promise her a family? A perfect world? Did he gave her children? Or was he a great cook?

    - I can understand Whitebeard allying with Rocks since he hates slavery, but committing atrocities like killing inside his own crew seems like too much... maybe that's what set up this rule that he had on his own ship?

    - Could Rocks have something to do with Kaido's immortality? Or, since Kaido is blaming Whitebeard, it comes from the time they were allies?

    - Who are Silver Axe and Xhang Zi? Where is Shiki now?

    - Where is Issho? Is he sailing towards a Shichibukai's island, like Boa's? Or is he going after Luffy like he was ordered to do in Dressrosa?

    - Could Rocks be the legend that is going to show up? But why now? Why not during the period after Roger's death? Why not after Whitebeard's death? Was he in Impel Down? Is he in Gods Valley? Is he in Raftel?

    - Did Gods Valley really disappear or ... what secrets does it contain that the WG wants hidden?

    - Is Vegapunk working on harder, better, faster, stronger, Pacifistas? Or is it something else?


    Now I want Garp and Rayleigh to show up in Wano to fight Big Mom and Kaido, like in the good old days in the Gods Valley.
    Were Inu and Neko already in Roger's crew by that time? Perhaps they were too young still. Probably not, as they only joined Roger with Oden, after Oden was in WB's ship. Think this was after Rocks' age of piracy already.

    Blackbeard Pirates will fight Luffy and Coby :kappa
    Altho Smoker is more like Luffy's Garp?

    Sengoku is very aware of the Celestial Dragons morally questionable ways. Or wrong ways, to speak it plainly.
    He is not allied with them. He joined the marines to protect the common people. Which is why he understands Garp's position and frustration of not wanting to be squarely under the thumb of people who abuse the common people. Garp can do whatever he wants in this way.

    And Sengoku knows of WG's little dirty secrets. At least some of them. But for the good of the common people, he knows these can't be left out to protect them.
    Maybe they just joined him cuz he was the strongest there?idk anyway he was a D. they have their ways of getting allies


    They also mentioned Captain Morgan was also in Rocks the guy whos treasure Buggy is after all the time

    I think Fujitora is going to Wano
    I hope its something new not just stronger Pacifistas or something like that

    I doubt Inu and Neko were with Roger 38 years ago they were too young and Oden wasnt on Rogers ship

    About Oden is he the second commander that was missing in the WB pirates? They said that spot was empty for a long time

    I also wanna know did Roger and Garp beat Rocks together or was it like Garp vs Rocks and Roger vs Wb or someone else?

    Its also interesting that they said Rocks was Rogers biggest rival and not WB?

    Did Roger and Wb surpass him later?

  10. #9
    Not Infecfecfecfected Jam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    691
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    6,624
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    assassin navigator


    Fun issue! My favorite part tho.. is Oden Kozuki! The last line.. who is the lurking legend??

    Update - Oden he is not a lurking legend, he is a legend in general, he passed away.

    The whole bit about the Secret Science Guardians (not what is actually is) is awesome. Seems Vegapunks project went through!!

    I wonder where Fujitora was, around Buggy? I wonder if Buggy will follow the giants to Luffy.

    I have been reading interesting theories online:
    - Gods Valley is a part of Elbaf? Speculation
    - Oden was traded to Gol D. Roger from Whitebeard in a Davy Back Fight. Oden was probably unstoppable hehe
    Last edited by Jam; Sep 27th '19 at 03:41 PM.
    You will fight like a real soldier fights. You will forget what Hollywood taught you. Ocelot

  11. #10
    Nekomamushi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Lillehammer!
    Posts
    25,235
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    51,332
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0


    Oh my, this chapter deserves a post.

    Finally, the bounties of WB and Roger have been revealed. To say they're insanely high is an understatement. However, that makes me curious about Dragon's bounty. He was the world's most wanted man even when WB was still alive. But Sengoku specified the highest bounties among pirates, so that might not include the Revs.

    Also, wasn't it said somewhere that Shanks' bounty was the highest? Regardless, I like the hype for his crew. It's described pretty much as I see it. Small, but incredibly powerful.

    I really hoped we'd see the new bounties of the former Shichibukai, but alas, now is not the time

    That Rocks story, though... that's fucking insane. For one, it definitely hypes up Roger and Garp. Now, WB, BM, and Kaido were younger back then, but so were Roger and Garp. They were all still of similar age, yet Roger and Garp defeated them AND Rocks himself. That's just insane. Now, there's surely more to it than we know. I'm guessing Rayleigh and others stepped in, as well. And given that Kaido seems to be younger than the rest, he might not have been up to par with those at that point.

    Another thing mentioned was Shiki. How awesome is that?! I feel like he's only ever been mentioned in chapter 0

    Oda did show us Rocks' look, which makes me curious. He's said to be dead, but why even show us his appearance then? So will he be that lurking legend Oda mentioned? And knowing he was a D, and quite possibly Roger's biggest adversary, that's just awesome. Imagine having those subordinates, the power you must have.

    Also, I wonder where Fujitora is. I saw some kind of sea serpent, so might he be going after Boa? Though the seas seemed rocky, and the Calm Belt ain't that.

    @Loni, nice to see you're alive!
    Last edited by Nekomamushi; Sep 27th '19 at 03:47 PM.

    - All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •