View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter!

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 4.76%

20 95.24%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Watched a bit of Tekking's review, and he brought up a good point. As I mentioned earlier, it seems Fuji might be at Amazon Lilly to bring in Hancock. From what Tekking mentioned, it actually seems very likely. Since Fujitora is blind, he can't see Boa's beauty, which makes him pretty much the prime candidate to capture her.

Quote Originally Posted by FireAngeL View Post
    It's been a while I didn't like a cover at all.
    Fuji looks quite beat up. He teamed up with Ryukugyu to fight Revo commanders tho.
    Who caused the suffering for Issho to hate on Shichibukais? He blinded himself as well. Might be because of Shichibukai? Then again who could be strong enough to tango with him. I think he had the same past as Z's.

SSG might be referred to KUMAS led by Sentomaru. Is it really strong enough to replace warlords? Last time I checked they were getting beat by NW fodders 2 years ago. Then by monster trio.
    I must say, it is always funny to read Fuji and And Akainu's convo.

Sengoku is pestering Akainu indirectly. In case the latter sends a troop led by an admiral, who could it be?
    Kizaru was ever ready tho. But I think he can't be. That'd be a thrill to see Pirate King candidate and an Admiral taking down ROCKS once again.
    Nah, it can't be the Pacifista. As we learned at the beginning of the timeskip, the Pacifista are outdated now, and newer models have been made, or were on the way. I'm assuming that refers to SSG. I've always had this theory that they started cloning Oars Jr., which could be sick. But other than that, I don't really have any theory. Maybe some sort of Seastone pulse cannon

Quote Originally Posted by Ic3 View Post
    This chapter was truly worth logging back into OPB to check out the Bounty Chapter after a couple of absence years!
    5/5!
    Welcome back Seems the latest chapter caused quite the stir in the community. Dead people are walking the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by BTR View Post
    I think SSG is working on something new entirely, and whatever it is might be similar to Kuma in that it is a robot/AI, but much stronger.

I think it'll be Coby then? He's a rear admiral already, if he succeeds in capturing Hancock, they'll promote him to Vice Admiral. And he's Garp's disciple.
    Coby is far too weak for that right now. Maybe Smoker, though? I'd consider him too weak, too, but we haven't seen him in a while. Perhaps he's awakened his DF or something.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    Watched a bit of Tekking's review, and he brought up a good point. As I mentioned earlier, it seems Fuji might be at Amazon Lilly to bring in Hancock. From what Tekking mentioned, it actually seems very likely. Since Fujitora is blind, he can't see Boa's beauty, which makes him pretty much the prime candidate to capture her.
    I hope not lol I don't want Boa captured without us seing her doing some big feats , but it's possible since Fujitora doesn't like "countries ruled by pirates"

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Alibaba Saluja View Post
    I hope not lol I don't want Boa captured without us seing her doing some big feats , but it's possible since Fujitora doesn't like "countries ruled by pirates"
    Yeah, I'd rather see her not get captured, too. Though she's a pirate more because of necessity for her country. She's different from Doffy or Croc.

And I wonder if Fuji might view her differently because of her past as a slave

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Lurking legend might be Xebec himself and he is also related to WB as he was his captain. BB ship is called " Saber of Xebec". It can't be coincidence. BB has an odd body possessing two DFs. Zoro called him "they" not "he". One could be Rocks residing in BB's body God knows how. But personally I don't think I am a fan of this thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    Nah, it can't be the Pacifista. As we learned at the beginning of the timeskip, the Pacifista are outdated now, and newer models have been made, or were on the way. I'm assuming that refers to SSG. I've always had this theory that they started cloning Oars Jr., which could be sick. But other than that, I don't really have any theory. Maybe some sort of Seastone pulse cannon
    Law once said WG didn't do something major for the last two years as if they were preparing for something. Gorosei mentioned great cleansing. SSG might be the updated versions(and hella strong at that) that could also take part in the cleansing whenever they start one. Could this be preparation Law mentioned?

If they clone Oars, I think that may take the hype from world's strongest army "GIANTS.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

SSG is Super Sayajin God , WG found Goku or Vegeta

I like how Oda end the chapter by linking everything to Wano Kuni ... Oda I am already ready for Oden's flashback please !

Of course Theories that Rocks is Teach's father are already out there with a parallel to Ace , I want to share it with you :

-the only times we had 2 Ds fight are Rocks vs Roger and both their sons Teach vs Ace with both taking different names. (Portgas/Marshall)
    -one hates his father (Ace) one loves his father and named his ship Xebec (BB , who also was drawn by Oda as a sad child)
    -Teach is 40years old and Rocks died 38years ago
    -WitheBeard took his rival and former captain's sons in his crew
    Last edited by Alibaba Saluja; Sep 30th '19 at 12:38 AM.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Marine Hq makes me think of McDonald.

I love that spread. It invokes simple adventure and I like that.

I like the description of each crew. Kaido attracts assholes. Big Mom make babies. Shanks has friends. Blackbeard has strong people? I dunno about blackbeard method.

Blackbeard living in Beehive really interest me. Sengoku mention Rocks was into the taboos of the world. I could see the island having some of the secret he discovered and that's why Blackbeard chose it. Possibly learning about Rocks interests from Whitebeard.

Garp looks damn good in that image. I don't think I ever saw Garp not looking good.

I am impressed by Shanks. he really did make it recently and doesn't have the bonus of being from the crew that shared the world. He's the true begenning of a new era. He's young enough for it and his exploits are recent enough.The idea that he became yonko recently makes me like him more.

Oden died 20 years ago. Meaning 8 years before we met Shanks. So did Oden join Shanks as soon as Roger died before returning home?

Fuji seems hurt which is surprising. You could say it's from the assualt but he wiped the floor with Sabo back then and easily dominated. Maybe he's back from fighting Mihawk or something? Or the the power of off-panel and couple days of training make the revos that much stronger.

God valley should have been names after the incident not before. There's a way to do proper hype.

The incident sounds like it would make a cool chapter like chapter 0.

Not a fan of the rocks reveal. Another remembrance that having the right name matters. Another secret important figure. And he consolidate the pirate world in a way I don't like. Also it's weird he would have a lower bounty than Whitebeard considering considering Rocks not only had the best crew but was gunning for the government directly something most pirates don't do.

I do find rocks story interesting. A pirate that wanted to be king and the proto revolutionary. I just don't like all the BS tied to it like having everyone on his crew or how he diminish Whitebeard. Also I find it really weird that his bounty would be lower than Whitebeard with such forces and ambitions. Maybe they existed for 2 months and were a blip on thew radar. But based on how Sengoku presented the information and what information he gave it seems very unlikely and more of a case Oda trying to juggle several hype balls at the same time.Maybe they erased his bounty from history.

I don't think it would some super secret when a shitload of his members were sailing long after they disbanded and he was supposedely known throughout the world. And he is linked to every big shot in piracy. I prefer if it was just a brief pirate alliances between people that have their own crews before they understood they had to much ego to work together instead of it being a legit crew.

I prefer Garp as man that loves his job but enjoys freedom more than the idea that he actually secretly a super deep character that has past promotion because of moral quandries. Also I feel it's strange that Sengoku would share such distate of their bosses with some random marines.

I'm not a fan of the new awesome rival Roger used to have or the alliance he had with Garp. To me it take a lot of the strength of that moment where Roger ask his enemy that he came to trust to take care of his child if they already worked together.

I also prefer the idea off a Whitebeard that was his own big shot and was then matched and surpassed by Roger rather than Roger meeting him when he was still a subordinate and he was a captain.

I don't like that pretty much every big shot came from there including Shiki and John. Piracy existed already. We saw Doffly, Big mom and Brook get into piracy with different circumstances. I really hate the whole they all come from that one place instead of each of them forged their distinct path.

I think there's no way Big Mom would have ever been a subordinate in her life. Especially in her 20s. and I think it screws with the point of her story in many ways. Also it's weird she's stronger at 68 than 30 but wathever.

I do expect Rocks to become relevant in the present or we wouldn't suddenly introduce him.

Also considering the bounty pattern of the yonkos the ones from Whitebeard and Roger aren't that special so making a big deal how they've never been surpassed is silly. If Roger was in 7-8 billions while everyone is in their pathetic 4 than sure. But he just has a slightly better one.

Senior Member AndrewtheAmericanDude's Avatar
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman entertainer

@desa I kinda agree, having everyone on the Rocks is overkill. If it was just Kaido, Big Mom, and maybe Whitebeard, fine. But Shiki and even Captain Jack? What does that serve? Questionable.

If every big shot was on the Rocks then who were they fighting to get that strong? Just Marines? I guess we still have Chinjao and Brook as separate.

I also think it would've been hype to unveil the emperors' bounties when the strawhats encounter them on the battlefield, this feels like blowing the load a bit early.

Xebec's role is probably a few things: 1. to serve in Blackbeard's motivations, inherited will, D lore, and 2. to play as the antagonist or big bad when Roger inevitably gets a huge flashback. I doubt Xebec will appear in present that would be really dumb (Im is already dubious), but his character will be substantiated or validated by big flashback time just like Roger. Roger's not gonna appear in the present and Whitebeard got a huge arc to just spotlight him, so there's prob gonna be a flashback arc. Oda's been deliberately secretive with Roger screentime like he's saving up for something like that.

I don't think Garp is entirely motivated to not promote because of Celestial Dragons, I think it's probably a mixture of both which is natural.

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

It's okay, Issho is blind, he probably wont be able to spot her
    SSG is Super Sayajin God , WG found Goku or Vegeta

I like how Oda end the chapter by linking everything to Wano Kuni ... Oda I am already ready for Oden's flashback please !

Of course Theories that Rocks is Teach's father are already out there with a parallel to Ace , I want to share it with you :

-the only times we had 2 Ds fight are Rocks vs Roger and both their sons Teach vs Ace with both taking different names. (Portgas/Marshall)
    -one hates his father (Ace) one loves his father and named his ship Xebec (BB , who also was drawn by Oda as a sad child)
    -Teach is 40years old and Rocks died 38years ago
    -WitheBeard took his rival and former captain's sons in his crew
    Those are some pretty cool theories!!

I will add one more:

- Rocks didn't die, but got arrested.
    - Blackbeard's main goal of breaking into Impel Down was to release his father ... or get something from him. Maybe the secret to hold 2 DFs at the same time? Or maybe he extracted his father power or his body into his darkness, allowing him to live inside and get a fruit for himself?
    Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Marine Hq makes me think of McDonald.

I love that spread. It invokes simple adventure and I like that.

I like the description of each crew. Kaido attracts assholes. Big Mom make babies. Shanks has friends. Blackbeard has strong people? I dunno about blackbeard method.

Blackbeard living in Beehive really interest me. Sengoku mention Rocks was into the taboos of the world. I could see the island having some of the secret he discovered and that's why Blackbeard chose it. Possibly learning about Rocks interests from Whitebeard.

Garp looks damn good in that image. I don't think I ever saw Garp not looking good.

I am impressed by Shanks. he really did make it recently and doesn't have the bonus of being from the crew that shared the world. He's the true begenning of a new era. He's young enough for it and his exploits are recent enough.The idea that he became yonko recently makes me like him more.

Oden died 20 years ago. Meaning 8 years before we met Shanks. So did Oden join Shanks as soon as Roger died before returning home?

Fuji seems hurt which is surprising. You could say it's from the assualt but he wiped the floor with Sabo back then and easily dominated. Maybe he's back from fighting Mihawk or something? Or the the power of off-panel and couple days of training make the revos that much stronger.

God valley should have been names after the incident not before. There's a way to do proper hype.

The incident sounds like it would make a cool chapter like chapter 0.

Not a fan of the rocks reveal. Another remembrance that having the right name matters. Another secret important figure. And he consolidate the pirate world in a way I don't like. Also it's weird he would have a lower bounty than Whitebeard considering considering Rocks not only had the best crew but was gunning for the government directly something most pirates don't do.

I do find rocks story interesting. A pirate that wanted to be king and the proto revolutionary. I just don't like all the BS tied to it like having everyone on his crew or how he diminish Whitebeard. Also I find it really weird that his bounty would be lower than Whitebeard with such forces and ambitions. Maybe they existed for 2 months and were a blip on thew radar. But based on how Sengoku presented the information and what information he gave it seems very unlikely and more of a case Oda trying to juggle several hype balls at the same time.Maybe they erased his bounty from history.

I don't think it would some super secret when a shitload of his members were sailing long after they disbanded and he was supposedely known throughout the world. And he is linked to every big shot in piracy. I prefer if it was just a brief pirate alliances between people that have their own crews before they understood they had to much ego to work together instead of it being a legit crew.

I prefer Garp as man that loves his job but enjoys freedom more than the idea that he actually secretly a super deep character that has past promotion because of moral quandries. Also I feel it's strange that Sengoku would share such distate of their bosses with some random marines.

I'm not a fan of the new awesome rival Roger used to have or the alliance he had with Garp. To me it take a lot of the strength of that moment where Roger ask his enemy that he came to trust to take care of his child if they already worked together.

I also prefer the idea off a Whitebeard that was his own big shot and was then matched and surpassed by Roger rather than Roger meeting him when he was still a subordinate and he was a captain.

I don't like that pretty much every big shot came from there including Shiki and John. Piracy existed already. We saw Doffly, Big mom and Brook get into piracy with different circumstances. I really hate the whole they all come from that one place instead of each of them forged their distinct path.

I think there's no way Big Mom would have ever been a subordinate in her life. Especially in her 20s. and I think it screws with the point of her story in many ways. Also it's weird she's stronger at 68 than 30 but wathever.

I do expect Rocks to become relevant in the present or we wouldn't suddenly introduce him.

Also considering the bounty pattern of the yonkos the ones from Whitebeard and Roger aren't that special so making a big deal how they've never been surpassed is silly. If Roger was in 7-8 billions while everyone is in their pathetic 4 than sure. But he just has a slightly better one.
    Blackbeard attracts Pyschos

Shanks did share the benefit of being in the Pirate King's crew tho..

And yeah, it seems like it was a temporary alliance, not BM, Kaido and Whitebeard really joining Rocks crew but merely temporary allying with him for a common goal. Which was something that at least Whitebeard sympathised with, defeating the Celestial Dragons and free the slaves.

Rocks bounty wasn't revealed, was it? We don't know if it was lower than Whitebeard's at the time. Probably is by now, but at the time, since the 3 future Yonkos were still young and raising, probably didn't have bounties as high as they currently are.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I've been thinking about something And no one's brought it up yet.

Who did Shanks replace as a Yonko? It was said he was made a Yonko 6 years ago. As we know, the Shichibukai were created to deter the Yonko, and Boa has been a Yonko for at least ten years. Mihawk might have been one for longer.

In other words, the Yonko aren't some new thing that came about in the past 6 years.

What if it's Shiki? Or Captain John perhaps? Maybe someone we haven't heard about before.

Edit: Also, with the SSG and their new weapon, is it possible we'll see a counter science group that will attempt to thwart their weapon? Since we have both Judge and Caesar out there roaming - we still don't know where Caesar is - perhaps they could create something?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewtheAmericanDude View Post
    @desa I kinda agree, having everyone on the Rocks is overkill. If it was just Kaido, Big Mom, and maybe Whitebeard, fine. But Shiki and even Captain Jack? What does that serve? Questionable.

If every big shot was on the Rocks then who were they fighting to get that strong? Just Marines? I guess we still have Chinjao and Brook as separate.

I also think it would've been hype to unveil the emperors' bounties when the strawhats encounter them on the battlefield, this feels like blowing the load a bit early.

Xebec's role is probably a few things: 1. to serve in Blackbeard's motivations, inherited will, D lore, and 2. to play as the antagonist or big bad when Roger inevitably gets a huge flashback. I doubt Xebec will appear in present that would be really dumb (Im is already dubious), but his character will be substantiated or validated by big flashback time just like Roger. Roger's not gonna appear in the present and Whitebeard got a huge arc to just spotlight him, so there's prob gonna be a flashback arc. Oda's been deliberately secretive with Roger screentime like he's saving up for something like that.

I don't think Garp is entirely motivated to not promote because of Celestial Dragons, I think it's probably a mixture of both which is natural.
    As was said, they fought amongst each other and killed off one another. That would probably make them stronger.
    Last edited by Nekomamushi; Oct 1st '19 at 09:18 PM.

Spoiler!