Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Where Art Thou Germa?

This is as much a theory as it is a prediction, so name it as you will.

Last we've seen of Germa, they were facing Big Mom pirates to allow the Straw Hats to escape, with the collaboration of Jinbe and Sun Pirates.

We know that Big Mom wanted an alliance with Germa to get their technology, and as such she wanted to marry one of her daughters with one of Germa's heirs, that so happened to be the most disposable one to Judge, Sanji.

Ever since the arc ended, we don't know what happened to Germa, we just know that Big Mom didn't get the wedding she wanted and therefore the alliance didn't happen ... or did it?

Judge is a man that is afraid to die. He does not want to die. He cried at such prospect. He thinks himself and his legacy too big and too important to waste in death.
    Big Mom just wants one thing tho, Germa's tech, so she could probably kill Judge and his offspring and get the tech, right?

Well, that depends. Could Judge have a kill switch button? In which, if he dies, he sabotages the whole enterprise of his scientific knowledge and expertise, destroying the factory and his scientific achievements?
    Or something he can blackmail it with, threatening to destroy it instead. Or is his presence and knowledge needed to make this tech work?

If that were to happen, which is quite likely, then Big Mom would have no other chance but to spare his life, but that doesn't mean he would be free. Probably under arrest, locked away until he'd give in his tech ... or having one of his children's lives used as leverage against him instead.

And I think this didn't happen, I think he didn't want this, and instead he preferred to reach a peaceful agreement, going back to what was supposed to happen to begin with:
    - an alliance, where one of his kids are married off to Big Mom.

Back to the start, he marries off either one of his most disposable sons, Yonji, to Pudding (as Big Mom might not be very flexible in this), or maybe his own precious daughter to one of Big Mom's sons ... one that stayed behind in Whole Cake Island recovering, Katakuri

This way, Germa gets to survive, compromising one of his kids to Big Mom but under the agreement that no harm shall come to him/her, and Big Mom gets the wonders of Germa 66 technology to herself.

Everybody wins, and everybody survives.

This possibility brings something else to the table:
    They might show up in Wano!!
    Seeing that they could be allied to Big Mom, and possibly arranging the wedding of one of their kids in WCI (and this kid shall probably stay there as a security measure against the Germa), they could be deployed to come help her in Wano Country to face the rebels!

As such, they would be pitted against Sanji once again, this time as full blown enemies. However, if this were to happen, it is possible they would change sides and stab Big Mom's alliance in the back, helping Sanji and Luffy's alliance instead.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

I think they're currently captured together with the Sun Pirates but not for long. I doubt we'll see them so soon. They might show up during the final battle.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Blast View Post
    I think they're currently captured together with the Sun Pirates but not for long. I doubt we'll see them so soon. They might show up during the final battle.
    Could they be imprisoned in Mont D'Or's books? We didn't get the mass breakout we wanted in Whole Cake Island, maybe we will have it now? Was Oda setting it up for this moment?

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts navigator

Prisoners of the Big Mom Pirates is my guess. It's possible she forced one of them to marry one of her kids, but I think since they attempted to kill her and covered for the Strawhats, her biggest enemies right now, they will be taken prisoner. Their technology is hers as well, though what she intends to do with it I don't know.

Still the Hero.

"Ideas Never Die..."

Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

Quote Originally Posted by Overhaul View Post
    Could they be imprisoned in Mont D'Or's books? We didn't get the mass breakout we wanted in Whole Cake Island, maybe we will have it now? Was Oda setting it up for this moment?
    That's what i've been thinking. We didn't see Mont d'Or together with the rest so I assume he stayed there for safety. I have many theories about a breakout but none of them have any basis unfortunately...

Senior Member AndrewtheAmericanDude's Avatar
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman entertainer

Idk we have enough people in Wano so if we're going to add anyone I only want Marines if at all, imo. The question of what Big Mom might've done with Germa tech is interesting tho.

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Blast View Post
    That's what i've been thinking. We didn't see Mont d'Or together with the rest so I assume he stayed there for safety. I have many theories about a breakout but none of them have any basis unfortunately...
    We saw him in the ship invading Wano
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewtheAmericanDude View Post
    Idk we have enough people in Wano so if we're going to add anyone I only want Marines if at all, imo. The question of what Big Mom might've done with Germa tech is interesting tho.
    Technically in Marineford we had 3 parties interrupting:

1 - Luffy and Impel Down prisoners
    2 - Blackbeard pirates
    3 - Shanks

So I don't think it's too much to have more than one party interrupting this party in Wano

Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

Quote Originally Posted by Overhaul View Post
    We saw him in the ship invading Wano
    We did? damn well there goes my theory