View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter!

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

1 6.67%

2 13.33%

5 33.33%

7 46.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

One Piece Chapter 958 Discussion and 959 Predictions

"The Promised Port"

One Piece Chapter 958 Discussion and 959 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga Chapter 958 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga Chapter 959

Start reading here @ OPB

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
    1 is worst, 5 is best.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AppleCider For This Useful Post:

FireAngeL  (Oct 4th '19), Overhaul  (Oct 4th '19)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Lol Oda. A bit lame, but I'll bite.

Act 3 starts with tragedy. That's ruff. I like that Inuarashi was like "fuck it, we'll just do this anyway" with a rowboat. What a dawg.

It's obvious they didn't die. But something happened.
    I saw some theories floating around when the spoilers released that Franky could have made hot air balloons ships, or Caribou could have swallowed them all to hide and infiltrate Onigashima... like another fakeout as we got it in Whole Cake Island with Wadatsumi swallowing the Sunny. Lame, because Oda can't expect us to think they're dead, specially when it's the second arc in a row he does this. Sigh.

Maybe even Jinbe showed up and coated their ships so they can go under the storm and the waves and show up at Onigashima a la Whitebeard... Franky can do submarines too... so many parallels.

But something definitely happened. Orochi knew about their raid and Orochi is ecstatic and unconcerned. He either sent someone there to take care of them, and they were defeated but sailed away to Onigashima earlier and appeared to be defeated ... or the men Orochi sent betrayed Orochi and gave him false info.

Did he send Kyoshiro? As it was mentioned he stayed behind in the capital... this has a meaning, it's not random info.
    My theory is that Kyoshiro is the alliance's mole, undermining Orochi and helping Komurasaki. So he most likely faked an attack, destroyed some ships and told them to sail (or hide) away from that port. X Drake and Law could have a hand in it too.

Or, worst case scenario, Vegapunk arrived with his new Pacifistas per Orochi's requestand wrecked the port

The small snails being blocked is either due to some device or the storm interfering with it, nothing serious.

It would be really cool if when Kin'emon and the others showed up at Onigashima, everyone else would be there, exhausted or defeated from fighting, but then would rise up again to fight. Maybe Conquerors Haki can do that? Give an astonishing amount of will to the allies to get up and fight again. Like Luffy did vs Katakuri.
    Maybe that's why it's the strongest and rarest form of Haki. Because not only it can defeat the weak of will, but it can also powerup others' will to fight

That, or they will show up after Kin'emon and the others arrive at Onigashima and stand against the 40k soldiers. Something like Jon Snow vs the cavalry charge at the Battle of the Bastards.

A curious thing was said by Oden. Mangastream has a sketchy translation, Jaiminisbox's is better.
    Nonetheless, Wano has decided to stay closed to the WG for all this years and he doesn't understand why. Something tells me that this is not so simple as wanting to be an isolated country, but because they're hiding the secrets of the void century. Or some of them.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin navigator

Hmm.. rough start to the act, seems like more bait! I bet this arc will be hot fire around xmas/start of 2020. Still a great issue, the art and mood are always on point! Can't wait to see it animated!

Where is CatViper and Marco?! Maybe they landed on the coast with the Mugiwaras and now they have started a fight there? Maybe the government finally sent the SSG assassins for the pirates?! Too much happening
    You will fight like a real soldier fights. You will forget what Hollywood taught you. Ocelot

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

A bit of a disappointing chapter after the last two we've had, especially adding the break.

I will say, though, the panel with Kinemon and them standing in front of the sea, it looked fantastic. NEW OPB BANNER!!!

So Kyoshiro stayed behind to guard Wano by himself, huh? That's pretty awesome, imo. That shows his power. However, personally, I don't really know where his loyalty lies. It feels like he will eventually turn. But here's a prediction: Zoro gets lost on his way, so he's still in Wano, and he'll end up fighting Kyoshiro.

I feel like this has something to do with what Law and Hawkins are scheming. It's quite possible Law gave up their position, but I really don't think he'd ever do that. Regardless of how much Luffy annoys him at times, he's indebted to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhaul View Post
    It's obvious they didn't die. But something happened.
    I saw some theories floating around when the spoilers released that Franky could have made hot air balloons ships, or Caribou could have swallowed them all to hide and infiltrate Onigashima... like another fakeout as we got it in Whole Cake Island with Wadatsumi swallowing the Sunny. Lame, because Oda can't expect us to think they're dead, specially when it's the second arc in a row he does this. Sigh.
    I don't think it's a fakeout. I mean, I don't think it's supposed to make you think they're dead, rather wonder what has happened to them. Build up discussions and theories around it.
    Yeah, I thought of the same thing. I half expected Franky and them to appear from the sky.

It would be really cool if when Kin'emon and the others showed up at Onigashima, everyone else would be there, exhausted or defeated from fighting, but then would rise up again to fight. Maybe Conquerors Haki can do that? Give an astonishing amount of will to the allies to get up and fight again. Like Luffy did vs Katakuri.
    Maybe that's why it's the strongest and rarest form of Haki. Because not only it can defeat the weak of will, but it can also powerup others' will to fight
    Hmm, that's an interesting theory for CoC. But I don't think Luffy is quite there yet with his CoC, even though did say a few years ago that's the Haki he's the strongest at.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts navigator

I wonder what could have happened? Did Kaido and Big Mom ambush them together? Or maybe the Big Mom Pirates attacked?

Still the Hero.

"Ideas Never Die..."

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    A bit of a disappointing chapter after the last two we've had, especially adding the break.

I will say, though, the panel with Kinemon and them standing in front of the sea, it looked fantastic. NEW OPB BANNER!!!

So Kyoshiro stayed behind to guard Wano by himself, huh? That's pretty awesome, imo. That shows his power. However, personally, I don't really know where his loyalty lies. It feels like he will eventually turn. But here's a prediction: Zoro gets lost on his way, so he's still in Wano, and he'll end up fighting Kyoshiro.

I feel like this has something to do with what Law and Hawkins are scheming. It's quite possible Law gave up their position, but I really don't think he'd ever do that. Regardless of how much Luffy annoys him at times, he's indebted to him.

I don't think it's a fakeout. I mean, I don't think it's supposed to make you think they're dead, rather wonder what has happened to them. Build up discussions and theories around it.
    Yeah, I thought of the same thing. I half expected Franky and them to appear from the sky.
    Sure, but the same happened in Whole Cake Island. That's my main problem with it. I know Oda recycles some story bits, but one after another? It loses strength and the punch it's supposed to deliver, imo. It's like Jean Grey dying. Everybody knows she will revive sooner or later so no one really bats an eye anymore.

Hmm, that's an interesting theory for CoC. But I don't think Luffy is quite there yet with his CoC, even though did say a few years ago that's the Haki he's the strongest at.
    Yeah, suppose he isn't. But it might be the next haki form he trains. First was CoO, now was CoA. CoC must come next.
    Quote Originally Posted by BTR View Post
    I wonder what could have happened? Did Kaido and Big Mom ambush them together? Or maybe the Big Mom Pirates attacked?
    Orochi's face tells me he had a head in it. Not sure if it involved the Yonko directly.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Even tho I suspect 1 of the Scabbards, i've also always suspected Jibuemon and those other guys that greeted Kinemon and co before they left for allies
    Casual: OP is just power levels

Me:

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Curious to see some Orochi-Bog Mom interactions

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

A really meh and short chapter.

Oda need to stop the show a desperate situation and then flashback to it. It's not a crime to be linear and I would probably be more invested if I saw the efforts of the Wanokunians destroy in real time.

I wonder what happed with Luffy's group. Orochi didn't seem to notice the prison had been overtaken so I'm not sure if he would send someone. Maybe Queen got bored?

Fox face being in the capital is definetely a setup for something big. either he is trying a coup or he is in our heroes side. Maybe he is about to meet with Hiyori and start their plan.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

Garbage chapter. Also getting real tired of silhouette Oden. Oda sure takes his sweet time revealing him.

Btw where do you guys read the manga? i've been told Mangaplus is the official translation. Both Jaimini and MS sometimes mess up the translations.