On an abandoned island drinking booze with my crew
    Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Messi should win this one and donate it to C.Ronaldo and tell him: Hey, cheer up dude! You can have mine, I got enough of em .
    All jokes aside! Messi should win rarrrrr. Not really a fanboy of Messi nor wanna go with what the majority thinks of him but I always watch his games and my personal opinion is that he is a masterpiece on the field. I see him doing stuff with a ball that in the past 15 years that I've been watching football nobody else has been able to pull off.

Pirates are evil? The navy is righteous?
    Those views changes as often as the tides!
    Kids who've never known peace have different values from those who've never know war.
    Those who stand at the top can decide the definition of ''evil''.
    Justice will triumph, you say?
    Of course it will!
    Because the winner will become justice!

-Donquixote Doflamingo

Manga
    Fishman Island
    Anime
    Fishman Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman scientist

First off, it is worth remembering that the Neymar to Barcelona rumours are not original, and not new. Last year there were whispers that a deal was done but nothing happened, and before long the talented youngster signed a new deal with Santos that could in theory keep him in Brazil until 2015.

Of course that doesnt necessarily mean much; any club wanting to sign Neymar was always going to have to pay an astronomical fee but what it does point to is how engrained he is at Santos a club that has abandoned its futsal and womens side in order to finance his wage packet and one that has all but abandoned fellow starlet Ganso in order to build a team around their brightest prospect.

The latter, once believed to be the man who could help Brazil to World Cup glory on home soil in 2014, will soon leave Santos having fallen out dramatically with the clubs board. Neymar is by far and away the clubs highest earner, while Ganso, linked with a move to Tottenham and Chelsea, is the second-lowest paid player in the first team.

And therein lies the first stumbling block. Barcelona do not have 60 million to spend on Neymar. They do not have 6 million to spend on Neymar judging by their most recent set of accounts.

For all their grandeur on the pitch Barca have something of a grubby secret off it in as much as they have a mountain of debt building up - 578 million to be exact.

While that figure is somewhat warped by bewilderingly confusing accounting jargon and technicalities the club are far from where they want to be financially and that has had an impact on the pitch.

Last summer Barcelona's vice-president of finance Javier Faus revealed the club had a transfer budget of around 40 million, while also revealing the clubs main focus was on reducing levels of debt. Cesc Fabregas and Alexis Sanchez arrived last summer, both costing more than the budget mentioned by Faus but sales of the likes of Bojan Krkic and Zlatan Ibrahimovic meant their net spend was only around 10 million. All indications so far suggest this summer could be a quiet one at the Nou Camp.

Jordi Alba has signed on the dotted line for a bargain 14 million while a new centre-back is required, but aside from that few expect much business to be done this summer.

Perhaps the most interesting aspect of the deal is the role Neymars marketability could play in a transfer, something which could justify such a large fee. It is interesting to note that, despite completely over-shadowing rivals Real Madrid in terms of silverware won in recent years, Barcelona still cannot hold a candle to the revenue generated by Los Blancos, who are the only club in the world to make over 400 million a year.

And what is it that sets Jose Mourinhos side apart from their rivals? The second generation of Galacticos.

President Florentino Perez appears to have no qualms about forking over mammoth transfer fees for the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka and Karim Benzema. Together Madrid paid over 180 million for the three and a further 100 million for Xabi Alonso, Angel di Maria, Mesut Ozil and Fabio Coentrao.

Madrids approach banks on the marketability of the likes of Ronaldo and Kaka, two of the most popular players in terms of social media it is worth noting, and monetising their popularity. Risky it may be but it appears to be working if their record 135 million in commercial revue for 2010 is anything to go by while their record breaking media and match day revenue also feeds off the popularity of their stars.

Barcelona are hardly paupers in this region but they havent quite exploited the model as Madrid have. Messi is a global figure and helps his clubs profitability like few others could, but it is here the arrival of Neymar makes most sense.

Ranked as the most marketable athlete on the planet by SportsPro, Neymar is already an icon in his home country and has a growing legion of fans around the world. The Brazilian and Barcelona appear a match made in heaven and can service one another's needs - and with the 2014 World Cup in Brazil looming on the horizon, his worth to both club and country looks set to sky rocket.

Interestingly the arrival of Neymar at Barcelona could be facilitated by Nike, the Catalan clubs shirt sponsor. Despite their own galaxy of stars only a few of the high profile players are Nike athletes. In 2006 Messi singed with Adidas while David Villa is also associated with the German brand, as is Xavi. Cesc Fabregas recently ditched Nike to sign with Puma.

Neymar, young talented and with sponsorship deals up to his eyeballs would represent the perfect player to help Barcelona become the greatest side off the pitch as well as on it.

In this respect the fact that club president Sandro Rosell spent six years working with Nike to promote the brand in Brazil will obviously help lubricate the wheels of any deal.

Barcelona arent known for astronomic transfer fees like Madrid but the acquisition of Neymar, who makes around 8.5 million a year through sponsorship deals with Unilever, Panasonic and of course Nike, would certainly make long-term sense, and will certainly make them a more attractive proposition to potential investors as well as open up a new market of fans in South America.

The involvement of Banco de Brazil, who currently pay some of Neymars wages at Santos, should also open up a few new doors.

Back on the football pitch is where the deal starts to get a little less certain. It was another Brazilian, Ronaldinho, who was forced out of the club in order to make room for Messi to take centre stage and drive the club to glory, and how Neymar fits in with that is unclear.

Would he fit in well with Barcas well honed style of play? Sanchez, a South America, joined last summer and did well despite injuries, but would Neymar shine if he is not the star of the show and forced to fit into a system rather than have one built around him like he does at Santos?

There would certainly be no usurping Messi, who has just enjoyed the greatest goal scoring season Europe has ever seen. When Santos and Barcelona met at the Club World Cup final in December 2011, there was only one winner between both teams and only one winner between Neymar and Messi. It was 4-0 to Barca and 2-0 to Messi.

There are also suggestions Neymar is a player for the YouTube generation; perfect for short clips but his overall contribution is lacking.

Despite reaching the Copa Librtadores semi-final and winning Sao Paolos regional league, the Campeonato Paulista, Santos have struggled in the national league having won just one of their opening nine fixtures.

Neymar has only played three times, scoring twice. He has been accused of going missing for large spells during games. A scorer of easy on the eye goals, sure, but at the moment not a man who can be relied on to win games and make a difference constantly. Then there are doubts over his personality, which has been known to rub team-mates up the wrong way.

With the unassuming Messi and Andres Iniesta on board, that simply isnt the Barca way.

Despite that there were some suggestions that part of the reason that Pep Guardiola quit as manager at the Nou Camp was in part down to his constant battles with Rosell over the signing of Neymar and other targets; now he is out of the picture and the much more malleable Tito Vilanova, who doesnt have years of success to use as the final word, is in charge it may be easier to make a move happen.

The rumours this week suggest that Neymar could stay in Santos for another season before joining up with Barcelona for the start of the 2013/14, one year before he takes centre-stage on home soil at the World Cup.

There appears to be little foundation in reports that a deal has been done or is even close but there is certainly fertile ground for a deal to happen. When or if it happens is unclear, but perhaps the silly season where action on the pitch takes a back seat for a month or so does have its worth.

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

I'm watching UEFA Champions League qualifying right now... Partizan Belgrade vs Valletta FC. Partizan's leading 4-1 in the 90th minute.

"Am I afraid of Hiko Seijuro? Of the promise of death he represents?"
    Himura Kenshin

[CENTER]

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Paris Saint-Germain have announced that they have completed the signing of Zlatan Ibrahimovic from AC Milan.

The Sweden international has signed a three-year contract which will keep him at the Parc des Princes until 2015, with the French capital outfit spending a reported ?23 million fee for the striker.

Ibrahimovic has no doubt that he has taken a step forward in his career and stressed that he is not only thinking about the money, amid reports that he will earn ?13m per year at the club.

"I wanted to thank PSG and [sporting director] Leonardo for their work, they made the impossible possible," he told reporters at a press conference.

"This is another step in my career, another dream that has come true. This has been a massive thing in the media, people chasing me in my home. This is not normal, I will chase them back.

"I have come to a dream team that will progress. I want to be a part of the future, of the history of this club. I'm only thinking about what's ahead.

"This is a very interesting project, a project I wanted to be a part of, and I had no doubts in my mind when they contacted my agent.

"I have come here to win, not for anything else."

When his current deal with PSG expires, Ibrahimovic will be almost 34, and the Swedish striker did not rule out the possibility of retiring at the French club.

"As it looks today, it will be my final contract," he added. "Today I am here and I hope to be here for all the time that I have signed for.

"All I am thinking about is winning and how that will happen.

"I consider PSG to be at the same level as the other clubs I have played for. With the likes of [Marco] Verratti, we have the future as well.

"I do not know a lot about Ligue 1 and its players. Whoever we play against, we will play to win. For sure, I will learn who they are, and they know who I am."

Ibrahimovic joins PSG after two successful seasons at Milan in which he scored 56 goals in all competitions, and the 30-year-old thanked the Italian club for allowing him to kick-start his career following a disappointing spell at Barcelona.

"The only thing I have to say about Milan is that I was happy there, they put a smile on my face again. I am very happy to have been a Milan player," the striker noted.

"They will always remain in my heart because they helped me and my family.

"They will continue to succeed, they did it with me, and they will do it without me. I have nothing negative to say about Milan because that is not like me.

"I left Italy because the future is here. What happens in Italy is not my concern. Without me and Thiago Silva, Serie A will be poorer."

Ibrahimovic, who also had spells at Ajax, Juventus and Inter, has become the fourth summer signing for the Ligue 1 runners-up, following the transfers of Ezequiel Lavezzi, Thiago Silva and Verratti.

"With Zlatan, we are done in the transfer market this year," Leonardo said. "He is the perfect recruitment."

Spoiler!

gear second

Manga
    Punk Hazard
    Anime
    Fishman Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
    32 nominees for Uefa's Best Player in Europe award announced

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
    The Sweden international has signed a three-year contract which will keep him at the Parc des Princes until 2015, with the French capital outfit spending a reported ?23 million fee for the striker.

Ibrahimovic has no doubt that he has taken a step forward in his career and stressed that he is not only thinking about the money, amid reports that he will earn ?13m per year at the club.

"I wanted to thank PSG and [sporting director] Leonardo for their work, they made the impossible possible," he told reporters at a press conference.

"This is another step in my career, another dream that has come true. This has been a massive thing in the media, people chasing me in my home. This is not normal, I will chase them back.

"I have come to a dream team that will progress. I want to be a part of the future, of the history of this club. I'm only thinking about what's ahead.

"This is a very interesting project, a project I wanted to be a part of, and I had no doubts in my mind when they contacted my agent.

"I have come here to win, not for anything else."

When his current deal with PSG expires, Ibrahimovic will be almost 34, and the Swedish striker did not rule out the possibility of retiring at the French club.

"As it looks today, it will be my final contract," he added. "Today I am here and I hope to be here for all the time that I have signed for.

"All I am thinking about is winning and how that will happen.

"I consider PSG to be at the same level as the other clubs I have played for. With the likes of [Marco] Verratti, we have the future as well.

"I do not know a lot about Ligue 1 and its players. Whoever we play against, we will play to win. For sure, I will learn who they are, and they know who I am."

Ibrahimovic joins PSG after two successful seasons at Milan in which he scored 56 goals in all competitions, and the 30-year-old thanked the Italian club for allowing him to kick-start his career following a disappointing spell at Barcelona.

"The only thing I have to say about Milan is that I was happy there, they put a smile on my face again. I am very happy to have been a Milan player," the striker noted.

"They will always remain in my heart because they helped me and my family.

"They will continue to succeed, they did it with me, and they will do it without me. I have nothing negative to say about Milan because that is not like me.

"I left Italy because the future is here. What happens in Italy is not my concern. Without me and Thiago Silva, Serie A will be poorer."

Ibrahimovic, who also had spells at Ajax, Juventus and Inter, has become the fourth summer signing for the Ligue 1 runners-up, following the transfers of Ezequiel Lavezzi, Thiago Silva and Verratti.

"With Zlatan, we are done in the transfer market this year," Leonardo said. "He is the perfect recruitment."

didnt expected to find a goal.com reader on the base

whats up with Lucas, are you gonna sign him or not? IMO he is a little bit expensive for a 19 years old
    i would prefer sir alex sign a quality cm rather than another winger
    you have more than enough wingers Nani,Valencia,A.Young and Kagawa

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sage View Post
    didnt expected to find a goal.com reader on the base

whats up with Lucas, are you gonna sign him or not? IMO he is a little bit expensive for a 19 years old
    i would prefer sir alex sign a quality cm rather than another winger
    you have more than enough wingers Nani,Valencia,A.Young and Kagawa
    well his asking way to much for kid that isn't that prove might have potential but at only 19 asking 110k a week i would tell him to walk on

ps goal is epic

Spoiler!

gear second

Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Buggy the Clown
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin engineer

I check Goal aswell but most of what they post is completely baseless.

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

I'm surprised no one's posted about this yet considering how many United fans there are here. :P

Manchester United drew their second pre season friendly against Ajax Cape Town 1-1.

I'm disappointed with the draw, but at least it's not a loss. Shinji Kagawa played really well, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of him. Some of the other youngsters weren't bad either.

"Am I afraid of Hiko Seijuro? Of the promise of death he represents?"
    Himura Kenshin

[CENTER]

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Champions League Thread - 2012/2013

• This thread is to discuss the Champions League season of 2012/2013.
    • Post scores, team sheets, rumors, game reviews, and anything related to this season.

secret rule we all support Manchester united
    Last edited by Dino; Sep 21st '12 at 05:52 AM.

Spoiler!

gear second

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Tuesday's games

-Madrid vs city game everyone was looking forward too came to life in the last 22 minute's with city going ahead twice but CR7 had the last laugh
    - ac Milan drew a blank again
    - psg spent big and got a big result

Wednesday's game's

-Chelsea let a 2 goal lead slip away to draw
    -Barcelona came from 2-1 down to win 3-2
    -Manchester united didn't have their best game missing a pen
    Last edited by Luffy; Sep 20th '12 at 01:13 PM.

Spoiler!

gear second